• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your last place Texas Rangers return home to face the Yanks for 4 - May 17-20

BULLPEN FAILURE

Headed to a more competent location
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After getting swept in Houston, the Rangers have now lost 6 in a row and have been passed by the Angels and now sit in last place. Things do not get any easier as they start off the homestand facing Gerrit Cole opposing Jordan Lyles. Former Rangers legend Corey Kluber is scheduled to face the team on Wednesday.

SportsHoopla fan favorite Rougned Odor makes his triumphant return to Arlington as well.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our needs are becoming quite evident. Looked petty good for a while but as time goes on the outlook is not as bright as hoped. We need to bring in some offense either by trades or FA. May be a bit early for FA but at some point in time it can't be avoided. Pitching is what you see. Sometimes OK and then not so good. However, it may have looked better if our RISP record was not non-existent. IMO, hitting is first priority.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yankees are a good spot for a Gallo trade

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our needs are becoming quite evident. Looked petty good for a while but as time goes on the outlook is not as bright as hoped. We need to bring in some offense either by trades or FA. May be a bit early for FA but at some point in time it can't be avoided. Pitching is what you see. Sometimes OK and then not so good. However, it may have looked better if our RISP record was not non-existent. IMO, hitting is first priority.

I'm beating a dead horse here, but this is another reason I felt Rendon would have been a massive failure to bring on board. We need a big FA bat, absolutely. But that bat needs to have prime seasons coupled with existing players producing and prospects reaching the bigs. Rendon wasn't going to be that.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm beating a dead horse here, but this is another reason I felt Rendon would have been a massive failure to bring on board. We need a big FA bat, absolutely. But that bat needs to have prime seasons coupled with existing players producing and prospects reaching the bigs. Rendon wasn't going to be that.
We were not ready for him. Agreed.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year's wasted year of development made the overlap between the two even more difficult to achieve.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evan Grant has a job to do so I understand why he writes about this present group of hitters. In reality, it matters a lot more how guys like Huff, Jung, Foscue, Carter, Wendzel, Seise, Crim, Appstle and Thompson are progressing as hitters than most of our current hitters. Evan, can't very well acknowledge that and I completely understand. Between prospects coming up and longterm free agents being signed, our lineup is going to experience a lot of turnover over the next couple of years or so. That is why the current hitting problems don't concern me that much.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is another part of what we gave up for Lowe. He did start out extremely slow this year, but he seems to have turned that around.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evan Grant has a job to do so I understand why he writes about this present group of hitters. In reality, it matters a lot more how guys like Huff, Jung, Foscue, Carter, Wendzel, Seise, Crim, Appstle and Thompson are progressing as hitters than most of our current hitters. Evan, can't very well acknowledge that and I completely understand. Between prospects coming up and longterm free agents being signed, our lineup is going to experience a lot of turnover over the next couple of years or so. That is why the current hitting problems don't concern me that much.

It's still a little early in the season to be able to get any meaningful idea of how those guys are doing. But long-term, yes the idea is to be more concerned about those guys.

As far as the current hitting problems, you'd like to see a few guys stand out as keepers, in my opinion. One less position to have to turn over.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's still a little early in the season to be able to get any meaningful idea of how those guys are doing. But long-term, yes the idea is to be more concerned about those guys.

As far as the current hitting problems, you'd like to see a few guys stand out as keepers, in my opinion. One less position to have to turn over.
Exactly. If we find out we have 2 or 3 keepers that would be fantastic.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Partial to Garcia myself. And Calhoun.
Add Solak to those two for me. Not sure about Lowe yet.
Those names are why hitting is important to me. How are we to know who to keep if they can't hit?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add Solak to those two for me. Not sure about Lowe yet.
Those names are why hitting is important to me. How are we to know who to keep if they can't hit?
I think Lowe will be here for awhile simply due to what they traded away for him.