• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WVU to the Big 12 in the next two days...

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never ever laid this solely on Texas... all I have stated was the truth and although Texas was not the sole reason for this all happening... they were the catalyst to stir the pot as they were the ones that were reportedly visiting with other conferences wayyyyy prior to the Huskers... including with the Big Ten.... and with that card being played.. Nebraska did their due diligence to make sure they were in a league that was a good fit and stable.

Fact's are:

Delany > Beebe
Big Ten > Big 12 (Stability)
Big Ten > Big 12 (Prestige)
Big Ten Refs > Dan Beebe's clones < Just funning but true!
Big Ten Academics and research > Big 12
Big Ten Paycheck > Big 12 Paycheck

:blah:

Come on, really?

Fact's are:
Stability doesn't effect you. It's Nebraska, not Iowa State.
Prestige. What are you a conference nut hugger? NU has their own prestige.
Refs suck dick everywhere, god!
Academics.......:lol: so conferences are giving out degree's now?
Paycheck. Wow cool how much did you get, personally?

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:blah:

Come on, really?

Fact's are:
Stability doesn't effect you. It's Nebraska, not Iowa State.
Prestige. What are you a conference nut hugger? NU has their own prestige.
Refs suck dick everywhere, god!
Academics.......:lol: so conferences are giving out degree's now?
Paycheck. Wow cool how much did you get, personally?

Holy shit...

Don't dumb down the board markou...

Stability affects everyone... why do you think your president and Ad were working hard to secure a bid from Pac 12... but were declined because they wanted your big brother to come along... OU could not go it alone on their own merits... sorry...

To summarize the rest of your comments above... I can see that Academia was not your strong point... so I will not bother explaining further..

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit...

Don't dumb down the board markou...

Stability affects everyone... why do you think your president and Ad were working hard to secure a bid from Pac 12... but were declined because they wanted your big brother to come along... OU could not go it alone on their own merits... sorry...

To summarize the rest of your comments above... I can see that Academia was not your strong point... so I will not bother explaining further..

Hey dude its all good. No need to begin personal attacks because what I said upset you.

Not a damn thing you listed makes a single difference in your life.

Nebraska will try to start over and maybe build a solid program in the BIG TEN because the Facts are they sucked it up for the last 10 years and didn't win a damn thing in the BIG TWELVE so by all means continue to talk about how much better your program has it now. :lol:

LSUfanFloridaAlumni

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Texas A&M is currently ranked higher then both TCU and West Virginia and finished ranked higher then West Virginia last year.

Texas A&M also has higher recruiting classes coming in then both schools. TCU and WVU had the advantage of playing in weaker leagues. You will see that they will be no better if not worse then Missouri and Texas A&M in the Big12.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas A&M is currently ranked higher then both TCU and West Virginia and finished ranked higher then West Virginia last year.

Texas A&M also has higher recruiting classes coming in then both schools. TCU and WVU had the advantage of playing in weaker leagues. You will see that they will be no better if not worse then Missouri and Texas A&M in the Big12.

And none of that changes the fact TCU and WVU have been better in football than A&M and Mizzou over the last decade.

This is not something you can debate, there are no facts that support your position.

WVU and TCU are UPGRADES in terms of football performance. I have no idea if this will continue, but I can pretty much guess Mizzou and A&M will both fail pretty badly in the SEC.

LSUfanFloridaAlumni

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dude Tennessee beat the shit out of Cincinnati (the Big East leader) and they are 0-4 in the SEC.

You are crazy if you do not think A&M would have had a lot better record playing TCU or WVU's schedules the last several years. You watch, TCU will be another Baylor in the Big12.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude Tennessee beat the shit out of Cincinnati (the Big East leader) and they are 0-4 in the SEC.

You are crazy if you do not think A&M would have had a lot better record playing TCU or WVU's schedules the last several years. You watch, TCU will be another Baylor in the Big12.

I've never said anything of the sort. And if you think A&M would compete in the SEC, you've lost your mind. They didn't even compete in the Big 12.

You are arguing against FACTS. A&M has won like 2 bowls in 20 years.....TCU won the Rose just last season against a Wisconsin team that would have BURIED A&M.

I really don't see your point here. TCU and WVU have collectively outperformed A&M and Mizzou, this is NOT debateable.

LSUfanFloridaAlumni

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Actually it is debateable StarBigD.

Easy for TCU to win one big game when they play teams like New Mexico, New Mexico State, Utah State, etc. Tennessee looked great playing their OOC also-rans and Cincy but once they got into SEC play, smack!

Same can be said for Baylor and Iowa State in your league. No doubt if Baylor had TCU's schedule this year, they would be unbeaten and in the top ten.

Fact is the Big12 and SEC are a whole level above the Big East and MWC. 9 win teams in Big East/MWC play are 7-6 win teams in the Big12/SEC depending on their schedule.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it is debateable StarBigD.

Easy for TCU to win one big game when they play teams like New Mexico, New Mexico State, Utah State, etc. Tennessee looked great playing their OOC also-rans and Cincy but once they got into SEC play, smack!

Same can be said for Baylor and Iowa State in your league. No doubt if Baylor had TCU's schedule this year, they would be unbeaten and in the top ten.

Fact is the Big12 and SEC are a whole level above the Big East and MWC. 9 win teams in Big East/MWC play are 7-6 win teams in the Big12/SEC depending on their schedule.

LOL.....still banging your head against a tree. No, it's not debateable.

You can talk about thier competition all you want. But the FACT REMAINS they have outperformed A&M in every conceivable way no matter what you look at.

They've played in better bowl games and won them. A&M has played in lesser bowls and lost them.

How is it easier for TCU to play one game, but not A&M? Nothing you've posted holds any water.

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you guys want to blow smoke up each others asses and try to pretend that WVU and TCU are an upgrade, well, you're high as hell.

If you're talking football teams fielded in recent history, yes, you're right. But in terms of what they bring to the table from top to bottom, no.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you guys want to blow smoke up each others asses and try to pretend that WVU and TCU are an upgrade, well, you're high as hell.

In terms of football on the field, they absolutely are. In terms of good for the conference, probably not.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you're talking football teams fielded in recent history, yes, you're right. But in terms of what they bring to the table from top to bottom, no.

Let's see what Missouri has brought to the table from top to bottom.

Missouri participates in 18 of 23 BIG TWELVE sponsored sports.

1996-Present
Conference Championships:
Baseball: 0
MBasketball: 1 tournament
WBasketball: 0
MCross Country: 0
WCross Country: 0
Football: 0
MGolf: 0
WGolf: 0
WGymnastics: 0
WSoccer: 1 regular season; 1 tournament
Softball: 2 regular season; 2 tournament
MSwimming & Diving: 0
WSwimming & Diving: 0
WTennis: 0
MTrack & Field: 0
WTrack & Field: 0
WVolleyBall: 0
Wrestling: 0

Yup, Upgrade.

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's more to a conference than just sports MarkOU. I think you fail to realize this fact.

If it was all about sports and only sports A&M, CU, MU and NU would have never left IMO.

State43

Your mom's favorite
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wow, what a surprise. A husker fan that hates the big 12 SO much that they stick up for Missouri athletics. Sad day :loco:
But since we are talking about it, lets take a look. (Wiki)
Big12.jpg

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, what a surprise. A husker fan that hates the big 12 SO much that they stick up for Missouri athletics. Sad day :loco:
But since we are talking about it, lets take a look. (Wiki)
Big12.jpg

In case you failed to read, I wasn't sticking up for Mizzou athletics. You think they stand a chance in sports in the SEC? I don't. They sure didn't do jack in the Big XII did they?

Preach on I guess.

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa State is just elated and I understand that. Would hate to see you guys end up in the MVC or something.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's more to a conference than just sports MarkOU. I think you fail to realize this fact.

If it was all about sports and only sports A&M, CU, MU and NU would have never left IMO.

I don't care about any of it. I have a career, house, family.

The academic standings and revenue generated by The University of Oklahoma...does not effect me, period.

So promote all those stats to your hearts content. Missouri sucked in all sports, Nebraska had the worst 10 years in the history of their program and now they are heading off to greener pastures? Good deal! They move towards a land where mediocrity is rewarded. The way the BIG TWELVE has been, those who are successful are rewarded, those who are not well, better luck next year.

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. In other words, if your program sucks, go where you can earn equal revenue and not worry about sucking.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that SEC Fan boy is here, there is just too much dumbass to sift through. ESPN status, here we go.

I'm done with this thread.

I second that notion...:bolt:

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was a Texas fan pimping TCU and WVU based on the same shit that Boise St gets knocked for? Play a scrub schedule then win one or two games against good competition? LOL @ this thread!

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was a Texas fan pimping TCU and WVU based on the same shit that Boise St gets knocked for? Play a scrub schedule then win one or two games against good competition? LOL @ this thread!

Not pimping anything.

TCU and WVU, regardless of how you feel about it, have accomplished a hell of a lot more on the field than A&M and Mizzou for the last DECADE. Thats a fact.

I have no idea why this is so hard for some of you to grasp.