• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Batman: Caped Crusader

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finished all 10 eps. Nothing must see but a solid Batman show

I was a little surprised they got rid of Two-Face in one season. Figured they'd keep him around.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finished all 10 eps. Nothing must see but a solid Batman show

I was a little surprised they got rid of Two-Face in one season. Figured they'd keep him around.

Finally finished the first season. Took me much longer than I would have imagined. As I was looking forward to this show for a while.

Unfortunately it was a big disappointment. Don’t get me wrong, I still liked it and will watch season 2 and other future seasons. But my expectations will definitely be much lower.

The first season really was all over the place. I’m not sure they knew what they wanted the show to be. It is clearly more of a detective noir than most other adaptations. Which is fine. But they really wanted to make the other characters more pivotal than Batman. They could have just as easily called this Gotham PD than being a Batman show.

And when they focused on Batman he was way too angry throughout the series. Batman is always brooding. But this seemed more angry. Even the way he would speak to Alfred.

And it bothered me in the season finale how he used a Gun. Batman never uses a gun. Looked it up, and he really used a gun 5 times in the entire Batman comics spanning since 1938. And he shot at someone which was even more rare. Sure it was to put fear into someone. But it was very unnecessary and very unlike Batman.

Lots of things felt off on the interpretation of Batman besides that. But that was my biggest.

I also did not understand the episode subjects chosen. There were 2 supernatural episodes. Which felt out of place in this Batman world.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally finished the first season. Took me much longer than I would have imagined. As I was looking forward to this show for a while.

Unfortunately it was a big disappointment. Don’t get me wrong, I still liked it and will watch season 2 and other future seasons. But my expectations will definitely be much lower.

The first season really was all over the place. I’m not sure they knew what they wanted the show to be. It is clearly more of a detective noir than most other adaptations. Which is fine. But they really wanted to make the other characters more pivotal than Batman. They could have just as easily called this Gotham PD than being a Batman show.

And when they focused on Batman he was way too angry throughout the series. Batman is always brooding. But this seemed more angry. Even the way he would speak to Alfred.

And it bothered me in the season finale how he used a Gun. Batman never uses a gun. Looked it up, and he really used a gun 5 times in the entire Batman comics spanning since 1938. And he shot at someone which was even more rare. Sure it was to put fear into someone. But it was very unnecessary and very unlike Batman.

Lots of things felt off on the interpretation of Batman besides that. But that was my biggest.

I also did not understand the episode subjects chosen. There were 2 supernatural episodes. Which felt out of place in this Batman world.

I'm not really married to the idea of Batman should do this or doesn't do that kind of thing. I didn't mind it at all. But I do agree they could have toned down the focus on the Gordons just a tad and given us more Batman

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not really married to the idea of Batman should do this or doesn't do that kind of thing. I didn't mind it at all. But I do agree they could have toned down the focus on the Gordons just a tad and given us more Batman

All shows/adaptations will do things different. I am ok with that.

But there are somethings that I do expect to keep true to the Batman lore. Usage of guns is a big one for me. That and murder( I will not accept him killing joker in revenge for Jason Todd)