• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WVU to the Big 12 in the next two days...

IrishFutbol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There has to be a state law somewhere prohibiting any VT fan from directly or indirectly referring to their team as WVU's bitch.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't neg and didn't in this case but he is pretty much a troll and far below the standards of this board and o am fine with him being labelled as such. He shittalks with no useful info. He is Drakes but rooting for a team that actually has other fans on here.

LSUfanFloridaAlumni

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Also Texas #1 and #2 expansion candidates are BYU and Notre Dame. Overrated big name teams that Texas hopes they can dominate every year and get credit for it.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let's agree Va Tech and Texas fans...

both of you guys are ducking the SEC because you don't want your ass raped every year but whatever SEC power(s) has senior talent that year.

So Va Tech is crying to the B1G, a league not in its region and a league that shares nothing in common with Va Tech (it is like UCLA in the SEC as Volbound1700 put).

Texas is crying to be out in the Pacific Coast. A team that borders the Gulf of Mexico in the Pacific Coast, wtf? Texas also wants to be in the B1G and ACC if that doesn't work.

Texas is running off all of its competition (Texas A&M, Nebraska, Missouri which has been on the rise) in hopes that they can conquer their weak12. Too bad they didn't run off their biggest competitor (OU) and with Tubberville turning around Texas Tech and making them the Texas team, Dodds better think of a way to get TT to leave the Big12. (Also keep an eye on Bill Synders JUCO teams up north, they are a threat to Texas dominance).

LMAO, pretty funny stuff

Considering Texas owns ALL those programs in damn near every sport, I can see where you're coming from.......:loco2:

KState DOES own us though, Snyder always beats Texas.....never have figured that one out.

And for the record, Texas has never applied to join the Pac 12 or any other conference.

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO at my VT brothers finding out why we have issues with Texas and their fans...

Rather than me explaining it all again... you can read for yourself some of the whys and what for's...

Read here if you desire to know how

I would also add to the above link...

The Big 12 is a TEXAS centric league!

When the Big12 was started, they could have preserved the Nebraska/OU rivalry in a similar intra-division rivalries such as the SEC does with cross-over games (think Alabama/Tennessee, Florida/LSU, Georgia/Auburn). This could have been Nebraska/OU, Texas/Colorado, Texas A&M/K-State.. for example. BUT OU made it known they didn't want to do that. They didn't think it was in their best interest to have Nebraska on their schedule on every year while other teams such as Texas did not. So with the Big12, Nebraska lost their biggest rival -> moving to the Big10 they get to pick up a new rival in Iowa.

The potential academic research financial impact of inclusion in the CIC (Committee of Institutional Cooperation) alone is a big reason why the Big10 is considered the jewel of all athletic conferences. Plus it gives these presidents the chance to rub shoulders with the Presidents of Michigan, Wisconsin, Northwestern -> it's just more attractive than rubbing shoulders with the Presidents of Kansas State and Mississippi State.

That is enough for now... C'mon Texas, Texas, Texas... let's hear your BEVO SHIT... LOL I mean bull shit...

Wait... that's the same thing.. LMAO

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO at my VT brothers finding out why we have issues with Texas and their fans...

Rather than me explaining it all again... you can read for yourself some of the whys and what for's...

Read here if you desire to know how

I would also add to the above link...

The Big 12 is a TEXAS centric league!
When the Big12 was started, they could have preserved the Nebraska/OU rivalry in a similar intra-division rivalries such as the SEC does with cross-over games (think Alabama/Tennessee, Florida/LSU, Georgia/Auburn). This could have been Nebraska/OU, Texas/Colorado, Texas A&M/K-State.. for example. BUT OU made it known they didn***8217;t want to do that. They didn***8217;t think it was in their best interest to have Nebraska on their schedule on every year while other teams such as Texas did not. So with the Big12, Nebraska lost their biggest rival -> moving to the Big10 they get to pick up a new rival in Iowa.
The potential academic research financial impact of inclusion in the CIC (Committee of Institutional Cooperation) alone is a big reason why the Big10 is considered the jewel of all athletic conferences. Plus it gives these presidents the chance to rub shoulders with the Presidents of Michigan, Wisconsin, Northwestern -> it***8217;s just more attractive than rubbing shoulders with the Presidents of Kansas State and Mississippi State.

That is enough for now... C'mon Texas, Texas, Texas... let***8217;s hear your BEVO SHIT... LOL I mean bull shit...

Wait... that's the same thing.. LMAO

Not going to get into all this again.....all that you posted is true. But linking to a husker fan site is not going to pass muster as a legit, non-biased source. The Omaha papers ran an in-depth article on this providing evidence that NU was talking with the Big 10 a full year before they left.

So let's just say they wanted out, and had good reasons to go. Let's not try to put their leaving on Texas, because that's not really the case.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cant find a list of vs top 5 ranked teams......................but..Texas has played in six #1 vs #2 matchups and has posted victories in 4 of the six contests

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cant find a list of vs top 5 ranked teams......................but..Texas has played in six #1 vs #2 matchups and has posted victories in 4 of the six contests

Don't bother. VT DESPERATELY wants everyone else to believe they are an elite program.......but nobody is buying it. Let's see if they can sell it to the Big 10.

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going to get into all this again.....all that you posted is true. But linking to a husker fan site is not going to pass muster as a legit, non-biased source. The Omaha papers ran an in-depth article on this providing evidence that NU was talking with the Big 10 a full year before they left.

So let's just say they wanted out, and had good reasons to go. Let's not try to put their leaving on Texas, because that's not really the case.

I have never ever laid this solely on Texas... all I have stated was the truth and although Texas was not the sole reason for this all happening... they were the catalyst to stir the pot as they were the ones that were reportedly visiting with other conferences wayyyyy prior to the Huskers... including with the Big Ten.... and with that card being played.. Nebraska did their due diligence to make sure they were in a league that was a good fit and stable.

Fact's are:

Delany > Beebe
Big Ten > Big 12 (Stability)
Big Ten > Big 12 (Prestige)
Big Ten Refs > Dan Beebe's clones < Just funning but true!
Big Ten Academics and research > Big 12
Big Ten Paycheck > Big 12 Paycheck

LSUfanFloridaAlumni

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No one wants Virginia Tech due to their program. They are an after thought in football. They beat up on weak teams but lose all their majors games.

People want Virginia Tech because they are the only relevant team in the Virginia/DC market area. They are just slightly less crappy then UVA and Maryland.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never ever laid this solely on Texas... all I have stated was the truth and although Texas was not the sole reason for this all happening... they were the catalyst to stir the pot as they were the ones that were reportedly visiting with other conferences wayyyyy prior to the Huskers... including with the Big Ten.... and with that card being played.. Nebraska did their due diligence to make sure they were in a league that was a good fit and stable.

Fact's are:

Delany > Beebe

Ah, but there's the rub.....Texas never visited with the Big 10. The Big 10 came to Texas, and got turned down, there was no negotiations, or visits. The Pac 10 ALSO came to Texas once it was leaked that the Big 10 had made inquiries.......Nebraska CHOSE to make this an issue. Texas can't control conferences making an offer.

TexasFight98VI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fact's are:

Delany > Beebe

LOL at thinking NU "did their due diligence". NU was an afterthought with the B1G. The B1G came after Texas. Texas didn't go after the B1G. After ND and Texas turned down the B1G, the B1G then settled for their 3rd choice in Nebraska. It's kinda like how you're at a party and you hit on the two hottest girls, only to get turned down, so you then get shit faced and go back and settle for that fat ugly chick nobody wants.

With that being said, the Big 12 is looking damn good right now. Here's to hoping the Huskers will be able to compete in the B1G and not run to a mid major this time around........

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never said PSU doesn't have a large national fanbase. I've said that their New England base is a joke compared to what it was 20 years ago.

And are you retarded, or just bad a reading? Not only have I not said that ND has a city under it's control, I've stated that NYC, Philly and DC are not locked down by anyone.

If ND goes to the B10, the target isn't going to be VT and GT. The target will be securing the big 4 cities in NYC, Philly, Baltimore and DC.

Maryland and Cuse will both be getting a call should ND want in the B10.

Hell, if the SEC makes a play too and grabs Clemson and FSU, VT will find itself buddying up with Cincy and USF.

1. In the 1980s, PSU had fans all across NE, NY and NJ. Now, they're down to a few pockets in eastern Jersey, and a few pockets in southern NY.

2. Twice ND applied to the B10. Twice Michigan was the only no vote. Twice Michigan tried to get the rest of the B10 teams to stop playing us. The main reason behind the USC rivalry is because we were concerned all of the local powerhouses were going to stop scheduling us.

3. The B10 is an amazing academic conference. The issue is, the B10 focuses on grad programs, and requires grad school spending. ND has traditionally ignored grad programs, and focuses almost all of it's efforts on the undergrad education.

The ACC on the other hand, has schools like Duke, Wake, BC and Miami, who are very similar to ND in terms of academic goals.

All of the info on ND boards suggests that the goal would be to make an impact on the East Coast, and get the B10 network aired in the highly populated Mid-Atlantic.

From what we've heard on our end, the big reason behind the Mizzou denial was they want to make an east coast push.

1. VT may have a bar. ND has tons. If VTech plays a game in Philly, NYC or Chicago, then fans might travel there for the game. If ND goes to one of those cities, the fans that live there are enough to pack the stadium.

2. ND doesn't pump out grads, the vast majority of the fanbase has no tie to the school. If only alumni were fans, ND would be as big as Wake Forest.

3. GT gives you the Atlanta market? Huh? And no, VT does not give you the DC area either.

Let's revisit your asinine statements throughout this thread, shall we?

1. You claimed that "If ND goes to the Big Ten, the target won't be GT/VT because the target will be locking down the 4 big cities in the NE."
2. PSU no longer has a large fan base in the NE.
3. Your sources are from the ND Boards without reference to anything, including the boards.
4. You inferred that the "tons of ND bars" would attract "enough fans to pack the stadium" in half of the aforementioned NE cities, yet stated earlier that "ND doesn't have a large fan base in any location."

None of your claims are backed up by fact, your opinions simply that, and when those facts are pointed out to you, you simply resort to immature insults. Get a clue, bring something to the conversation, or go back to ESPN and argue about how big your fucking dick is.

WoodyHayes1951

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone please tell me how VaTech is "Clashing"(I know no one technically used that word but it's a good one) with Big Ten culture?

We're not talking about Baton Rouge or Los Angeles.....It's Blacksburg and the people that root for the University reside mostly in DC and surrounding areas.

Big Ten is way more than just Chicagoland.

Sure it's a "Southern State" but have you driven through the state? The least "Southern" next to Florida.

Columbus to Blacksburg is 5-5:30 hours. Same as a trip to Champaign. Easier to get to than Minny,UNL,Iowa,UW and NU from OSU's perspective and then add in Illinois and IU from the PSU perspective.

IrishFutbol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
1. No where, in your incoherent ramble, do you even come close to suggesting I said ND has those cities on lockdown.

And lets try reading comprehension for kindergarteners: If ND alone would have locked down those areas, why the hell would I start talking about how the B10 would need more teams from the area? Why would I suggest the B10 take more teams from an area already under their control? Unless (hopefully you've figured it out by now), I'm suggesting that ND alone wouldn't be enough to get those areas on the BTN!

2. Now that we're done with reading comprehension, lets try some common sense. You've got major programs like VT that are barely in attendance in a CCG. You've got a powerhouse in OU that can't even sell out the Fiesta. Then there's ND, who can pack the house in Dallas vs. a piss poor Washington St, in New York vs. an awful Army, and can even do it in Ireland vs. Navy. Then theres NBC, who's throwing millions of dollars to broadcast ND football across the nation. But hey, what do they know, they might just be doing it to waste a ton of money, as they probably didn't do any homework to even see if ND has fans everywhere, right? Is that what you're trying to argue?

3. You're right, I did not conduct a proper scientic study on analyzing Penn State migration patters over the past 30 years. I thought about spending millions on scientists to perform the research, but I blew it on crack and hookers instead.

Penn State currently enjoys a decent alumni base in NE and has some support. 1980s PSU had thousands of fans with no connection to the school or state sporting their colors. They lost a lot for the security and scheduling of the B10.

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at thinking NU "did their due diligence". NU was an afterthought with the B1G. The B1G came after Texas. Texas didn't go after the B1G. After ND and Texas turned down the B1G, the B1G then settled for their 3rd choice in Nebraska. It's kinda like how you're at a party and you hit on the two hottest girls, only to get turned down, so you then get shit faced and go back and settle for that fat ugly chick nobody wants.

With that being said, the Big 12 is looking damn good right now. Here's to hoping the Huskers will be able to compete in the B1G and not run to a mid major this time around........

LMAO at your complete ignorance as well as being spurned by the pac 12 not just once... but twice!

Move a long little doggy... or

Last edited by a moderator:

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how is the big 12 looking good now?

u lost A&M for TCU and then you replace mizzou with west virginia, then you say...oh wait, we don't want west virginia now?

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how is the big 12 looking good now?

u lost A&M for TCU and then you replace mizzou with west virginia, then you say...oh wait, we don't want west virginia now?

Football and basketball wise we got better. Both WVU and TCU have outperformed A&M and Mizzou in the major sports......

What we lost was schools that are large and have a great fanbase. TCU can't touch the A&M alumni network. We lost a valuable market in Mizzou, even though we didn't get much out of it.

Competitively, whether you choose to admit it or not, the Big 12 improved, that cannot be denied.