• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys are botching the Romo situation.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look what they did last year. That draft was great.

There were also picking top-5 each round compared to now bottom part of the draft. Very different mentality when trying to draft that late. Throw in depending on the draft to fix your issues is a very risky thought. Yes great draft last year but even the best drafting teams in the league know it is tough to project from year to year how a class will respond.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were also picking top-5 each round compared to now bottom part of the draft. Very different mentality when trying to draft that late. Throw in depending on the draft to fix your issues is a very risky thought. Yes great draft last year but even the best drafting teams in the league know it is tough to project from year to year how a class will respond.
The Cowboys have Jerry's son making draft decisions. He has been very good evaluating it.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys have Jerry's son making draft decisions. He has been very good evaluating it.

And plenty of teams have said they have good people evaluating for talent. Doesn't mean that will always be the case or that bad luck won't start setting in. Again relying on the draft to be what fixes your issues is asking for trouble. And again big difference between picking top-5 and picking bottom part of the round of how you have to evaluate talent.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And plenty of teams have said they have good people evaluating for talent. Doesn't mean that will always be the case or that bad luck won't start setting in. Again relying on the draft to be what fixes your issues is asking for trouble. And again big difference between picking top-5 and picking bottom part of the round of how you have to evaluate talent.
The Cowboys draft selections have improved since Jerry gave his son authority.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they don't. Why does everyone keep saying this? It's Garrett and McClay. All Jerry and Stephen do is argue over who in the room makes the most compelling case for their guy...

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they don't. Why does everyone keep saying this? It's Garrett and McClay. All Jerry and Stephen do is argue over who in the room makes the most compelling case for their guy...

You are correct Sir.
Stephen's role is to keep his Dad in check.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the first part for a few reasons. First off your needs and BPA need to align or you are pissing into the wind trying to make good picks and also because short term there is no guarantee these guys are ready to produce year one. Plus, there is just that luck factor. The best drafting teams need it the least and other teams need it a lot, but there is just no guarantee your guy will be a contributor. Even the best swing and miss.

But, I'm not that concerned about where they pick (28 as compared to top 5). Look at their entire draft last year. Smith and Tapper get incompletes due to injury, but they had great picks throughout. They may go into week 1 with two 2016 6th round picks starting.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you didn't like last year's draft?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct Sir.
Stephen's role is to keep his Dad in check.
Exactly. I fully concede his does it better than anyone has since Jimmy and that it is a VERY important role for this team, but he ain't out there picking talent

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garrett has made some mistakes in the management of games, but he's far and away the biggest reason Dallas is a contender. McClay may be the best scout in pro football..certainly 5

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garrett has made some mistakes in the management of games, but he's far and away the biggest reason Dallas is a contender. McClay may be the best scout in pro football..certainly 5
Its also the attitude he brought and the accountability he brought back. Players actually want to be here and they play with heart. The days of losing every close game and collapsing and choking at the end seem gone.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but when you compound that with no cap space, it just makes the exodus that much larger.

The cowboys were 1/2 way decent last year on defense mostly because their offense was so prolific. Losing all these guys in the offseason isn't helping them get better.

Who did they lose that was of vital importance or impact?

They lost a lot of dudes most of you couldn't pick out of a lineup to save your lives. Production can be replaced, especially from what they lost. There were only 3 guys I'd have liked to have kept - O'Leary, Church and Claiborne.......but I'm not losing sleep they're gone. I'd rather we didn't overspend to keep glue guys when we can replace them.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who did they lose that was of vital importance or impact?

They lost a lot of dudes most of you couldn't pick out of a lineup to save your lives. Production can be replaced, especially from what they lost. There were only 3 guys I'd have liked to have kept - O'Leary, Church and Claiborne.......but I'm not losing sleep they're gone. I'd rather we didn't overspend to keep glue guys when we can replace them.

They lost almost their entire starting secondary. I'd say that's fairly important. No matter how spare you think those guys were, in all likelihood they are better than any first year rookies are going to be.

You lost Crawford and McClain up front on your DL. Not huge impact guys, but steady contributors.

You lost Carr, Claiborn, Church, and Wilcox from your secondary. The 3 C's were all starters and Wilcox saw significant playing time.

That's a big exodus from the defensive side which was already considered the weakness of the defense (especially the secondary). As it currently stands, Jeff Heath is going to be one of your starting safeties.