• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys are botching the Romo situation.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would Jerry care? Houston is no competition for Dallas in terms of marketing and fan base (I don't see Cowboy fans converting because of Romo playing there for a year) and they don't play each other.

What possible threat is it to Jerry to have his aging backup QB go to Houston?
Losing even a little bit of the lime light. There is no bigger attention whore.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more and more coming around to the small but growing noise quotient that he's going to retire.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more and more coming around to the small but growing noise quotient that he's going to retire.
Then why wouldn't he have already done so?

I think Tony Romo wants to play QB in the NFL badly and that the last thing he wants is for people to remember him as an injured QB that lost his job to a rookie and then retired.:2cents:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Tony Romo wants to play QB in the NFL badly and that the last thing he wants is for people to remember him as an injured QB that lost his job to a rookie and then retired.:2cents:

I agree Romo still wants to play so I suspect Dallas will cut him before TC starts. I just don't see a team giving up a high middle round pick knowing Dallas is looking to move on from him.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Romo still wants to play so I suspect Dallas will cut him before TC starts. I just don't see a team giving up a high middle round pick knowing Dallas is looking to move on from him.
Ultimately you may prove right, but it isn't just about betting on Dallas cutting him. It's also about beating the other teams making the same bet to the punch.

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let him go Dallas.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ultimately you may prove right, but it isn't just about betting on Dallas cutting him. It's also about beating the other teams making the same bet to the punch.

I guess it'll be a wait and see after the draft if Houston and Denver ramp up the talks again.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just throwing thoughts out there... as you guys say - opinions vary.
  1. I "think" he is genuinely torn about this decision. I agree with you that he wants to play again and wants to passionately. No QB wants to go out "that way". Aikman sure didn't.
  2. I also have no doubt that his wife is in his ear. Any good wife would be. He went through a period after his surgeries where he couldn't even pick up his kids. You and I know his wife will remind him of that. (Mine would - especially with money in the bank. Women are just that way...)
  3. With all that, the TV job offers (if true... and where there's smoke) and the appeal of a different line of work has to be tempting (personally - I think he would be great at it)
  4. And last but definitely not to be diminished... Golf. He said after all the surgeries that his golf playing days were probably done until after his career was. We all know where he was this past weekend.
You know the old saying - if you're thinking about retirement then you've already retired. I'm sure there are some behind-the-scenes conversations between him and Jerry - I'd actually be more shocked if there weren't. I'm not 100% certain or even 50% certain that's what he's going to do. Like I said - I'm just starting to lean in that direction. Depends on what tea leaves are on the table.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just throwing thoughts out there... as you guys say - opinions vary.
  1. I "think" he is genuinely torn about this decision. I agree with you that he wants to play again and wants to passionately. No QB wants to go out "that way". Aikman sure didn't.
  2. I also have no doubt that his wife is in his ear. Any good wife would be. He went through a period after his surgeries where he couldn't even pick up his kids. You and I know his wife will remind him of that. (Mine would - especially with money in the bank. Women are just that way...)
  3. With all that, the TV job offers (if true... and where there's smoke) and the appeal of a different line of work has to be tempting (personally - I think he would be great at it)
  4. And last but definitely not to be diminished... Golf. He said after all the surgeries that his golf playing days were probably done until after his career was. We all know where he was this past weekend.
You know the old saying - if you're thinking about retirement then you've already retired. I'm sure there are some behind-the-scenes conversations between him and Jerry - I'd actually be more shocked if there weren't. I'm not 100% certain or even 50% certain that's what he's going to do. Like I said - I'm just starting to lean in that direction. Depends on what tea leaves are on the table.
OK, I admit it...you made some good points.:thumb:
But I'm still thinking he wants to play more than anything at this point. There is plenty of time for golf and listening to his wife complain in the future...

Sir Robin Of Camelot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, I admit it...you made some good points.:thumb:
But I'm still thinking he wants to play more than anything at this point. There is plenty of time for golf and listening to his wife complain in the future...

Amen.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sort of understand what the Cowboys are doing...they're hanging on just in case one of the other teams balks and trades them anything for Romo. I'd imagine once the draft comes and goes that he will be released.

They're doing a disservice to Romo though. It's well within their rights since he's under contract, but they're just costing him time to learn the new team's playbook.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sort of understand what the Cowboys are doing...they're hanging on just in case one of the other teams balks and trades them anything for Romo. I'd imagine once the draft comes and goes that he will be released.

They're doing a disservice to Romo though. It's well within their rights since he's under contract, but they're just costing him time to learn the new team's playbook.

As I said earlier. I actually think it is genius what the Cowboys are doing with Romo. Trying to make a trade market that hasn't been there by forcing some teams wanting Romo to sweat it out a bit. My issue is when you tell Romo he is going to be released and watch him give a heartfelt goodbye to Cowboys fans then change your mind is pretty low. Also don't go to the media and say you have a "do right" rule in place with Romo acting like you care then just use that as toilet paper when actual decisions have to be made.

Also just released today is that Jerry informed all 31 GM's that teams can bring Romo in for check ups and even a work out to see if they want to trade for him.

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry Jones is an idiot, when it comes to football decisions.....and he always has been.
Jerry has no loyalty to anyone......especially DALLAS COWBOY fans.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry Jones is an idiot, when it comes to football decisions.....and he always has been.
Jerry has no loyalty to anyone......especially DALLAS COWBOY fans.

Jerry's made some head scratching moves but he wants to win just as bad as Cowboys fan.