• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

(WW)F1 off season discussion

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MB causing a stir with basically no sidepods.

Of course Horner had something to say, than denied saying it...

What a tit.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haas should just give up now. All they are good for are Steiner's F Bombs on Drive to Survive, which by the way is now available for the new season.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The season starts next weekend so we will get the competition underway on here.
No ones even thrown out (bold) predictions or expected finish order.
We’re slacking this off-season

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bold prediction time

1) Constructors goes to RB. Their car in preseason testing seemed pretty reliable and consistent. MB will no doubt get their car in order, but I was surprised to see the major variations between Bahrain and Barcelona. The removal of the side pods seemed like grasping. Ferrari’s car looks improved, but I’m not going to give too much credence to all the testing hype other manufacturers are giving during testing. Like Carlos Sainz said “it’s the same story every year.” That said, I think Ferrari’s driver combo, as of now, is the best on the grid. RB, MB, Ferrari is my guess

2) Haas finishes at the back of the midfield. I think they can hit 6th, actually. Mag coming back is a huge upgrade from Mazepin, and their car actually looked decent in testing. I also have no faith in AR, AM, or Williams or their drivers at this point, which may be a bigger factor

3) Carlos Sainz becomes the clear #1 at Ferrari. I thought this could happen last year, but LEC had so much more experience in the car. With a new car, I think it becomes more pronounced this year.

4) George Russell wins as many races as Lewis. I’ve always thought George is a really good driver, and he’ll want to prove his worth this year. Of the races MB wins, I think their drivers will split fairly evenly. New car evens their playing field

5) Aston replaces Lance Stroll. Won’t happen, but one can wish.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not changed, that was always the rule. Just FIA double speak.

As close as we are going to get to an admission that the last race was a mistake. I couldn't even finish one episode of Drive to Survive. I don't like that my favorite motorsport is nothing but a reality show now.

Bold Predictions:
Final team order (Constructors)
Merc
RBR
Ferrari
McLaren
Alpine
Aston
Alpha Tauri
Williams
Haas
Alfa

Top 3 in Drivers will be
HAM
VER
RUS

Andretti will get in, buying into Haas.

First driver replaced will be Tsunoda

At some point, Mercedes will run both sidepod versions at one race weekend just to drive Horner crazy.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I predict that Hamilton will be eventually phased-out especially if the younger drive George Russell starts winning on a regular basis.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrapping up the off season:

Key points:
- Michael Masi "acted in good faith" and "made an error" and influenced the outcome of the championship.
- Team principals "distracted" Masi at a critical moment, contributing to the error
- They are making changes to prevent it from happening again
- They had no software tracking which cars were laps down and thus could unlap. It was Masi's judgement. There is now a software that does this
- They clarified the rule everyone but Masi understood with language between "any" and "all" lapped cars. It now clearly states all lapped cars unlap then race restarts on next lap. Which was always the rule that Masi ignored or misinterpereted. Had this rule been followed, the race ends under yellow and Lewis Hamilton is champion.

Some things not covered
- The season long manipulation to have an even on points in the last race situation
- The word is not "distracted" the word is "bullied".
- Nothing about his snide comments to Wolff defending himself, which implied bias, especially after the other team principal begged for (and got) one lap of green flag racing.
- How no one in race control questioned his incorrect count back of lapped cars
- This blatant mistake in the report, which is so easily proven wrong and leads to a question of what else they got wrong.

"2. At the time of the crash, both HAM and VER were driving on hard compound tyres, each having made one previous tyre change"

Except Max had made 2 stops at that point.

I honestly feel like this report is exactly what I expected them to say and I am still somehow disappointed. Masi wasn't malicious, he's just incompetent. No one inside Race Control had the guts to stand up to him. A multi-billion dollar sport didn't have software to track where the cars actually were and they allowed team principals (who would stab their own grandmothers for a competitive advantage) to directly shout at the lone decision maker with no checks and balances.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrapping up the off season:

Key points:
- Michael Masi "acted in good faith" and "made an error" and influenced the outcome of the championship.
- Team principals "distracted" Masi at a critical moment, contributing to the error
- They are making changes to prevent it from happening again
- They had no software tracking which cars were laps down and thus could unlap. It was Masi's judgement. There is now a software that does this
- They clarified the rule everyone but Masi understood with language between "any" and "all" lapped cars. It now clearly states all lapped cars unlap then race restarts on next lap. Which was always the rule that Masi ignored or misinterpereted. Had this rule been followed, the race ends under yellow and Lewis Hamilton is champion.

Some things not covered
- The season long manipulation to have an even on points in the last race situation
- The word is not "distracted" the word is "bullied".
- Nothing about his snide comments to Wolff defending himself, which implied bias, especially after the other team principal begged for (and got) one lap of green flag racing.
- How no one in race control questioned his incorrect count back of lapped cars
- This blatant mistake in the report, which is so easily proven wrong and leads to a question of what else they got wrong.

"2. At the time of the crash, both HAM and VER were driving on hard compound tyres, each having made one previous tyre change"

Except Max had made 2 stops at that point.

I honestly feel like this report is exactly what I expected them to say and I am still somehow disappointed. Masi wasn't malicious, he's just incompetent. No one inside Race Control had the guts to stand up to him. A multi-billion dollar sport didn't have software to track where the cars actually were and they allowed team principals (who would stab their own grandmothers for a competitive advantage) to directly shout at the lone decision maker with no checks and balances.

All that and yet yesterday they clearly let Perez keep a lap he should have lost in Q2 when he had all 4 wheels off the road.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VW has confirmed both Audi and Porsche to come into F1 in 2026.

Porsche supposedly with Red Bull.

Audi looking to purchase a team, McLaren denies they are on the block.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, it was just a matter of time for VW to get involved in F-1.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could this mean they add more teams to field?
Or is like 20 the cutoff?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, Schmoopy, F-1 is expanding and there eventually will be more teams just like in IndyCar.