• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your 2017 ESPN Pre-season NFL Power Rankings a go-go

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i

1. New England Patriots

2016 record: 14-2
Post-draft ranking: No. 1
sw_ye_40.png

The defending champions may have only gotten better this offseason with the additions of Brandin Cooks, Stephon Gilmore and Kony Ealy. The team is poised to make Tom Brady the second 40-year-old quarterback to start a playoff game, joining Brett Favre in 2009.

i

2. Atlanta Falcons
2016 record: 11-5
Post-draft ranking: No. 2
sw_ye_40.png

ADVERTISEMENT
The Falcons' offense is still as potent as it was last season, and a defense that relied heavily on rookies and finished 27th in points allowed in 2016 could see big improvements. A return to the Super Bowl isn't out of the question, and ESPN's Football Power Index (FPI) trends that way as well, giving Atlanta the sixth-best odds of making the big game.

i

3. Seattle Seahawks
2016 record: 10-5-1
Post-draft ranking: No. 6
gn-arrow.png

Things are quiet in Seattle right now. Maybe a little too quiet? This could be bad news for the rest of the NFL, as a healthy "Legion of Boom" could stop a trend of three straight seasons for the Seahawks' defense allowing more points than the year before.

i

4. Pittsburgh Steelers
Post-draft ranking: No. 4
sw_ye_40.png

The Steelers aren't opposed to resting players during preseason, so who knows if we'll see Ben, Bell, Brown and Bryant on the field at the same time until Week 1. But those Killer B's have the Steelers with the second-best odds at making the Super Bowl in the AFC.

i

5. Green Bay Packers
2016 record: 10-6
Post-draft ranking: No. 3
rd-arrow.png

One of the biggest question marks at camp so far has been Mason Crosby's accuracy in the kicking game. On the surface that might sound like small potatoes, but keep in mind, Crosby's leg saved the Packers last postseason with multiple late 50-yard field goals.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i

1. New England Patriots

2016 record: 14-2
Post-draft ranking: No. 1
sw_ye_40.png

The defending champions may have only gotten better this offseason with the additions of Brandin Cooks, Stephon Gilmore and Kony Ealy. The team is poised to make Tom Brady the second 40-year-old quarterback to start a playoff game, joining Brett Favre in 2009.

i

2. Atlanta Falcons
Post-draft ranking: No. 2
sw_ye_40.png

ADVERTISEMENT
The Falcons' offense is still as potent as it was last season, and a defense that relied heavily on rookies and finished 27th in points allowed in 2016 could see big improvements. A return to the Super Bowl isn't out of the question, and ESPN's Football Power Index (FPI) trends that way as well, giving Atlanta the sixth-best odds of making the big game.

i

3. Seattle Seahawks
2016 record: 10-5-1
Post-draft ranking: No. 6
gn-arrow.png

Things are quiet in Seattle right now. Maybe a little too quiet? This could be bad news for the rest of the NFL, as a healthy "Legion of Boom" could stop a trend of three straight seasons for the Seahawks' defense allowing more points than the year before.

i

4. Pittsburgh Steelers
Post-draft ranking: No. 4
sw_ye_40.png

The Steelers aren't opposed to resting players during preseason, so who knows if we'll see Ben, Bell, Brown and Bryant on the field at the same time until Week 1. But those Killer B's have the Steelers with the second-best odds at making the Super Bowl in the AFC.

i

5. Green Bay Packers
2016 record: 10-6
Post-draft ranking: No. 3
rd-arrow.png

One of the biggest question marks at camp so far has been Mason Crosby's accuracy in the kicking game. On the surface that might sound like small potatoes, but keep in mind, Crosby's leg saved the Packers last postseason with multiple late 50-yard field goals.

Crosby has been money in camp. We had a rookie snapper and rookie holder, but we recently resigned our longtime long snapper. I am not worried about Crosby at all. Also to avoid any nonsense I am not advocating to be higher on the list. Just pointing it out.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PItt got the best defensive player in the draft

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd probably switch GB and Seattle and I wouldn't have Denver or Zona top 10...

I think

1. New England
2. Atlanta
3. Green Bay
4. Pitt
5. Seattle
6. Kansas City
7. NYG
8. Oakland
9. Dallas
10. Tampa
11. Tennessee
12. Denver
13. Philly
14. Arizona
15. Cincinnati

Would be my Top 15 right now

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd probably switch GB and Seattle and I wouldn't have Denver or Zona top 10...

I think

1. New England
2. Atlanta
3. Green Bay
4. Pitt
5. Seattle
6. Kansas City
7. NYG
8. Oakland
9. Dallas
10. Tampa
11. Tennessee
12. Denver
13. Philly
14. Arizona
15. Cincinnati

Would be my Top 15 right now

Not bad

Not just to get in MsChaneys' pants, but I really think with Mixon and Ross, the Bengals could be the team that emerges as 2nd best in the AFC this season

And I agree on Seattle....Still an awful Oline, a declining D....The best they have going for them is that division