• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WVU to the Big 12 in the next two days...

eaterfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tcu and wvu have certainly accomplished more than A&M and Mizzou the last decade but as has been pointed out they have had less competition. It's like arguing the early 2000 Nets were better than the early 2000s Kings teams because the Nets won their conference 2 years in a row and Sacramento never beat the lakers.

Aside from which, if you subscribe to the theory Mike Slive isn't an idiot then it makes some sense that A&M and Mizzou are more desirable programs. He could have added them but chose the Big 12 schools. Why was practically begging to get into the Sec.

TexasFight98VI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't care about any of it. I have a career, house, family.

The academic standings and revenue generated by The University of Oklahoma...does not effect me, period.

So promote all those stats to your hearts content. Missouri sucked in all sports, Nebraska had the worst 10 years in the history of their program and now they are heading off to greener pastures? Good deal! They move towards a land where mediocrity is rewarded. The way the BIG TWELVE has been, those who are successful are rewarded, those who are not well, better luck next year.

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. In other words, if your program sucks, go where you can earn equal revenue and not worry about sucking.

Hate to give the guy props, but MarkOU just ruined the Husker fan base forever......

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tcu and wvu have certainly accomplished more than A&M and Mizzou the last decade but as has been pointed out they have had less competition. It's like arguing the early 2000 Nets were better than the early 2000s Kings teams because the Nets won their conference 2 years in a row and Sacramento never beat the lakers.

Aside from which, if you subscribe to the theory Mike Slive isn't an idiot then it makes some sense that A&M and Mizzou are more desirable programs. He could have added them but chose the Big 12 schools. Why was practically begging to get into the Sec.

Slive isn't adding them because they are competitive. He's adding them because they have valuable markets he hopes to exploit.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ the jelly in this thread, did anyone bring biscuits & butter?

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hot damn, this thing is STILL going strong? I guess when they say everything is bigger in Texas, it includes the egos!

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These Texas guys are horrible... where did they come from & where are they hiding when not posting in an expansion thread?

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can not believe this thread

but look at the diverse fanbases in this thread

Virginia Tech
Texas
Nebraska
Boise State
Georgia
Iowa State
UCLA
Oklahoma
Florida
LSU
Georgia
Clemson
Notre Dame
Ohio State
Tennessee
Wyoming
West Virginia
Miami of Florida
Cincinnati???

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can not believe this thread

but look at the diverse fanbases in this thread

Virginia Tech
Texas
Nebraska
Boise State
Georgia
Iowa State
UCLA
Oklahoma
Florida
LSU
Georgia
Clemson
Notre Dame
Ohio State
Tennessee
Wyoming
West Virginia
Miami of Florida
Cincinnati???
SportsHoopla!!

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big 12 football: More madness in conference realignment | Berry Tramel's Blog

FTFA: "After this nonsense, it’s clearer than ever that the only the desperate would be interested in the Big 12."

Pretty funny after seeing Big XII fans crowing about WVU in this thread, then have your presidents embarrass the University of West Virginia and their fans in national media less than 24 hours later. :thumb:

State43

Your mom's favorite
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Boren just needs to shut his mouth. i would prefer to see both along with Cinci if MU leaves, but thats just me.
And to the other people here, nobody says WVU is a better school to have in the conference, they just said WVU has accomplished more than Missouri and A&M in the last decade. If A&M didn't lose every bowl game and MU act like they were world beaters with a total of 3 conference championships for all sports. I don't want to see the teams go, but GTFO so the rest of us can play ball in peace.

Last edited by a moderator:

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not pimping anything.

TCU and WVU, regardless of how you feel about it, have accomplished a hell of a lot more on the field than A&M and Mizzou for the last DECADE. Thats a fact.

I have no idea why this is so hard for some of you to grasp.

Why's it so hard for you to grasp that if Mizzou or A&M switched places with WVU or TCU the records would have as well.

BTW, Kansas gettin the BCS bowl over Mizzou a few years ago was bullshit.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All things aside. IMO it makes more geographical sense for PSU to be in an Eastern Conference, but look at the options... There aren't any that are better for the school than the Big 10. I think its easy for some to lose sight of the fact that once upon a time, not all that long ago, we were independent like Notre Dame. Sure, I think we lost a lot of casual fans in the extreme northeast when we went to the Big 10, but so what? We still fill in over 100,000 every home game no matter who the opponent and still fill up every stadium that we go to for bowl games. As long as that continues, we aren't going to change much of anything.

Futball is kinda correct about PSU, but not really.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why's it so hard for you to grasp that if Mizzou or A&M switched places with WVU or TCU the records would have as well.

BTW, Kansas gettin the BCS bowl over Mizzou a few years ago was bullshit.

Not buying it. You can play the "what if" game all day.....doesn't mean it's true. You are speculating with no basis in fact.

FACT: Mizzou and A&M have accomplished NOTHING in a decade. WVU and TCU HAVE. That's the end of that discussion.

You can make all the excuses you want. But that doesn't change the fact that TCU and WVU have been better on the football field than A&M and Mizzou.

And no matter what you say, or speculate on, there is no excuses for why A&M can't win a bowl game, none. Mizzou hasn't been doing too great in that regard either.

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not buying it. You can play the "what if" game all day.....doesn't mean it's true. You are speculating with no basis in fact.

How long did Texas fans go on about "what if Colt had played"? Please, you'll play the what ifs all day long if it suits your argument.