• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 2023 Lions regular season game thread

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win’s a win. Wasn’t able to watch the game, but I like the way it ended.
It was mostly good. Oline has flipped from strength to weakness. That is temporary. Health has to improve at some point.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win’s a win. Wasn’t able to watch the game, but I like the way it ended.

It wasn't as close as the score. Either the Falcons offense sucks or Lions D is a lot better than I thought... maybe some of both.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't as close as the score. Either the Falcons offense sucks or Lions D is a lot better than I thought... maybe some of both.
Falcons have been driven by running and Ridder not fucking it up. Lions shut down the run. Have to give them credit on that. Without the ground game they vanished.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Falcons have been driven by running and Ridder not fucking it up. Lions shut down the run. Have to give them credit on that. Without the ground game they vanished.

Yea good luck to the Falcons with Ridder. He's just a rookie but it looked to me like he not much of runner, has little pocket presence and he doesn't throw very well.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the box score shows the Lions with 7 sacks and a fumble recovery while Atlanta got zero sacks and an interception. Perhaps the Lions’ D gelled and the O-line was just good enough?

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really missed Monty on those six plays inside the ten.
Hulu finally woke up and Knight looked good with the few chances he got. If the O-line gets healthy we will be OK.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacobs has me wishing Will Harris was out there.
He is still a penalty machine when he is not getting flat out beat. Although he was actually better today than the first 2 weeks. Not by much though.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was mostly good. Oline has flipped from strength to weakness. That is temporary. Health has to improve at some point.
Too bad. Skipper actually looked decent. Sorsdal did not. Sewell has to go back to RT though. Connor Galvin probably gets a shot next week.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injury for Lions

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense finally showed up even without all star safeties. Melafonu finally looked decent. Barnes is getting better every game at LB too so that helps a lot. Less zone and more blitz was working.

Offense struggled with O-line injuries. No sign of Green either. Need him to stretch the field with Jammo out. Really want him more involved to keep defenses honest. Laporta is turning into a beast.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LaPorta is everything we wished Hockenson would be. He blocks well and is a weapon

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Craig Reynolds. Pretty sure they gave him that nickname because he should be home on the couch on Sundays.
That is where he was when we brought him in for a tryout. Originally he was called Netflix. I forgot why they changed it.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the box score shows the Lions with 7 sacks and a fumble recovery while Atlanta got zero sacks and an interception. Perhaps the Lions’ D gelled and the O-line was just good enough?
Lions kept Barnes and Branch on the field more and got Buggs back. Having 3 fat guys rotate in the middle usually means a better run defense. It also allowed Both Hutch and Commisky to play DE instead of having to take reps inside. They were only inside on a couple of 3rd and a mile.

Now if we could only replace Jacobs. I think Mosely is back in a couple weeks. TBH at this point I would have moved CJ GJ there already if he didnt get hurt.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions kept Barnes and Branch on the field more and got Buggs back. Having 3 fat guys rotate in the middle usually means a better run defense. It also allowed Both Hutch and Commisky to play DE instead of having to take reps inside. They were only inside on a couple of 3rd and a mile.

Now if we could only replace Jacobs. I think Mosely is back in a couple weeks. TBH at this point I would have moved CJ GJ there already if he didnt get hurt.
Lions run D has been pretty dominant every week. Seahawks and Flacons both way underperformed their season averages. Chiefs could not stop throwing to bad wr because they could not run.

Dutchis59

Senior Advisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense finally showed up even without all star safeties. Melafonu finally looked decent. Barnes is getting better every game at LB too so that helps a lot. Less zone and more blitz was working.

Offense struggled with O-line injuries. No sign of Green either. Need him to stretch the field with Jammo out. Really want him more involved to keep defenses honest. Laporta is turning into a beast.

Exactly the type of TE I didnt want. Cant block worth a lick. We might as well have kept Hock

And I don't think he is a good receiver either. Waste of a pick. We now have two James Mitchell's.
The difference between draft day and now.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference between draft day and now.
Laporta has improved his blocking 10 fold. He is also playing bigger instead of faster. Didnt think he had it in him but I am glad to be wrong here.