• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your team's pre-game video

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most teams have a video to get people amped up before the game. Caps do a new one each year.

Anyone have a link to share of your own teams? I'd love to see more of these and unless you've been to the game, it's hard to tell on YouTube which ones are real and which ones are fan made.

I always enjoy these and kind of pretty the "bad ass" approach b/c it pumps me up at the arena. The Capitals one this year is pretty good (last year was the worst one they've done). Here it is:

Last edited by a moderator:

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh...

I don't get it. It is a bad remake of a bad 80s song and some people making a collage. Just get some heavy music and show highlights.

The "beautiful people" one from 2000? was great and the playoff one with sick puppies was good.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh...

I don't get it. It is a bad remake of a bad 80s song and some people making a collage. Just get some heavy music and show highlights.

The "beautiful people" one from 2000? was great and the playoff one with sick puppies was good.

I guess the theme is building something. It's better than last year and the little kids. That one was their worst, so I guess anything is going to seem better.

I don't know that one - I like the rock club one from 4-5 years ago a lot. I care less about the song itself, but more the vibe. I actually think when the music is totally heavy, its not as good, but a good beat (which the new one has) and some melody actually make for a better video. I like a heavy song, but not a hardcore one.

Curious to see some others.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
havent gone to a home game yet this season but i think this is it for the canucks for this year (mattola can correct if its wrong)

i dont have sound so i dont know if they are still sticking with the previous years native indian inspired (skin?) flute song to start and then they roll into the beginning of U2's "where the streets have no name" as the players take the ice ... never seemed very inspiring imo

new marketing campaign for the canucks this year is "heart of a canuck" ... bobby lous radio spot talks about his childhood and how hard his dad works and how he has learned that work ethic from him ... then he says he's told his dad that he can quit his job and can be taken care of but his dad wont ... his dad delivers furniture

each player has a trait they key on Sedin - humility, Malhotra - courage etc etc

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks, jstew. Looks like they went the classical music route. It starts slow, but from 1:30 to 3:00, it's REALLY well done. Then they do go into "...Streets..." at the end for the starting lineups and such.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, jstew. Looks like they went the classical music route. It starts slow, but from 1:30 to 3:00, it's REALLY well done. Then they do go into "...Streets..." at the end for the starting lineups and such.

I cant hear ... are they still doing the flute song?

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant hear ... are they still doing the flute song?

No sir. I didn't hear a flute song. There was a bunch of storm sounds at the beginning and then a symphony comes in while the highlights play. Pretty dramatic. The timing of the music with the puck in the air over Luongo was pretty awesome. The vid gave me some goosebumps.. and that's not even my team!

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
havent gone to a home game yet this season but i think this is it for the canucks for this year (mattola can correct if its wrong)

i dont have sound so i dont know if they are still sticking with the previous years native indian inspired (skin?) flute song to start and then they roll into the beginning of U2's "where the streets have no name" as the players take the ice ... never seemed very inspiring imo

new marketing campaign for the canucks this year is "heart of a canuck" ... bobby lous radio spot talks about his childhood and how hard his dad works and how he has learned that work ethic from him ... then he says he's told his dad that he can quit his job and can be taken care of but his dad wont ... his dad delivers furniture

each player has a trait they key on Sedin - humility, Malhotra - courage etc etc

that is the opening this year. was for both games so far.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fighting! YES!!!!!1!!!111!!!111 I LUV IT!!!!

Yes, you do see a periodic table of elements, Flyer'd, at the end. You know, "Its all about the Chemistry" :L:L:L