• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #9 Indianapolis Colts vs NE Patriots Sunday November 6, 2022 1:00 PM CBS

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, Josh was feeling a bit like Brady's final year in NE. It was simply time for a change.
You might have something. Josh wasn't prepared to start changing things because it had been successful and 'he' was comfortable with it. Trying to indoctrinate that complex system in LV is much harder work that I think he was ready for. When Davis gets rid of him, I have afeeling it'll be a few years before he returns to the NFL. I think he'll be a big school OC.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
howd he do 2020 after brady left There is no magic formulas for these OC
this years oline sucks which really limits everything on offense:suds:
brady made mcnuggets not the other way around
dont know if there is data for it but wonder how many times brady changed the play cause of what he saw on the D
so no im not a believer in mcnuggets :suds:
In most of the jobs that I have had, when I have had people working for me, it's always been a kind of unwritten rule that I could do the the job of anyone below me.
Not sure Josh would be able to fill in as a good OLine position coach.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In most of the jobs that I have had, when I have had people working for me, it's always been a kind of unwritten rule that I could do the the job of anyone below me.
Not sure Josh would be able to fill in as a good OLine position coach.
I agree with this for the most part. Except things change or advance and you may not have been heavily involved with the implementation of those advancements. I include that I may not have the answer, but I know where to get the answer.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this for the most part. Except things change or advance and you may not have been heavily involved with the implementation of those advancements. I include that I may not have the answer, but I know where to get the answer.
I fully agree with this.

And I also know that it does not hold true with all supervisor or managerial positions. Just food for thought.

An OC may not be the best WR coach, and the best QB coach and the best RB coach and the best long snapper coach, nor should he be.
But he should be a really good talent evaluator, scheme planner, play caller and be the best at something...one thing...like QB position coach.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the standings?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colts had to place starting DE Tyquan Lewis on IR with a Torn Petellar Tendon.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Patriots RB Pierre Strong (hamstring) is questionable for Week 9 against the Colt​

Patriots C David Andrews (concussion) will not play in Week 9.​

Damien Harris (illness) is questionable for Week 9 against the Colts.​

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Patriots RT Marcus Cannon (concussion) is out Week 9 against the Colts.​

Cannon has taken over the starting right tackle job over the last several weeks. Isaiah Wynn should return to the right tackle spot with Cannon out. With C David Andrews also out due to a concussion, the Patriots will have two backups starting against the Colts.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Patriots RT Marcus Cannon (concussion) is out Week 9 against the Colts.​

Cannon has taken over the starting right tackle job over the last several weeks. Isaiah Wynn should return to the right tackle spot with Cannon out. With C David Andrews also out due to a concussion, the Patriots will have two backups starting against the Colts.
Cannon is a backup tackle at this point of his career.
Let's hope Wynn can act like a starter?
We are weak at tackle depth apparently with our other tackles not seeing the light of day......

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Damien Harris (illness) is "unlikely to play" Week 9 against the Colts.​

Patriots placed RT Marcus Cannon (concussion) on injured reserve.​

The Patriots will now be without their starting right tackle for a minimum of four games after Cannon was placed on the injured reserve Saturday. Isaiah Wynn should return to right tackle with Cannon out. The team is in a tough spot with both their starting right tackle and center out for a game against the stout Indianapolis front.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this should help the doom and gloom crowd

Patriots 24, Colts 16: Indianapolis has been held under 17 points in three of its last four games. This offense is a mess, and the Patriots will take advantage. Jones doesn’t have to do too much — just avoid turnovers and take the easy plays. Punts will be OK in this one. Last week’s victory was ugly, and this one might have to be, too.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots need this win. Then they get two weeks off before facing the Jets at home.

Then the problems begin. They go to Minnesota and play the Vikings on three days rest on Thanksgiving. The Vikings are also playing a short week game but they're a much better team than anyone anticipated. The Vikings are 6-1 and play the Commanders this week, then travel to Buffalo, then go to Dallas before facing the Patriots on Thanksgiving night at 8:20 PM.

So the remainder of the season has the Colts this week. The BYE, then the Jets at Foxboro.

The Vikings start a grind that will be the true test of this team:

@Vikings
Bills
@Cardinals
@Raiders
Bengals
Dolphins
@Bills

Who knows what lies behind that curtain? Two wins before Thanksgiving and the Patriots start that final seven games horror show with a 6-4 record. All it would take is an upset or two and they could sneak in the back door of the playoffs and possibly cause some havoc. Problem is the same as lst year. They'll face the team with the best record and that will be the Bills or Chiefs.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Patriots declared RB Damien Harris, DT Christian Barmore, DT Sam Roberts, CB Shaun Wade, S Joshuah Bledsoe, RB Kevin Harris, WR DeVante Parker, and C David Andrews inactive for Week 9 against the Colts.​