• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys are botching the Romo situation.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree and this will be a huge yr for him...really needs to avoid the soph jinx for DAL to stay on this current path.
Good point and IMO the Boys have to go deeper into the playoffs this year, like the SB.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy...I hate that elite word when it comes to NFL QBs.

Defining it seems to be subjective at best, by my definition he needs probably 2 or 3 more yrs at the '16 level and you're not allowed many <200 yd passing games...maybe 1 a season.

I think if he has another year like LY I think you can definitely start looking at him as a top 10 QB...the big key will be keeping the TD to INT count and ratio in the range it was LY....the way that team is built, he probably makes the playoffs every year if he can do that.

In general I hate that word as well as NOBODY has the same definition for what it actually means.

But if he's putting up similar or better numbers his second year in the league I'm sold he'll likely be that going forward outside of injury.

What makes Dak who he is is that he's a fantastic decision maker. He doesn't take unnecessary chances.......he rarely makes mistakes, and he trusts his teammates. He's accurate with his passes and rarely misses, even on deep balls.

These are really non-physical attributes that many scouts miss.......what is really going to be telling is how he adapts to defensive coordinators now scheming against him. If he continues to play lights out, he's elite IMO. This is what great QBs do, they play at a high level after defenses have adjusted to their skill sets.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bell is a better RB. Best in the league. But my comment wasn't about down the stretch or one game. It was about all of last year.

That's because Bell missed the first three games. And if Elliot was the best all year why was he tailing Bell and DJ in DFS formats and even Murray at times?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is the Romo situation gets figured out in the next few weeks. You have Owners' meetings starting what next week so chance for guys to do some talking and for Jerry to figure out that these teams are serious about not trading for him and of course then middle of April is the beginning of some conditioning practices. You wouldn't want to risk Romo pulling a hamstring or something then owing him the entire contract. So sometime between those 2 events we should see the Romo situation resolved.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree and this will be a huge yr for him...really needs to avoid the soph jinx for DAL to stay on this current path.

Dak will get all the reps from here on out. He didn't start getting first team reps until Kellen went down. He still might have a sophomore slump but with his work ethic and actually getting those reps makes it less likely.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In general I hate that word as well as NOBODY has the same definition for what it actually means.

But if he's putting up similar or better numbers his second year in the league I'm sold he'll likely be that going forward outside of injury.

What makes Dak who he is is that he's a fantastic decision maker. He doesn't take unnecessary chances.......he rarely makes mistakes, and he trusts his teammates. He's accurate with his passes and rarely misses, even on deep balls.

These are really non-physical attributes that many scouts miss.......what is really going to be telling is how he adapts to defensive coordinators now scheming against him. If he continues to play lights out, he's elite IMO. This is what great QBs do, they play at a high level after defenses have adjusted to their skill sets.

The NFL is not as easy as Dak made it look at times LY...DCs will certainly know his tendencies and routes he likes to throw better this yr in certain down and distance situations.

IMO, the 2nd yr is always a little iffy for a 2nd yr starting QB...what makes DAL different, you still have to respect the powerful ground game so it will be up to Garrett to add some new wrinkles and not just dwell on what Dak does well.

I was most impressed with how he handled adversity in games. He's dealing with some pretty strong personalities with Dez in particular, but he doesn't seem to cater to him...those are traits you can't teach. Whether he becomes elite or not I wouldn't be overly concerned with...he has the look of a winner. If he continues to do that, the rest will take care of itself. RW in SEA and Ryan in ATL are not really elite imo, but they could QB my team...no problem. Dak is quickly moving into that arena as well.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL is not as easy as Dak made it look at times LY...DCs will certainly know his tendencies and routes he likes to throw better this yr in certain down and distance situations.

IMO, the 2nd yr is always a little iffy for a 2nd yr starting QB...what makes DAL different, you still have to respect the powerful ground game so it will be up to Garrett to add some new wrinkles and not just dwell on what Dak does well.

I was most impressed with how he handled adversity in games. He's dealing with some pretty strong personalities with Dez in particular, but he doesn't seem to cater to him...those are traits you can't teach. Whether he becomes elite or not I wouldn't be overly concerned with...he has the look of a winner. If he continues to do that, the rest will take care of itself. RW in SEA and Ryan in ATL are not really elite imo, but they could QB my team...no problem. Dak is quickly moving into that arena as well.

I think Dez is misunderstood. He's actually a decent team guy.

And he caught that fucking ball.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Dez is misunderstood. He's actually a decent team guy.

And he caught that fucking ball.
LOL! Yeah he did!

I think the fact they were winning and he was still the #2 targeted player made it a little easier for him to behave LY.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point what does it hurt for them to hold on to him and see if anyone gets desperate? If nothing else they release him post 6/1, just in time to free up cap space for the Martin extension.

It hurts them in cap space. That money is tied up until they do something with him and they had the least cap space in the league to begin with. Part of the reason why there's been such an exodus from the club so far.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL! Yeah he did!

I think the fact they were winning and he was still the #2 targeted player made it a little easier for him to behave LY.

No, I really think he's misunderstood. When he's all animated and shit he isn't tearing teammates new assholes, he's trying to fire them up.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I really think he's misunderstood. When he's all animated and shit he isn't tearing teammates new assholes, he's trying to fire them up.

I'll give you that...I'm not saying he's a nutcase...lol

At the same time, I've seen him in Romo's face, and Garrett's face when things weren't going well and he wasn't getting the touches...I just think it's easier to keep your cool when you're winning.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give you that...I'm not saying he's a nutcase...lol

At the same time, I've seen him in Romo's face, and Garrett's face when things weren't going well and he wasn't getting the touches...I just think it's easier to keep your cool when you're winning.

Again, I'm not that certain he's tearing them a new one.

Just making suggestions......

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It hurts them in cap space. That money is tied up until they do something with him and they had the least cap space in the league to begin with. Part of the reason why there's been such an exodus from the club so far.
Every NFL club can expect an exodus because of players getting an inflated contract in free agency.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every NFL club can expect an exodus because of players getting an inflated contract in free agency.

Yes, but when you compound that with no cap space, it just makes the exodus that much larger.

The cowboys were 1/2 way decent last year on defense mostly because their offense was so prolific. Losing all these guys in the offseason isn't helping them get better.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but when you compound that with no cap space, it just makes the exodus that much larger.

The cowboys were 1/2 way decent last year on defense mostly because their offense was so prolific. Losing all these guys in the offseason isn't helping them get better.
The Cowboys will improve the defense via the draft.