• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 2023 Lions regular season game thread

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody needs to make a play here. Not many playmaker on defense though. Haven't heard a peep from Harris this season, and Houston I don't think has even been mentioned today. Need something from somebody
They moved Houston to OLB. He was getting beat in coverage easily. He should be pass rushing DE only. Put Barnes in. Harris looks slower than what he used to be. Let Romeo play early and Houston on pass downs

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions defense is absolute shit. Once Montgomery went down so was the offense.

They got me though, I have not been disappointed that they suck in years. Joke is on me.

Reactions: Rob

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading through this thread, I'm shocked that no one went off on the play-calling on our last possession. So I will.

The Lions deserved to lose. They sat on the ball and played for a tie instead of playing to win. F-ing horrible. What was that? They got what they deserved in OT.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Craig Reynolds was very unimpressive.
Yep.

He’s a special teams guy that gets to be third on an NFL depth chart at RB. And it contributed to the loss.

They ran overly cautious plays at the end of regulation. Because they had nobody who could protect Goff in pass pro.

If Monty is out for any length of time, the offense is screwed.

There is no depth for any unit on this team. But RB is thinner than any other team I’m aware of.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions lost to them last year which kept them out of the playoffs. I'm sure Dan Campbell will remind them of this. They have a score to settle.

I feel good about this game. Ford Field will be loud as hell.

I ain't saying shit the rest of the year.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

He’s a special teams guy that gets to be third on an NFL depth chart at RB. And it contributed to the loss.

They ran overly cautious plays at the end of regulation. Because they had nobody who could protect Goff in pass pro.

If Monty is out for any length of time, the offense is screwed.

There is no depth for any unit on this team. But RB is thinner than any other team I’m aware of.
I wanted to keep Snell. He outplayed Reynolds in pre-season and was even a decent back with the Steelers. The dude gets no respect. He is not flashy or a top back but he averages close to 4 yards a carry and is decent in pass pro. He runs inside well too.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ain't saying shit the rest of the year.
Dan Campbell's dumb 4th down calls finally cost as well. 4 and 3 at the 30 was a no brain FG. Even Patterson can make those. He kicks straight and is dependable inside 50 indoors. You dont go for 4th down plays in that area when you have to pass and when you are ahead and it is not late in the game. Also the one at the 50 was not necessary. I dont mind once in a while but he is coaching like the Lions are a bottom feeder team still. They are not. Granted with the way the defense played we might only be 500 again.

elguapo

I cannot think of anything clever to put here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
injuries are way up this year all around the league. i wonder if it has anything to do with noone playing in the preseason.
I dont remember the coach but it was a few years back when he talked about callouses as in the body getting used to the hits. There is something to be said when the data shows that injuries have gone up every year since they cut back on all the practices and preseason games with the redone CBA. The players are quick to scream about thursday night being the culprit to injuries but look at this weekend across the NFL. It is getting ridiculous the number of players per team on IR

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a difference between ramping up and just starting out at full speed. The player’s union is making the intuitive deduction that top athletes are in shape and ready with minimal organized activities. Some coaches (i.e., our own Coach Campbell) are buying into this narrative also. Owners are trading training time for additional play dates to increase revenues. It will be helpful to get data collected and analyzed to support or debunk this idea that pre-season has no impact on increasing player safety along with the impact that artificial turf has on the game. If nothing else, players (including camp signees) need to be given more guarantees in their contracts based on the elevated risk the game seems to be presenting, or the owners have to take a greater partnership in working with player’s health and well being. There’s plenty of money to go around for these modern day gladiatorial contests.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They moved Houston to OLB. He was getting beat in coverage easily. He should be pass rushing DE only. Put Barnes in. Harris looks slower than what he used to be. Let Romeo play early and Houston on pass downs

Agree. What they need to do is bench Harris and move Cominsky back to DE, where he was very effective last year. They have him rotating along the interior right now and it's wasting him.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. What they need to do is bench Harris and move Cominsky back to DE, where he was very effective last year. They have him rotating along the interior right now and it's wasting him.
Unfortunately we lost Houston as a pass rusher too because they tried to make a 4-3 OLB out of him and got his leg broken for it. He was not good in coverage. Why they tried to make something of him that he wasnt when he was already really good at something is beyond me. Should have cut Romeo and picked up a LB in FA. Although truth be told just put Barnes out there more.

Campbell and AB really screwed us this year.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buggs is back. Hopefully Martin gets in too. We need our DEs to actually play DE on passing downs now.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buggs is back. Hopefully Martin gets in too. We need our DEs to actually play DE on passing downs now.
5th most pressures in yhe NGL says we can get at the qb, out coveragebjust needs to be 1-2 seconds better

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5th most pressures in yhe NGL says we can get at the qb, out coveragebjust needs to be 1-2 seconds better
It would help if were not playing so much zone. QBs dont need time against a zone.