• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

X-Men '97

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you get triggered by the weirdest things

we get that you are a bigot and want everyone to be heterosexual and either male or female with no inbetween...and make sure the men are jacked and the women have big tits...but that's not how it is like in the real world and the comics do what they can to relate to the real world.

but you go ahead and get butthurt that the woke X-Men comic tries to continue to be woke

Typical response by a liberal when presented with facts

Do better

And lol at the real world comment when you’re talking about the made up 47 genders

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical response by a liberal when presented with facts

Do better

And lol at the real world comment when you’re talking about the made up 47 genders
Do you have to make everything a politic debate? On the Entertainment board?

This thread is supposed to be about an X-Men cartoon. Nobody here wants to discuss politics or hear about people's opinions on it here. Please take your politics back to the politics board where you can spout your outrage unabated. That goes for all on both "sides".

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you have to make everything a politic debate? On the Entertainment board?

This thread is supposed to be about an X-Men cartoon. Nobody here wants to discuss politics or hear about people's opinions on it here. Please take your politics back to the politics board where you can spout your outrage unabated. That goes for all on both "sides".

I didn’t start it

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t start it
Ummmn......okay??

......as I said "both sides", not just you.

But the reality, like it or not, is that the X-Men has always had mistreatment of individuals and minorities as an overall storyline drive. I don't consider it "woke" as it is just encompassed in the lore. The people that want to start bitching about it now are literally 50 years too late.

What all of you politically outraged folks don't seem to get is that the vast majority of the populace have busy lives and don't have the want to constantly be pissed off over stupid political shit. The Politics Board is a perfect location for this type of subject matter. The Entertainment Board? Not so much.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure you did...you complained about it being "woke"

Nope.

Someone else did.

I agreed.

You then threw a typical uneducated self righteous liberal shit fit

I proved you wrong with facts from multiple sources

You continued your shit fit of ad hominem attacks, doubling down on being wildly wrong

Now we’re here

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope.

Someone else did.

I agreed.

You then threw a typical uneducated self righteous liberal shit fit

I proved you wrong with facts from multiple sources

You continued your shit fit of ad hominem attacks, doubling down on being wildly wrong

Now we’re here
social commentary is not political. X-Men has always been about social commentary

but you keep slinging "liberal this and liberal that" instead of discussing the topic.

X-Men has always been and will always use their platform for social commentary. I am sorry that you don't like diversity in your superheroes, I really don't mind it. I like when they get creative and don't make another bland comic book hero who has no depth. I want to be able to relate and so do those who aren't normally depicted in comics.

so yea, there are going to be female/black/gay/trans/etc superheroes in these comics and shows...I'm not going to celebrate their failures though.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn’t matter who started it. Stop acting like a 4th grader and end it.

X-Men is, was and always will be an allegory about minorities in society and their struggle with being “different”. Is every aspect an exact metaphor? No. There are stories told within that construct that pull it away from it’s basic premise.

You can like it, or you can dislike it. And REASONABLE people can have differing opinions about that. They will not convince the other side that they are wrong, so dont try.

This is not the PF. Please don’t treat it like it is. I tend to give a long leash on letting politics bleed into some of these threads because the material calls for it. But the discussions should not devolve into petty personal or “us vs them” fights. This is not the forum for that.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

X-Men is, was and always will be an allegory about minorities in society and their struggle with being “different”. Is every aspect an exact metaphor? No. There are stories told within that construct that pull it away from it’s basic premise.

You can like it, or you can dislike it. And REASONABLE people can have differing opinions about that. They will not convince the other side that they are wrong, so dont try.

This is not the PF. Please don’t treat it like it is. I tend to give a long leash on letting politics bleed into some of these threads because the material calls for it. But the discussions should not devolve into petty personal or “us vs them” fights. This is not the forum for that.
I agree 100%

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say that X-Men seems less important now than it did back then. A superhero show about oppression of people who are different seems like a pretty normal type of show these days

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don’t think it’s unfair to say Disney has sold out and creates woke crap.

See the articles I posted

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Companies obviously welcome the political talk on these shows. They could always make something new and instead they are trying to appeal to Gen X and Gen Z at the same time and it will have predictable results

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Disney has sold out? What exactly did they sell out on? How does a company set on making money by appealing to audiences sell out by broadening their audience?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And I don’t disagree you. But that point has been made. Move on.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disney has sold out? What exactly did they sell out on? How does a company set on making money by appealing to audiences sell out by broadening their audience?

You didn’t even read my post and you legit just wait straight to personal Insults…didn’t you.

Read the links

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I don’t disagree you. But that point has been made. Move on.

Sorry, he stated with ridiculous personal attacks after that

Just wanted to make sure that the post with all the links was still fair play

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, he stated with ridiculous personal attacks after that

Just wanted to make sure that the post with all the links was still fair play
My “stop it” was directed at everyone. Not just you. That’s why I didn’t respond to any specific post.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn’t even read my post and you legit just wait straight to personal Insults…didn’t you.

Read the links
I read them. You've posted about them before and whined about the same thing in the past.

Do you know what "sold out" means?

Last edited:

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Promo images released at SDCC!

Rogue, Gambit, Wolverine, Jubilee, Cyclops, Storm, Jean Grey, Beast:

uv5vfwpma6d91.jpg