• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would You Trade Ingram & Kuzma For Leonard?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,101.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree - but I am not open to sending both Kuzma and Ingram to SA for the Leonard - I think it's too much unless Leonard shows that he is healthy, is willing to opt in to his contract and give the Lakers both of the two years on his contract and is happy to play for the Lakers. We don't need another Dwight Coward

You're a fucking joke and clown.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kuzma played 3 years of college ball.....he has reached his ceiling basically in his rookie season.

He may get a little better but no way will he ever be a superstar.

Ingram, maybe. He played 1 season of college ball and is in his 2nd NBA season. However, he needs to eat a bazillion cheeseburgers in the next year.

Kuzma also red-shirted, so he was a 4 year guy in college. I think he can get better, but odds are he isn't going to reach being a top 10 player in the league.

Kuzma is having a good season, but nobody is really talking about Aaron Gordon, and I only say that because Aaron Gordon is 3 months younger than Kuzma. Really puts his age into perspective.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The player option isn't next season. It's 2019-2020.
Yes - I know - I am calling the 2019-200 next season - for me the 17-18 is gone and we are looking at the 18-19 season and that's partly my concern - is the Leonard opts out in 2019 and we have no Ingram and no Kuzma or anything to replace him. If healthy I think it reasonable to say that Leonard would be an excellent player to play with LeBron and Paul George, but to make that trade before you have even spoke to the free agents - seems premature to me.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kuzma also red-shirted, so he was a 4 year guy in college. I think he can get better, but odds are he isn't going to reach being a top 10 player in the league.

Kuzma is having a good season, but nobody is really talking about Aaron Gordon, and I only say that because Aaron Gordon is 3 months younger than Kuzma. Really puts his age into perspective.
That's what they said about him last year before the draft

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,101.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. Kuzma is basically what he will be.

He might get a little better but not much better.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am on the fence on this trade if it included Deng - which the Spurs would never agree to - If I didn't say that - I should have - I don't think any one is going to be that stupid. Lakers should have bought out Deng this year even if they had to pay him everything they owed so that he came of the books for next year.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would trade anyone for Leonard. Considering Lebron's age and mileage, Leonard is the best all around player int he NBA just unmotivated because the Spurs have always been SHIT in terms of attracting enough talent.

If Leonard is motivated, he's the best in the game today

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would trade anyone for Leonard. Considering Lebron's age and mileage, Leonard is the best all around player in the NBA just unmotivated because the Spurs have always been SHIT in terms of attracting enough talent.

Shouldn't the 18,848,625 he got paid last year be enough to motivate him and do what he was being highly paid to do?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't take any deal where the Lakers have to give up both Ingram and Kuzma for a player like Leonard at this point. for several reason

1. One year left at the best if he leaves - the Lakers have nothing after next season - If they don't sign anyone this year and you won't know that until free agency has started
2. To many unknowns about his injury - vs being disgruntled

Yes I know the cost of them taking Deng - but they can waive him and stretch him easily and by waiting one more year - they can move him next year easily - I already told you that it wasn't going to happen, but

Their offer of Leonard for Kuzma and Ingram is also unrealistic and the salaries don't match up. To get the two players they want - they will have to tank it for at least one extra full year and even then there is no guarantee they could do that good. The Lakers are pretty sure to make the playoffs - I am good to play the waiting game for something that is guaranteed. Offensively - Both players are already there and then some - what makes Leonard better is the defense and as important as that is - Good defense can be made less effective for another year or two with pushing the ball faster. This is Kuzma's first year only - I don't agree at all that Kuzma or Ingram can't become really good defenders - that's the only thing that the Spurs have to hang their hat on for that trade.

You think that Ingram and Kuzma are already as good offensively as Kawhi Leonard?

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shouldn't the 18,848,625 he got paid last year be enough to motivate him and do what he was being highly paid to do?

You gotta have a good team around you. To challenge a team like the Warriors with three future HOFers

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would trade anyone for Leonard. Considering Lebron's age and mileage, Leonard is the best all around player int he NBA just unmotivated because the Spurs have always been SHIT in terms of attracting enough talent.

At worst, he is a top 10 player. More likely top 5 or even top 3. Going forward? He could be the best overall player in the league.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think that Ingram and Kuzma are already as good offensively as Kawhi Leonard?

Yes. They're better defensive players as well. I think. I could be wrong though.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3