• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Batman: Caped Crusader

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did CLARK need to succeed? Or did he just want to experience the human experience?

i would assume, if you grow up in a small town, you wouldnt think the human experience would be any different whereever you live... i think he wanted to succeed as Clark Kent... Superman was born because Metropolis was not as safe as Smallville, and he made close emotional attatchments with people who just constantly found danger...

I really think if he never left smallville he would have never became a superhero...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would assume, if you grow up in a small town, you wouldnt think the human experience would be any different whereever you live... i think he wanted to succeed as Clark Kent... Superman was born because Metropolis was not as safe as Smallville, and he made close emotional attatchments with people who just constantly found danger...

I really think if he never left smallville he would have never became a superhero...
But every iteration of “Superboy” still makes Clark a superhero. Whether it be “Superboy” or “The Blue Blur”, he always acts in some way like Superman.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supes

And of the 3, which is the Id? Who is the Ego? Who is the SuperEgo?

I think an argument could made for Kal = Id, Supes = Ego and Clark being SuperEgo. But I also see Clark = Id, Kal = Ego and Supes = SuperEgo. Though I think a decent argument could be made for just about any configuration.

As for Who is best for “him”, I think Lana works, really, only for Clark. She doesn’t really mesh with Supes or the concept of Kal. Lois is a match for Supes, is awed by Kal and can be “mom” to Clark.

Id- Kal
ego- Clark
Superego- Superman

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just think clark needed an older woman, one that was already established in her career... courting one his age as 2 people who are not established career wise, would have been a weird dynamic...

Interesting take.

Clark is essentially an infant, as he has absolutely zero history as a human, so he needs the mother figure to bring him up and protect his human-ignorance.

I would disagree all around

Sound couples grow together

Clark has his parents both biological and adopted to provide any raising

Plus the mentorship of Perry white and rn troupe professionally

If anything immediately getting a job at the daily planet has aged worse than most of his story on that sense

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But every iteration of “Superboy” still makes Clark a superhero. Whether it be “Superboy” or “The Blue Blur”, he always acts in some way like Superman.

sure... he wont be able to hide his powers... not saying that he does nothing... but metropolis was a place where he was needed by someone at all times... he actually had to pick and choose who to save, despite wanting to save everyone...

but smalville is much more quiet... and easier to hide...

superboy iterations are all going to have him be superman, because thats what we know already... we are talking about a psychological hypothetical

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would disagree all around

Sound couples grow together

Clark has his parents both biological and adopted to provide any raising

Plus the mentorship of Perry white and rn troupe professionally

If anything immediately getting a job at the daily planet has aged worse than most of his story on that sense

sure, but you have to also remember, clark thought Lois was too good for him... thats why he wooed her as superman first....

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets bring back batman to this discussion...

Psychologically speaking Bruce wayne/batman is not as psychologically complex as Kal/clark/superman..

Bruce is Batman's mask...

and he is simply an egomaniac with a dark passenger(like Dexter), but has a moral code not to kill...

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure, but you have to also remember, clark thought Lois was too good for him... thats why he wooed her as superman first....

Whcih is just awful

It’s like David Beckham thinking Gloria Steinem was too good for him

It’s a laughable concept for the worlds most eligible bachelor

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whcih is just awful

It’s like David Beckham thinking Gloria Steinem was too good for him

It’s a laughable concept for the worlds most eligible bachelor

depends on which David beckham... are we talking about his first season as a pro?? thats where we are talking about with superman.... really clark... not even superman... as there is no superman yet...

Can you really blame clark?? he gets a new job in the big city, and meets a strong woman who is basically what he personifies as the pinacle of success in his selected trade...

i think we need to forget he is kryptonian to understand why he was so enamoured with lois...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously, what 22 year old would not get an immediate crush on an attractive enough woman with power??

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously, what 22 year old would not get an immediate crush on an attractive enough woman with power??
So Lois is his “training piece”. Then Lana should be his “forever piece”?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This reads like it should be the steamy office affair chick rather than end game chick

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This reads like it should be the steamy office affair chick rather than end game chick

problem with superman comics is that there is not much of old age Clark...

he did get with Wonder woman in the newer comics because of the aging problem...

but its much more complicated than that, because as we know, once Clark finally won Lois' heart he also told her his secret... that is a lot of trust... too much to let go...

if Lana knew he was superman that would be another thing... but Clark didnt know she knew until well after...

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
problem with superman comics is that there is not much of old age Clark...

he did get with Wonder woman in the newer comics because of the aging problem...

but its much more complicated than that, because as we know, once Clark finally won Lois' heart he also told her his secret... that is a lot of trust... too much to let go...

if Lana knew he was superman that would be another thing... but Clark didnt know she knew until well after...

That depends on which version of lana

Again, she would need to actually be properly fleshed out in the modern comics

We have commie Alan moore to thank for that

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had me on this until they went woke and shoved penguin being a broad down our throats

So lame

So very lame
I'm sure ivy will be a tranny

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for the life of me, i will never understand why we havent had a DC superhero animated show in a long time...
For years, no characters were allowed to be created that were more masculine than Michelle Obama.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For years, no characters were allowed to be created that were more masculine than Michelle Obama.
Well, to be fair, I think Arnold Schwarzenegger qualifies under those parameters…