• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys are botching the Romo situation.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, there was one more thing about that golf outing I never even gave a thought about until this morning... and I believe to my core it played into his decision. His playing partner... his dad. Guy is 78. It's pretty well known that Romo and his dad are extremely tight. He HAD to enjoy getting to spend time with his dad on the golf course this past weekend... and he has to know those outings are going to become memories pretty soon. I really do think that was a part of his decision.

We both know that wasn't what he had planned. We also both know some of our best plans in life get blown up as soon as we get out of bed. I wish the guy well.

What's all the money in the world worth, if you can't enjoy it with the people you love? Whether it be due to time constraints or inability...

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, there was one more thing about that golf outing I never even gave a thought about until this morning... and I believe to my core it played into his decision. His playing partner... his dad. Guy is 78. It's pretty well known that Romo and his dad are extremely tight. He HAD to enjoy getting to spend time with his dad on the golf course this past weekend... and he has to know those outings are going to become memories pretty soon. I really do think that was a part of his decision.

We both know that wasn't what he had planned. We also both know some of our best plans in life get blown up as soon as we get out of bed. I wish the guy well.
I hadn't considered the golf weekend playing into this decision, but the timing of it with a trusted source in his ear the whole time makes sense.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious what would have happened if the Cowboys immediately released him.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think if that was Tony's wish, it would have been granted. Read Jerry's actual quotes on the subject over the past month or so, not what the media has been spinning.

I rewatched Romo's "farewell" video yesterday, and I thought it was odd how he said "times are changing, and I have a lot to think about". If you notice, he never said good bye, as in he was leaving for another team. The video makes a lot more sense to me now, today.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if that was Tony's wish, it would have been granted. Read Jerry's actual quotes on the subject over the past month or so, not what the media has been spinning.

I rewatched Romo's "farewell" video yesterday, and I thought it was odd how he said "times are changing, and I have a lot to think about". If you notice, he never said good bye, as in he was leaving for another team. The video makes a lot more sense to me now, today.

I don't think so at all.

Why would Jerry be shopping him around as trade bait for the last month if he was going to retire the whole time? That doesn't make sense at all. There's a better chance that over the last few weeks Romo's had time to clear his head and contemplate whether he really wants to play or not. Given extra opportunities outside of football that he had not considered before, the thought of retiring healthy became more attractive.

It's impossible to say for certain what Romo was thinking unless you're Romo yourself tho.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so at all.

Why would Jerry be shopping him around as trade bait for the last month if he was going to retire the whole time? That doesn't make sense at all. There's a better chance that over the last few weeks Romo's had time to clear his head and contemplate whether he really wants to play or not. Given extra opportunities outside of football that he had not considered before, the thought of retiring healthy became more attractive.

It's impossible to say for certain what Romo was thinking unless you're Romo yourself tho.

No one will know how this all went down for sometime. Maybe Tony will reveal it in a book one day? I'm done speculating on it. :suds:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At what point did Jerry tell Romo he was going to be released? Do you have anything to back up this claim? Let's forget about the media noise for a moment, because we all know they will float bull shit for page clicks. Fooled me on March 9th, too, if you remember. Nothing concrete has been said on record by any side, one way or the other. Romo's supposed "farewell" video never once said good bye, he only said that times were changing and that he had a lot to think about - that could mean a lot of things, not necessarily that he was being released at the time.

The "do-right" rule or whatever the fuck Jerry was talking about has not been broken yet - I guarantee any suitor for Romo will be just as willing to take him June 2nd as they would have been on March 9. Tony has not been shipped off to the Browns or some other form of football purgatory. The mental leaps people are making on nothing but media speculation is funny. No one outside of Romo and the Cowboys front office knows what the real plan is.

Before free agency even started and the phony leaks about Romo being released were reported, Jerry had a very telling quote, saying that "Tony and I have a high tolerance for ambiguity."

Well there are plenty of articles stating that people close to Romo said that Jerry called and said he was going to be released then changed their mind. Now maybe that changing of the mind had more to do with Romo saying he wasn't ready to be released because he was still deciding between playing and retiring. Who knows.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he'd have signed with Denver or Houston, his dad would have given him the same advice he gave him while playing golf and Romo would have retired.
This made it cleaner for all involved.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Jerry just tell all the GMs they could negotiate with him this week? I don't think retirement was decided long ago.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one will know how this all went down for sometime. Maybe Tony will reveal it in a book one day? I'm done speculating on it. :suds:

One little tidbit worth noting...

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So funny, all the people who were lambasting Jerry for the past month for being greedy and "not doing right by Romo", what say you now?

You guys on this board get way too caught up in what the Ian Rappoports and Adam Shefters of the world have to say. It's comical the way their tweets are taken as gospel around here.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So funny, all the people who were lambasting Jerry for the past month for being greedy and "not doing right by Romo", what say you now?

You guys on this board get way too caught up in what the Ian Rappoports and Adam Shefters of the world have to say. It's comical the way their tweets are taken as gospel around here.

You just wait until Rapaport finds the video tape of Dez at that Walmart.

You just wait.

<exits with tongue firmly planted in cheek...>

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just wait until Rapaport finds the video tape of Dez at that Walmart.

You just wait.

<exits with tongue firmly planted in cheek...>

Rappoport and Shefter, both ran basically that same hit piece during Bryant's contract negotiations. They both claimed to have saw the video, both claimed "it's very bad". I have no idea who was pulling the strings on that fuckery, but it was a calculated move for certain.