• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #9 Indianapolis Colts vs NE Patriots Sunday November 6, 2022 1:00 PM CBS

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had nothing to do with the win yesterday. He barely managed the game.

Everyone was excited last year because we didn't have to deal with Cam Newton for another year. Mac played very well and yes, we were all gung ho. Problem is that he has taken a huge step backward and not forward.

Every other rookie QB suffered through their first year and have taken huge steps forward in 2022 except Mac and Trey Lance (Injured)
  • Trevor Lawrence, Jacksonville Jaguars.
  • Zach Wilson, New York Jets.
  • Trey Lance, San Francisco 49ers.
  • Justin Fields, Chicago Bears.
  • Mac Jones, New England Patriots.
  • Davis Mills, Houston Texans.
Defense had 9 sacks, an INT Pick 6 and totally controlled the Colts.
You're barking up the wrong tree.

NE
M. Jones 20-30, 147 YDS, 1 TD
Number one Fairweather fan right here 9n full display

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you!

Everybody dumping on Mac but there are bigger problems.
The O-line is dysfunctional.
Mac needs to check down plays more quickly but there are rarely check down plays available. That is leaving him desperate.
He is not playing his best for sure but far from all his fault.
We are last in the NFL in giveaways and last in takeaways. Should we not struggle?

Not all Mac's fault this season for sure but he looks pretty terrible. He reminds me of Bledsoe every time he steps back. You just know a sack or a hurried throw is coming.

We have a defense that maybe struggles a bit with scrambling QB's but absolutely crushes everybody else. ST's seems to be back on track this season. With a reliable offense this team can hang with anybody. But we don't have a reliable offense. At all.

Not sure why bitching about the obvious gets us labeled "fair weather fans" considering we're all still watching the games and rooting for our team. We're just annoyed.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what it is about Mac Jones this year. Something just isn't clicking. I have zero confidence in him this year. There hasn't been a single game this year where I'm thinking he played great. I cringe when he drops back to pass. We are where we are because of Folk.. the Defense and Stevenson. I hope Mac gets back to where he was last year. It's the only way we make the playoffs.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Number one Fairweather fan right here 9n full display
Yep. Been a fair weather fan for 62 years. I was around when Billy Sullivan was given the AFL franchise.

On from 1960, to 2022.

Mac has regressed to the point where he is not playing to win. He's playing not to lose or not make mistakes.
That leads to indecision and failure to recognize. He holds the ball too long and does not climb the pocket and that results in poor decisions because he's locking on a receiver. On three occasions yesterday, he was looking one way and failed to look back the other where he had open receivers.

The OL is a problem but has held up well enough for him to get rid of the ball within three seconds. He cant.

Over Mac's last 10 Starts.......
4-6
191/298 69.1% 2005 yards
10 TDs
12 INTs
77.9 QB Rating

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what it is about Mac Jones this year. Something just isn't clicking. I have zero confidence in him this year. There hasn't been a single game this year where I'm thinking he played great. I cringe when he drops back to pass. We are where we are because of Folk.. the Defense and Stevenson. I hope Mac gets back to where he was last year. It's the only way we make the playoffs.

Pats have one of the hardest remaining schedules in the NFL. Miami and the Jets don't appear as though they're going to regress and there are several other solid teams in the AFC that will be fighting for the wild card spots as well. Even if the Pats were to win out at this point it would still be difficult. If we can't get into the playoffs I sure as hell hope we figure out our offensive issues for next season. Sucks to waste a defense this good.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats have one of the hardest remaining schedules in the NFL.
Vikings 7-1
Bills (2) 6-2
Jets 6-3
Dolphins 6-3
Bengals 5-4
Raiders 2-5

All things being equal, the Patriots might win 3 (Jets, Raiders,Bengals). With a blessing from the football gods may be 5 (Bills,, Dolphins)
If Mac plays like he did yesterday they'll be blessed if they win 1.

That's just being completely honest. I don't give a shit how well the defense plays, these guys don't suck anywhere near as bad as the Colts.

Josh has Mac's number and already beat us handily in the preseason. The remainder of this season is going to be a white water ride.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikings 7-1
Bills (2) 6-2
Jets 6-3
Dolphins 6-3
Bengals 5-4
Raiders 2-5

All things being equal, the Patriots might win 3 (Jets, Raiders,Bengals). With a blessing from the football gods may be 5 (Bills,, Dolphins)
If Mac plays like he did yesterday they'll be blessed if they win 1.

That's just being completely honest. I don't give a shit how well the defense plays, these guys don't suck anywhere near as bad as the Colts.

Josh has Mac's number and already beat us handily in the preseason. The remainder of this season is going to be a white water ride.

I think we beat the Vikings, Bengals, Jets and maybe the Bills once. The Dolphins have our number now more than ever before and the Raiders will be Josh's Super bowl if he isn't fired by then.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Been a fair weather fan for 62 years. I was around when Billy Sullivan was given the AFL franchise.

On from 1960, to 2022.

Mac has regressed to the point where he is not playing to win. He's playing not to lose or not make mistakes.
That leads to indecision and failure to recognize. He holds the ball too long and does not climb the pocket and that results in poor decisions because he's locking on a receiver. On three occasions yesterday, he was looking one way and failed to look back the other where he had open receivers.

The OL is a problem but has held up well enough for him to get rid of the ball within three seconds. He cant.

4-6
191/298 69.1% 2005 yards
10 TDs
12 INTs
77.9 QB Rating
Bullshit. Mac has been placed in a system

On from 1960, to 2022.

4-6
191/298 69.1% 2005 yards
10 TDs
12 INTs
77.9 QB Rating
Bullshit. Mac has been forced into a new system with an inexperienced OC sub par WRs, coming off an injury winning games and you and others want to act like he is the sole issue. Online sucks route running questionable red zone play calling horrible all Macs fault. Does not matter how long anyone gas been a fan when you and others pass and moan about a player in a winning effort it wreaks of spoiled little bitches.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit. Mac has been placed in a system

Bullshit. Mac has been forced into a new system with an inexperienced OC sub par WRs, coming off an injury winning games and you and others want to act like he is the sole issue. Online sucks route running questionable red zone play calling horrible all Macs fault. Does not matter how long anyone gas been a fan when you and others pass and moan about a player in a winning effort it wreaks of spoiled little bitches.
So which it? Fair weather fan or whiny little bitch. I say the latter.

I'm not saying everyone who complains is a whiny bitch, just if you write paragraph after paragraph after paragraph. There's a not so fine line between discussing the current state of the team (and propose causes) and whining, complaining and moaning.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So which it? Fair weather fan or whiny little bitch. I say the latter.

I'm not saying everyone who complains is a whiny bitch, just if you write paragraph after paragraph after paragraph. There's a not so fine line between discussing the current state of the team (and propose causes) and whining, complaining and moaning.
Typing on phone not home. But I say both not either. We all know we are in rebuild mode, we all know the WR Corp is questionable, we all know our OC has zero experience, we all know Mac is coming off injury, we all know he is winning. So for anyone to bitch about him in A winning effort is both bitchy and fair weather

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never blame someone else for my work or actions. Mac's passing stats are totally on him. Blaming a system is just a piss poor way of denying inadequate performance.

Coaches have absolutely nothing to do with a 69.1% completion percentage
Coaches have nothing to do with 10 TDs or 12 INTs.

I've never seen a coach on the field during a game. I will admit that a team's record is not 100% on the QB, but he is more responsible for moving the offense than anyone else.

Anger and frustration with a team or performance of players has nothing to do with being fair weather or not. Everyone has their own expectations for everything. Mac is not meeting anyone's expectations this year. Whether you like Zappe or not, when he enters the game, the team has an entirely different approach. Everyone seems to be more upbeat, move faster and perform at a higher and different rate. When Mac is under center, the whole offense seems to move in slower motion, even hurry-up doesn't move very fast.

I don't blame anyone else but Mac, for Mac's performance. The O Line may not be good, but no O Line gives their QB ten seconds to decide where to throw the ball. Matt Patricia and Joe Judge may not be Kyle Shanahan but after 9 weeks, the QB should have some grasp of a new system. Mac is surviving because the defense has been playing at an extremely high level against less than stellar opponents. There are no gimmes remaining in this schedule and the defense will be exposed. There are no more excuses for Mac Jones. Time to suck it up and lead. Or step aside and let someone else try.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaches have absolutely nothing to do with a 69.1% completion percentage
Coaches have nothing to do
Mahomes 66.2%
Brady 65.3%
Rodgers 64.7%
Lawrence 64.3%
Jackson 62.3%
R Wilson 58.8%
Z Wilson 57.5%

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typing on phone not home. But I say both not either. We all know we are in rebuild mode, we all know the WR Corp is questionable, we all know our OC has zero experience, we all know Mac is coming off injury, we all know he is winning. So for anyone to bitch about him in A winning effort is both bitchy and fair weather

You're being pretty friggin sensitive. You got the hots for Mac or something?

While you are mostly correct in your assessment of the entire offense I have to wonder if you are watching the same games as the rest of us. Every time the ball gets hiked I prepare myself for a sack, hurried throw, or int. Sure, the O-line could be better but it sure as hell seems like Mac isn't doing anything extra to bail himself out.

I know we only had two games of Zappe but the offense appeared to operate better.

Mac appears to be Drew Bledsoe-lite.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AT least Drew had a cannon.

Hence the "lite" in my comment.

Every time Bledsoe had the ball in his hands you knew the pocket was going to collapse. That's how I'm feeling about Mac though I hope he gets it figured out.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heard a comment earlier, thought it was hilarious and stupid.
Then I thought..you know what...

Bill should hire Frank Reich.

May not be a "Great" head coach, but he's a good OC.
As HC he's 40 -33-1 while Josh McD is 13-23-0 and Fat Patricia is 13-29-1
Even if it was as a consultant, it would bring actual offensive knowledge to the offense.

And, even better, it would be a HUGE fuck you to Jim Irsay and his ilk.