• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would You Trade Ingram & Kuzma For Leonard?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. Kawhi is a proven top 5 player in the league who, when healhy, is in the convo for best player in the league and he's still young.

Ingram and Kuzma have only proven they have potential andsd still need work. We have no idea how good they will be.

If that trade (which will never be offered) were actually offered, there is far greater chance that the Lakers would regret turning it down than regretting they didn't.

In which case the Lakers can go that route if they don't get anything in free agency.

If by some miracle they can get Lebron and PG13, there's no reason to make that trade.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Spurs offered Leonard for Ingram and Kuzma and the Lakers refused, Jeanie Buss should immediately fire their entire front office for abject incompetence.

FTR, if the Spurs accepted that offer, their front office should be fired immediately regardless of past success.

There is a 1 in 10 chance that Ingram could become a superstar. There is a dramatically smaller chance for Kuzma.

Your opinion, or fact?

Glad that crystal ball is working out for you.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used it as an example of people writing him off.

Even you should have seen that.

Writing him off? He was a late first round draft pick for a reason. He had a promising rookie season. That doesn't mean he's become a super star in waiting.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Writing him off? He was a late first round draft pick for a reason. He had a promising rookie season. That doesn't mean he's become a super star in waiting.

And you know for definate that he won't be? Did you think Leonard would be a superstar 4 years ago?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In which case the Lakers can go that route if they don't get anything in free agency.

If by some miracle they can get Lebron and PG13, there's no reason to make that trade.

Of course there isn't. They get Lebron and PG-13, they literally go from out of the playoffs to contenders in one off-season.

The only reason to entertain a trade for Kawhi would be if they got zero or only 1 max guy.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you know for definate that he won't be? Did you think Leonard would be a superstar 4 years ago?

I don't know for definite obviously.

Do you understand why teams tank?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kawhi isn't a max player?

I'm DEAD.

I can get on board with not wanting to gut your roster for a guy with injury concerns.

But, if he's healthy, Kawhi is a top 3-5 player in the NBA....at worst.

I'm no Stephen Hawking of basketball knowledge.

But, it's like some of ya'll don't have a fucking clue and just spout the most random bullshit.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every report from someone that's considered a reliable source says that's incorrect. Woj reported it and then reported something totally different a month or two later. He's in New York, and that's been the plan for weeks, to rehab and get clearance from his doctors. His rehab guys are apparently based out of New York, that's why he went there. His personal doctors are the ones who are saying he isn't ready yet.

Yeah, like I said above, that's false from everything i've read from sources close to the situation. Obviously, I know no more than what I read on Twitter. However, again like I said, every reliable source I've seen has said he's rehabbing and hoping to get cleared by his personal doctors.

Also saw rumors that he is soon to be breaking ground on a new $2 million home in San Antonio.

If everything that i've seen is true, there's no reason to trade Kawhi. There's no frustration within the team, they text and communicate with each other every day, etc. That's what Danny Green said, anyways. Obviously nobody is going to believe that though, because that's "what he's supposed to say."
Well here in Los Angeles, On ESPN 710 radio, they say that Leonard was cleared to play by the team doctors, but Leonard requested a second opinion and then flew to New York - Assuming that is the case - You can't blame the guy for getting a second opinion - On the other hand - there have been suggestions made to him wanting out of San Antonio - We really won't know for sure until the summer hits.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm DEAD.

I can get on board with not wanting to gut your roster for a guy with injury concerns.

But, it's like some of ya'll don't have a fucking clue and just spout the most random bullshit.

Mecca can't die, y'all...

(rubbing shock paddles)...

*CLEAR*!!!

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm DEAD.

who said it?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we seriously saying a 22 year old isn't going to get any better?

During the draft, he didn't show up on anyone's radar. "He's played 4 years of college, he's hit his ceiling"

Then during Summer League he won Finals MVP "It's only Summer League"

During the preseason he, at one point, led the entire league in total scoring "It's only preseason"

Now he's broken or equalled 4 Lakers records and one or two NBA records for a rookie and still nobody will give him credit.

So what more do you expect a rookie to do?
Do you just not understand what the term " upside " is referring too?

I have zero doubt that Kuzma can improve.

The guy has been sensational.

But, he is older.

Dame Lillard fell into that category and he has gotten better every year.

But, for every Lillard, there are 100 Shane Battier's.

That's the major point people are making bout Kuz becoming a Franchise Player.

He can. But, it is extremely rare.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would be getting two really good picks without having to hit rock bottom to get them - Leonard is a great player, but he is not a maximum contract player and is not worth more and without them taking Deng - that deal for me would be DOA. It already was anyway really because I'd like to see what Kuzma can do - I think Ingram is going to be really good once he develops a man's body and puts some weight on
@bksballer89

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't believe there were some lakers fans who said they wouldn't do that deal lol