• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Batman: Caped Crusader

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now here is the question...

in an alt world where Clark and Lana are together... would there have been a Superman??

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now here is the question...

in an alt world where Clark and Lana are together... would there have been a Superman??

Yes

Lana has more different variations

But easily could work

In one she is a world famous fashion designer

Clark can live with her and still protect metropolis from basically anywhere

I mean we’ve seen multiple iterations of him commuting to metropolis from smallville

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
interesting theory... with the whole mask thing... i can see it... dont agree with it but i can at least see it...

i do think Lois is a lot of love at first sight problem... where he was trying so hard to get her, that once he did there was no going back...
I think it is Kal‘s subconscious home-sickness (even though he never lived on Krypton) that attracts him to Louis. He still, to some degree, desires the elevated super-human. She views herself as better, stronger, smarter than the regular peon humans. That is a very Kryptonian attitude. But again, at the end of the day, she is still just a frail human.

But Kal also loves the down-home, humble nature of REAL humans. This is Lana. Lana is the feminized actualization of Clark while Lois is the feminized actualization of Superman. So while Kal WANTS to be Clark, he is still more Superman, and subconsciously longs for Kal.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes

Lana has more different variations

But easily could work

In one she is a world famous fashion designer

Clark can live with her and still protect metropolis from basically anywhere

I mean we’ve seen multiple iterations of him commuting to metropolis from smallville

but why would he be the champion of metropolis if he never went to metropolis... if Lana and Clark were together, chances are they would not have gone to metropolis...

if Lana conveniently moved to Metropolis at the same time as Clark, and they romantically got together after moving to metropolis, then maybe.... but something still feels like it would be missing as Clark would be less in need to come out...

IMO Lois was what kept him in metropolis... Lana would have probably kept him in smallville...

i just dont see lana finding the success in a Clark and Lana relationship... as they would have had to do it at the same time as eachother...

the iteration where lana was a famous fashion designer, she came to metropolis to see clark when everything was already established

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but why would he be the champion of metropolis if he never went to metropolis... if Lana and Clark were together, chances are they would not have gone to metropolis...

if Lana conveniently moved to Metropolis at the same time as Clark, and they romantically got together after moving to metropolis, then maybe.... but something still feels like it would be missing as Clark would be less in need to come out...

IMO Lois was what kept him in metropolis... Lana would have probably kept him in smallville...

i just dont see lana finding the success in a Clark and Lana relationship... as they would have had to do it at the same time as eachother...

the iteration where lana was a famous fashion designer, she came to metropolis to see clark when everything was already established

He didn’t go to metropolis for Lois

He still would’ve saved the spaceship that made him famous

It’s basically Superman for all seasons but with a better ending

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn’t go to metropolis for Lois

He still would’ve saved the spaceship that made him famous

It’s basically Superman for all seasons but with a better ending

no he didnt go to metropolis for Lois... but Lois kept him in metropolis...

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no he didnt go to metropolis for Lois... but Lois kept him in metropolis...

Not even entirely true since he became a foreign correspondent so he could more easily zip around all over the world

Easily could’ve done that with the superior chick by his side as well

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even entirely true since he became a foreign correspondent so he could more easily zip around all over the world

when he was already established as both superman and clark kent the reporter...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i dont think Superman would be as great as he was if Clark and Lana were together... and can easily see a world that didnt even get a superman....

if Superman never owned metropolis, Lex Luthor might not have ever become evil either...

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think Superman would be as great as he was if Clark and Lana were together... and can easily see a world that didnt even get a superman....

if Superman never owned metropolis, Lex Luthor might not have ever become evil either...

I think it’s quite the assumption that he never gets there when he went to met u for college

The reality is lana has never been properly flesh out since Alan moore is a super dickhead

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
always been my belief. At least potentially.

Luthor likes to think of himself as the anti-hero, but is that just justification for him doing what he wants? If Supes isn’t there, would he truly attempt to be the hero in his stead, or would he just drop the pretense and go full heel?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it’s quite the assumption that he never gets there when he went to met u for college

The reality is lana has never been properly flesh out since Alan moore is a super dickhead

i just think clark needed an older woman, one that was already established in her career... courting one his age as 2 people who are not established career wise, would have been a weird dynamic...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just think clark needed an older woman, one that was already established in her career... courting one his age as 2 people who are not established career wise, would have been a weird dynamic...
Interesting take.

Clark is essentially an infant, as he has absolutely zero history as a human, so he needs the mother figure to bring him up and protect his human-ignorance.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the Kal/Clark/Supes dynamic. That is what makes the character so interesting. Similar to Bruce/Hulk. Smart Hulk is a HORRIBLE character. There is no inner struggle. Watching Kal struggle with Clark and Supes is a great psychological study of the Id/Ego/SuperEgo dynamic.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting take.

Clark is essentially an infant, as he has absolutely zero history as a human, so he needs the mother figure to bring him up and protect his human-ignorance.

not just his human ignorance... i think smallville would have been fine for that... it was his perception of success, he had to succeed in the big city, and Lois personified the big city as well

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not just his human ignorance... i think smallville would have been fine for that... it was his perception of success, he had to succeed in the big city, and Lois personified the big city as well
Did CLARK need to succeed? Or did he just want to experience the human experience?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the Kal/Clark/Supes dynamic. That is what makes the character so interesting. Similar to Bruce/Hulk. Smart Hulk is a HORRIBLE character. There is no inner struggle. Watching Kal struggle with Clark and Supes is a great psychological study of the Id/Ego/SuperEgo dynamic.

agreed... i find it interesting how we all have such different views about this as well.... IMO Lois was the only choice for him...

but i definitely see why people think Lana would have been better... but would it have been beter for Supes?? or just Clark

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did CLARK need to succeed? Or did he just want to experience the human experience?

he wanted to be human, and was raised a human... i am sure, he wanted to succeed as a human too... and seperate from his success as superman...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supes
agreed... i find it interesting how we all have such different views about this as well.... IMO Lois was the only choice for him...

but i definitely see why people think Lana would have been better... but would it have been beter for Supes?? or just Clark
And of the 3, which is the Id? Who is the Ego? Who is the SuperEgo?

I think an argument could made for Kal = Id, Supes = Ego and Clark being SuperEgo. But I also see Clark = Id, Kal = Ego and Supes = SuperEgo. Though I think a decent argument could be made for just about any configuration.

As for Who is best for “him”, I think Lana works, really, only for Clark. She doesn’t really mesh with Supes or the concept of Kal. Lois is a match for Supes, is awed by Kal and can be “mom” to Clark.