• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys are botching the Romo situation.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if true, totally understandable. These are NFL elites, with massive egos (how could you not?) with millions still to earn. Tony prob figured he had a few years before some 4th round QB even began threatening his job. Probably a lot for Romo to swallow right now. I could def see him feeling left out or even betrayed a little by guys he's worked with for years who are now looking past him and at Dak.

I think with Romo though, it is a bit different. He was that developmental guy that loomed over the shoulder. He wont give any grief to the Boys. He did think he was going to be released before now so that has to weigh on him but I think his best chance at a ring is right behind Dak, not on another team. I would hope he feels that way too.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think with Romo though, it is a bit different. He was that developmental guy that loomed over the shoulder. He wont give any grief to the Boys. He did think he was going to be released before now so that has to weigh on him but I think his best chance at a ring is right behind Dak, not on another team. I would hope he feels that way too.

I def don't see Romo giving Dallas a hard time, but he's human. Dude has feelings like everyone else. This time last year he was working hard to come back as the starter - a year later look at his situation. Its probably especially difficult for him that Dak wasn't a 1st rounder. This wasn't supposed to happen.

I like that theory about Jerry wanting to keep Romo out of Houston. Makes sense.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas never produced another 100 yard rusher behind that OL that wasn't named Emmitt.......and he still put up yards in Arizona, led them in rushing as an old man. NOBODY breaks the rushing record and puts it out of reach in this league without HOF talent in themselves. I believe Emmitt would have been great no matter where he was drafted, because he wanted it that badly. People also conveniently forget how bad that OL was before Emmitt........nobody knew who any of those castoffs and backups were until he started getting 1000 yard seasons.
I didn't forget. I clearly remember before last year Dallas hadn't been relevant in two decades. Regardless of QB, RB, OL or WRs.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I'll say about Romo which is unfortunate, he had an absolute dogshit o line for about 3-4 seasons of his prime. The reason the Cowboys line is so good now is because it was so horrific during that stretch they said we can never let this happen again. Had this line been in place when Romo was 31-35 maybe he has a championship. Instead, he is where he is.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The disservice comes from limiting the number of teams Tony had/has to end up on. As the draft approaches the QB hungry teams are forced to look at FAs, trades or drafting a QB. As they start snatching up any QBs Romo's selection dwindles. Seems more like Jerry doesn't want Romo playing in Houston.
I agree there remains a Jerry factor but I think Jerry would sign off on Romo to Houston if Houston ponied up a draft pick. No reason to cut Romo today. I also think Jerry loves him some Romo and it's no disservice to not trade him to a Cleveland, Jets type of team. Romo won't be in Dallas come September, that much I'm fairly sure of....BUT there remains a Jerry factor, thus fairly sure has to be stated

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't forget. I clearly remember before last year Dallas hadn't been relevant in two decades. Regardless of QB, RB, OL or WRs.
If relevant means a championship game appearance then you're right. 2016, 2014, 2009, 2007 means nothing by your account, which doesn't hold well for Philly

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of the Jerry Factor.....

Let's not forget, as long as this drags on, the longer the Cowboys and Romo (and Jerry Jones by proxy) are the top topic in the NFL.

And there is not a bigger attention whore owner in all of sports than Jerry Jones.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of the Jerry Factor.....

Let's not forget, as long as this drags on, the longer the Cowboys and Romo (and Jerry Jones by proxy) are the top topic in the NFL.

And there is not a bigger attention whore owner in all of sports than Jerry Jones.

Well another Dallas owner might give him a run for his money in Mark Cuban. I mean one of the few owners that will go on the court and actually chew out officials in front of the crowd. Can't shut up about politics, his team, his amazing ability to make money, and so on.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how most Dallas fans are glad Dallas didn't pay large sums of money for marginable players at best.
Yet...the non Dallas fans forecast doom.

I agree with Dallas not trying to spend beyond their ability. That has gotten them to this point of cap issues so showing a bit of restrain can now help set up future seasons. There is a difference between being smart and not spending big on marginal players and that of whether the team is better or worse from last year.

I still think they will be a playoff team. I just don't know if they will be a #1 overall seed 12-4 type team again. Definitely some pieces on defense that need to be filled and that will mean most likely rookies having to start day 1. Now maybe they get lucky again and draft day 1 starters that contribute at a high level but there is no guarantee that is the case. So there will be some ups and downs with that unit. For the long-term this is the smart decision but it could hurt them some in the short term.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His athleticism is outta site.

Because I wouldn't watch college ball if my life depended on it I have never seen him play.

But I do know he was a top 4 pick before his knee blew.

If he plays at a high level last year's draft trifecta may be the best Dallas draft ever.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope that's not true. Sometimes these thing start as rumors and then take on a life of their own. Romo seems a little too classy to act so petty. I did read something the other day where he and Garrett haven't spoken in a long time

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree there remains a Jerry factor but I think Jerry would sign off on Romo to Houston if Houston ponied up a draft pick. No reason to cut Romo today. I also think Jerry loves him some Romo and it's no disservice to not trade him to a Cleveland, Jets type of team. Romo won't be in Dallas come September, that much I'm fairly sure of....BUT there remains a Jerry factor, thus fairly sure has to be stated
I think prior to the start of FA you were spot on. Now I'm not so sure. Jerry thought others felt the same about Tony as he does. Sorry that's just not the case. As Jerrah is painfully starting to realize. Combine that with being cap strapped and losing players to FA and retirement, Jerrah might just trade ole Tony to the highest bidder? Whether it be Houston or Cleveland or...

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I def don't see Romo giving Dallas a hard time, but he's human. Dude has feelings like everyone else. This time last year he was working hard to come back as the starter - a year later look at his situation. Its probably especially difficult for him that Dak wasn't a 1st rounder. This wasn't supposed to happen.

I like that theory about Jerry wanting to keep Romo out of Houston. Makes sense.

Why would Jerry care? Houston is no competition for Dallas in terms of marketing and fan base (I don't see Cowboy fans converting because of Romo playing there for a year) and they don't play each other.

What possible threat is it to Jerry to have his aging backup QB go to Houston?

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would Jerry care? Houston is no competition for Dallas in terms of marketing and fan base (I don't see Cowboy fans converting because of Romo playing there for a year) and they don't play each other.

What possible threat is it to Jerry to have his aging backup QB go to Houston?

Might have something to do with the first real game the houston texans ever played:noidea: