• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys are botching the Romo situation.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said earlier. I actually think it is genius what the Cowboys are doing with Romo. Trying to make a trade market that hasn't been there by forcing some teams wanting Romo to sweat it out a bit. My issue is when you tell Romo he is going to be released and watch him give a heartfelt goodbye to Cowboys fans then change your mind is pretty low. Also don't go to the media and say you have a "do right" rule in place with Romo acting like you care then just use that as toilet paper when actual decisions have to be made.

Also just released today is that Jerry informed all 31 GM's that teams can bring Romo in for check ups and even a work out to see if they want to trade for him.

At what point did Jerry tell Romo he was going to be released? Do you have anything to back up this claim? Let's forget about the media noise for a moment, because we all know they will float bull shit for page clicks. Fooled me on March 9th, too, if you remember. Nothing concrete has been said on record by any side, one way or the other. Romo's supposed "farewell" video never once said good bye, he only said that times were changing and that he had a lot to think about - that could mean a lot of things, not necessarily that he was being released at the time.

The "do-right" rule or whatever the fuck Jerry was talking about has not been broken yet - I guarantee any suitor for Romo will be just as willing to take him June 2nd as they would have been on March 9. Tony has not been shipped off to the Browns or some other form of football purgatory. The mental leaps people are making on nothing but media speculation is funny. No one outside of Romo and the Cowboys front office knows what the real plan is.

Before free agency even started and the phony leaks about Romo being released were reported, Jerry had a very telling quote, saying that "Tony and I have a high tolerance for ambiguity."

Last edited:

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why wouldn't he have already done so?

I think Tony Romo wants to play QB in the NFL badly and that the last thing he wants is for people to remember him as an injured QB that lost his job to a rookie and then retired.:2cents:
Tony may want to play but his body is telling him it's over. He is good enough to qualify for the PGA and he may want to pursue that.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I "think" this is where the rubber meets the road. Let's see who reaches out to him.
Teams are wary of his back issues and may want to tread carefully before offering him a contract.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony may want to play but his body is telling him it's over. He is good enough to qualify for the PGA and he may want to pursue that.

If Romo's back is that bad, he may not last on the tour. TV or maybe a FO job with the Cowboys could be in his future.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he is not. Not even close. Why do people say this? Romo is further away from making the PGA tour than he is beating out Aaron Rodgers for a starting job in Green Bay this year.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he is not. Not even close. Why do people say this? Romo is further away from making the PGA tour than he is beating out Aaron Rodgers for a starting job in Green Bay this year.
Tiger Woods mentioned a few years ago that Romo has the ability to play in the PGA. I guess he must know more than you or I about that.

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony Romo has problems with putting. Tee to green, he's good....
But pros putt for dough.

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry's made some head scratching moves but he wants to win just as bad as Cowboys fan.
If Jerry Jones wants to win as an owner, then why didn't he fire Jerry Jones the GM ,after Jerry, fired a head coach who had just won TWO consecutive Super Bowls?

If Jerry cares so much about his fans, he shouldn't have been GM the last 20 years.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Jerry Jones wants to win as an owner, then why didn't he fire Jerry Jones the GM ,after Jerry, fired a head coach who had just won TWO consecutive Super Bowls?

If Jerry cares so much about his fans, he shouldn't have been GM the last 20 years.
FYI Jimmy wasnt fired, he resigned. Both are at fault for the breakup. I'd think a Dallas fan would know this.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

People say that because it's been widely reported that Romo is a scratch golfer.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People say that because it's been widely reported that Romo is a scratch golfer.
So is my friend. The difference between a scratch golfer and a guy on the PGA tour, playing PGA conditions is quite a difference. He was 19 over for 3 days in a tournament he played with his Father who by the way beat him in round 3.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is my friend. The difference between a scratch golfer and a guy on the PGA tour, playing PGA conditions is quite a difference. He was 19 over for 3 days in a tournament he played with his Father who by the way beat him in round 3.

I'm not saying they are right or wrong, I hardly know anything about Golf. But you asked the question, and I answered. :suds:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I know why they say it. I'm also guessing it's mostly eitehr non-golfers or poor golfers.
I'm more and more coming around to the small but growing noise quotient that he's going to retire.
Looks like you nailed it:suds:

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I know why they say it. I'm also guessing it's mostly eitehr non-golfers or poor golfers.

Looks like you nailed it:suds:

You know, there was one more thing about that golf outing I never even gave a thought about until this morning... and I believe to my core it played into his decision. His playing partner... his dad. Guy is 78. It's pretty well known that Romo and his dad are extremely tight. He HAD to enjoy getting to spend time with his dad on the golf course this past weekend... and he has to know those outings are going to become memories pretty soon. I really do think that was a part of his decision.

We both know that wasn't what he had planned. We also both know some of our best plans in life get blown up as soon as we get out of bed. I wish the guy well.