• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Free Agency and Free Agents Signings

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then don't expect the Patriots to sign anyone. And don't piss and moan if they don't because they don't want to pay. I put this in another thread:

Chris Godwin earns $20 million annually. D.K. Metcalf earns $24 million a year. Mike Evans’ peer from the 2014 draft, Davante Adams, earns $28 million per year from the Raiders. Tyreek Hill breaks the receiver bank at $30 million.

You thin k that the Patriots can sign Mike Evans for less than Tyreek Hill? Justin Jefferson has already told the world that he'll be looking for at least $30M a year when he hit free agency. How many teams do you think will step forward? If Evans wants $30M, the Ridley has to be looking for at least $20M.

I've read four or five different cap numbers for the Patriots ranging from $74M to $84M. I don't think it matters. If they try to get cheap, this team will be in serious trouble. They have to hit free agency hard and then hit the draft with solid picks. Screw around and they screw themselves.
says the guy who pisses and moans about everything they do :suds:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything else of value?
Sure, I'll add:
You don't seem to be a good negotiater.
You typically throw a ton of money to start and give yourself no room, or
You low ball players and talk about vet minimum.....
There are better ways to negotiate!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Onwenu at 23+ million......
You think he'll get less???

These guys rarely if ever take less than the franchise number. I'm telling you, with the extra $30M cap, the prices will be nauseating .......until next year when cap moves from $255M to $295M. Getting to the point where the guys in the middle will start talking amongst themselves and won't settle for under $10M a year. I'll predict that Owenu will sign with the Patriots or someone else for $23M+. Unless the Patriots franchise himat $22.4M. My guess? The Jets will offer him 4years/$100M.

They're predicting the Derrick Henry will be signing for $4.5M but Saquan Barkley will be in the $8.8M Range.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the Boston Herald, Kyle Dugger has been offered a contract by the Patriots

IF you're interested, the Boston Herald is offering a one year subscription for $6. Sports is very good, Howie Carr is a riot.

This is a very long Sunday Column. It's worth the read.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaguars are hoping that Onwenu will test the market and not re-sign with the Patriots. They want him to play LT and are expected to drive up his price next week.

Jaguars are trying as hard as possible to re-sign Calvin Ridley. QB Trevor Lawrence has indicated that he will not sign an extension if the Jags let Ridley get away.

Like the Patriots, teams are starting to waive players so that they can test the free agent market.

Seahawks are trying to deal Metcalf. Rumor as teams left Indianapolis last night............................

Seattle will get #3 and Mac Jones

Patriots get #16, #78 (3rd round) and Metcalf

No thank you.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaguars are hoping that Onwenu will test the market and not re-sign with the Patriots. They want him to play LT and are expected to drive up his price next week.

Jaguars are trying as hard as possible to re-sign Calvin Ridley. QB Trevor Lawrence has indicated that he will not sign an extension if the Jags let Ridley get away.

Like the Patriots, teams are starting to waive players so that they can test the free agent market.

Seahawks are trying to deal Metcalf. Rumor as teams left Indianapolis last night............................

No thank you.
Really?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No thank you.
No thanks, great talent but a hot head can't control his emotions.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No thank you.
So if Owenu leave that ups the need for two OTs. I assume one through FA and one or two in the draft. If we end up having to draft two OTs trading out of three vs grabbing a QB makes more sense to me.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if Owenu leave that ups the need for two OTs. I assume one through FA and one or two in the draft. If we end up having to draft two OTs trading out of three vs grabbing a QB makes more sense to me.
Sadly, the Patriots have been counting on being able to re-sign Onwenu at a reasonable long term deal. Now that he's decided to test the market, they just might have to franchise his ass for the next two years. That's the threat they have and can hold over his head until tomorrow afternoon. Big problem has always been reaching down into their BVD's and finding the balls to do it. BB hated paying franchise salaries because they were always much higher than his value of the player. Groh, Wolfe and Mayo have to make a move today and talk to him. If he isn't listening tell him the news and let the chips fall where they may. Do not think that he'll come back every time somebody else ups the ante. Just don't lowball him. Offer him 4 years at $23.5M ($94M) and guarantee $60M. Give him the guarantee up front.

Haven't heard a whisper from Dugger. He has an offer in hand and is probably waiting to hear if anything is happening with Onwenu. If Onwenu signs, he could be the franchisee.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to clarify what's actually going to happen.....Critical NFL Dates

March​

March 5 – Deadline for clubs to designate franchise or transition players.
March 11-13 – Clubs are permitted to contact, and enter into contract negotiations with, the certified agents of players who will become Unrestricted Free Agents upon the expiration of their 2023 player contracts at 1 p.m. PT on March 13.
March 13 (prior to 1 p.m. PT) – All clubs must be under the 2024 salary cap.
March 13 – The 2024 league year and free agency period begin at 1:00 p.m. PT. All 2023 player contracts expire at this time, and the trading
period for 2024 begins. Clubs can also begin signing free agents.
March 24-27 – Annual League Meeting (Orlando, Florida)

April​

April 1 – Clubs that hired a new head coach may begin offseason workout programs.
April 15 – Clubs with returning head coaches may begin offseason workout programs.
April 19 – Deadline for restricted free agents to sign offer sheets.
April 25-27 – NFL Draft (Detroit, Michigan)

May​

May 2 – Deadline for clubs to exercise fifth-year option for players selected in the first round of the 2021 Draft.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Mike Evans is off the market.

The Bucs signed him to a two-year contract that will pay $52 million with about $35 million guaranteed.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3