• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would You Trade Ingram & Kuzma For Leonard?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm as worried as anyone when it comes to Leonard's status as a future Spur cause there's so much shit going around that nobody knows what to believe. All signs point to the fact that he's done for this season. That's obvious. If he signs the supermax this offseason, all is forgiven. If he refuses to sign it, then the speculation begins.

yeah, i can see that. the media's gonna put so much trash out there that you simply can't trust it...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am guessing you would make that deal, right DJ?

I am hoping for some voices of reason among our ther Laker fans.

I think Ingram has a pretty solid chance to be a star. He needs to bulk up, but he can get there. He's got the skill set, but he's too light in the ass.

Kuzma can get a little better, but it's very unlikely that he'll be anything more than a very good role player. One of those guys that every team needs, but never going to be even a near max guy.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Ingram has a pretty solid chance to be a star. He needs to bulk up, but he can get there. He's got the skill set, but he's too light in the ass.

Kuzma can get a little better, but it's very unlikely that he'll be anything more than a very good role player. One of those guys that every team needs, but never going to be even a near max guy.

ok, say we make that deal. who do we surround Leonard WITH...?

it was like when were told to sell the entire team for Westbrook...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. They're better defenth legs atrive players as well. I think. I could be wrong though.

And unlike Leonard who puts his pants on one leg at a time like the rest of us mortals. Ingram and Kuzma put theirs on both legs at the same time.

Although to be fair, Ingram can fit both legs in one pant leg.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are we seriously saying a 22 year old isn't going to get any better?

During the draft, he didn't show up on anyone's radar. "He's played 4 years of college, he's hit his ceiling"

Then during Summer League he won Finals MVP "It's only Summer League"

During the preseason he, at one point, led the entire league in total scoring "It's only preseason"

Now he's broken or equalled 4 Lakers records and one or two NBA records for a rookie and still nobody will give him credit.

So what more do you expect a rookie to do?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, say we make that deal. who do we surround Leonard WITH...?

it was like when were told to sell the entire team for Westbrook...

Still have Lonzo, Randle and Hart. There would also be room for another max or at least, near max, guy.

Leonard, when healthy, is in the convo for best player in the league.

Also, selling the team for Westbrook would be stupid because he insists on being a 1 man show. Kawhi doesn't have that problem.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would trade anyone for Leonard. Considering Lebron's age and mileage, Leonard is the best all around player int he NBA just unmotivated because the Spurs have always been SHIT in terms of attracting enough talent.

If Leonard is motivated, he's the best in the game today

LOL I love it, a new way to be stupid that doesn't involve LeBron. Yeah the Spurs have always been a shit organization that doesn't know how to win. Everyone konws it, especially you and Kawhi.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still have Lonzo, Randle and Hart. There would also be room for another max or at least, near max, guy.

Leonard, when healthy, is in the convo for best player in the league.

Also, selling the team for Westbrook would be stupid because he insists on being a 1 man show. Kawhi doesn't have that problem.

lol, well you DO have me on the last sentence since Leonard's been virtually egoless for his career...

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL I love it, a new way to be stupid that doesn't involve LeBron. Yeah the Spurs have always been a shit organization that doesn't know how to win. Everyone konws it, especially you and Kawhi.

The Spurs relied on a CORE base for years and added to it. They aren't exactly known for recruiting for talent.

They lucked out in developing Leonard a superstar.

Listen Einstein, if the Spurs were so great, Leonard wouldn't be leaving now would he?? :L

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, I'm saying it's likely he won't get significantly better. There's a reason he was a 3 year college player and not a 1 and done.
Now he's broken or equalled 4 Lakers records and one or two NBA records for a rookie and still nobody will give him credit.

It's not about how much more he can do. It's about how much better he can get. If he puts in the work, he will likely get a bit better. If nothing else, he'll learn the ins and outs of the NBA and that will help. But, unless he's just an extremely late bloomer (like the latest bloomer ever) he just doesn't have the upside of the younger guys and he won't be a top 5 player in the league like Kawhi.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs relied on a CORE base for years and added to it. They aren't exactly known for recruiting for talent.

They lucked out in developing Leonard a superstar.

Listen Einstein, if the Spurs were so great, Leonard wouldn't be leaving now would he?? :L

Hey I was agreeing with you, you and Kawhi know it, the rest of us are stupid. I get it.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, unless he's just an extremely late bloomer (like the latest bloomer ever) he just doesn't have the upside of the younger guys and he won't be a top 5 player in the league like Kawhi.

I agree. That's why a straight up trade for him and Leonard would be ridiculous.

But Kuzma AND Ingram.

Nope!

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:lol:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

During the draft, he didn't show up on anyone's radar. "He's played 4 years of college, he's hit his ceiling"

Then during Summer League he won Finals MVP "It's only Summer League"

During the preseason he, at one point, led the entire league in total scoring "It's only preseason"

Did you really just use the Summer league and preseason as reasons why Kuzma could turn into a superstar?

You have lost all objectivity.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. That's why a straight up trade for him and Leonard would be ridiculous.

But Kuzma AND Ingram.

Nope!

I disagree. Kawhi is a proven top 5 player in the league who, when healthy, is in the convo for best player in the league and he's still young.

Ingram and Kuzma have only proven they have potential and still need work. We have no idea how good they will be.

If that trade (which will never be offered) were actually offered, there is far greater chance that the Lakers would regret turning it down than regretting they didn't.

End of the day, if Kawhi and the Spurs part ways, they will likely get better offers than Ingram and Kuzma anyway.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you really just use the Summer league and preseason as reasons why Kuzma could turn into a superstar?

You have lost all objectivity.

I used it as an example of people writing him off.

Even you should have seen that.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But Kuzma AND Ingram.

Nope!

If the Spurs offered Leonard for Ingram and Kuzma and the Lakers refused, Jeanie Buss should immediately fire their entire front office for abject incompetence.

FTR, if the Spurs accepted that offer, their front office should be fired immediately regardless of past success.

There is a 1 in 10 chance that Ingram could become a superstar. There is a dramatically smaller chance for Kuzma.