• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your Playoff top 6?

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were a historically good independent opponent who happened to be bad this season. If we played Notre Dame last year then it would've still been considered a cream puff schedule because ND sucked. It's all about timing and that was poor timing for BYU.

Oh and we have ND in 2020 and 2021 so I'll wait to see if you call them cream puffs as well if we win those games.

Again, BYU normally good P5 independent team but had their worst year ever this season not our fault.
giphy.gif

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.) It did affect our ranking or else we would be #2 if BYU was a 3-4 loss team.
2.) Bama played FSU who is 2-5 and their best win is a TD win vs Texas A & M. Yet because they're Bama their schedule seems to be irrelevant and are still ranked #1 because they're Bama. That makes sense
3.) ND could still make it to the CFP for sure if they win out since 2 teams above them will lose.

Yes not having a conf championship does hurt but isn't the end of the world for ND since the PAC and BIG 12 are very bad. Hell, you can even argue ND deserves to go in over Clemson as well.
If we win out we conceivably will have beaten the PAC 12 champ (USC or Stanford USC has the easier path) or the ACC champ (both Miami and NC State have a shot). Hell Mich. St. could be Big 10 champs although I doubt they will. Would be really hard to argue against us there.

As far as comparing yourselves to Bama there's still the eye test. Outside of A&M, they've rolled their competition pretty convincingly. They still have Aiburn and UGA to go. They've at least played opponents who were ranked when they played them. Wisc. hasn't and likely won't until the title game. In those games they have started slow Utah St., or failed to put shitty teams away (Neb. and Ill.this weekend).

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we win out we conceivably will have beaten the PAC 12 champ (USC or Stanford USC has the easier path) or the ACC champ (both Miami and NC State have a shot). Hell Mich. St. could be Big 10 champs although I doubt they will. Would be really hard to argue against us there.

As far as comparing yourselves to Bama there's still the eye test. Outside of A&M, they've rolled their competition pretty convincingly. They still have Aiburn and UGA to go. They've at least played opponents who were ranked when they played them. Wisc. hasn't and likely won't until the title game. In those games they have started slow Utah St., or failed to put shitty teams away (Neb. and Ill.this weekend).

MSU will not be the BIG winner and Stanford won't be the PAC winner and no way will Miami be the ACC winner. Right now there records are good but they're not the top or best teams of their respective conferences.

Wisconsin is punished because their coach doesn't like to run the score up on teams. He'd rather run the clock out, take a knee or put in the backups too early. He took out the best player on the offense in Johnathan Taylor after the first Q and rested 2 starting players that weren't even injured for the Illinois game. That game should've easily been won by 30+. This is why the eye test fails if you don't know exactly what happened and why. Bama also didn't let a community college team score 23 points on their defense and they beat a 3 loss team by 1 score. Not that much more impressive outside of the curb stomping of a few scrubs. I do mention this a ton to Badgers fans but Paul Chryst needs to quit being conservative and just sitting on the lead and run up the score. In the end it won't matter if they go undefeated which is his excuse because he just cares about the win.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson is the defending champs and made the title game the year before. Until Clemson drops another, they'll get the benefit of the doubt from me. Plus I'd bet a decent amount of money on Clemson if they played Ohio State again.

Previous years have NOTHING to do with this season. That point is irrelevant and committee does not look at past seasons' success. They have the worst lost out of any top 10 team.

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry can't recognize any Pac teams this year. You've got 0 quality wins.
  1. Bama
  2. Georgia
  3. Miami
  4. Notre Dame
  5. Oklahoma
  6. Ohio State
Next four out

Clemson - bad loss to Syracuse
Wisconsin - played fucking nobody
Penn State - loss to Ohio state
Oklahoma State - loss to tcu

Lol leave out the entire Pac and include Miami.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol leave out the entire Pac and include Miami.
Well they're undefeated. They also tool care of fsu and Syracuse. Alabama gets props for that fsu win so why not Miami? Cuse beat Clemson so yeah.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They also have a better resume of wins.
They also have the best resume of wins.

So far, it most likely won't be like that at the end of the season. The ACC is weak. I wouldn't call the meat of your schedule beating Awburn and Va Tech like one of the best resumes but so far it is. Not saying Clemson can't get in but it has nothing to do with previous years.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia
Alabama
Wisconsin
Miami
ND
Oklahoma

Please note this is right now.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far, it most likely won't be like that at the end of the season. The ACC is weak. I wouldn't call the meat of your schedule beating Awburn and Va Tech like one of the best resumes but so far it is. Not saying Clemson can't get in but it has nothing to do with previous years.
That's pretty funny coming a BIG fan. It would be nice to see them actually beat somebody.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 - Alabama
2 - Georgia
3 - Notre Dame
4 - Ohio State

5 - Penn State
6 - Clemson

The rest of them can go play a nice game of 'who has the biggest dick' with each other because none of the following are gonna make the playoffs:
In no particular order...Miami, Wisconsin, Oklahoma, Washington, Virginia Tech, TCU, Oklahoma State, Iowa State

giphy.gif

vOptix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your D??? Bahahahahahahahahaha you jokester you
Yeah, we are only number 9 in the country total defense...terrible! Miami will destroy us!!!! lol, Miami will get exposed.

Giving up 3 yards per rush. Also, second in the country on punt returns.

We aren't great...but good enough to beat Miami? No doubt.

And yes. MY D.