• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would You Trade Ingram & Kuzma For Leonard?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spurs wouldn't do that. I think they would need a 1st round pick included
LMFAO....

Pop is not taking that shit deal.

If the Spurs end up trading Kawhi, they will get significantly better offers than Ingram and Kuz.

So, taking Deng is completely ridiculous.

For the record, I am all aboard the Ingram hype train.

I think he has star potential.

But, he's still a few years away.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, I am all aboard the Ingram hype train.

I think he has star potential.

But, he's still a few years away.

Yeah I agree. I've seen some significant improvement in his game this year. I'm a Duke fan so I always will like Ingram

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in my case i wasn't real sure what we'd be left with...

sorry, but i'd say that's a legit concern...
It is.

Look at what it did to the Knicks when they traded for Anthony.

They gutted their depth and then doubled down on the stupid by giving Amare and his one knee a deal that screwed up their chances to add meaningful pieces.

This situation is different though because you have oodles of cap.

It's a gamble trading for a injured guy

But, a calculated risk....imo

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you really just use the Summer league and preseason as reasons why Kuzma could turn into a superstar?

You have lost all objectivity.

Don't worry. She's never had any.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting a franchise player is not a panic move.

You are overvaluing your players.

I remember seeing people say the Cavs were going to regret trading Wiggins for Love because Wiggins COULD develop into a star.

Yeah, he hasn't.

Serious question: Which scenario do you think would entice Lebron and George to come to the Lakers more?

Playing with Kuzma and Ingram or playing with Kawhi?

You trade 4 quarters for a dollar 10 times out of 10.

That ain't even 4 quarters.

It is 3 dimes and a nickel.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kawhi isn't a max player?

I'm DEAD.

I can get on board with not wanting to gut your roster for a guy with injury concerns.

But, if he's healthy, Kawhi is a top 3-5 player in the NBA....at worst.

I'm no Stephen Hawking of basketball knowledge.

But, it's like some of ya'll don't have a fucking clue and just spout the most random bullshit.
Two concerns

Healthy and fully recovered when October comes - I personally do not find it appealing to take a player like Dwight Howard was - That was a one year rental

Leonard has a player option next summer - if he agrees to opt in for next year and gives the Lakers the two years left on the contract - then yeah - but why take a player who is going to be one in 82 games? - Then the Lakers don't Have Ingram, Kuzma or Leonard.

That does not make any sense to me -

Max Contract - The dude is getting 18 million - I think that's enough - The Lakers can't afford to give out 30 million a year contracts to a lot of players - I thought Kobe's 25 million was insane.

Okay I lied - one more concern which makes it three - Sorry - but the rumors that Leonard can play but won't need to be clarified behind closed doors first. If Leonard is unhappy with the Spurs and want's out - Magic would need to know that He is okay with the Lakers and will give it everything. Otherwise were spinning wheels without moving

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two concerns

Healthy and fully recovered when October comes - I personally do not find it appealing to take a player like Dwight Howard was - That was a one year rental

Leonard has a player option next summer - if he agrees to opt in for next year and gives the Lakers the two years left on the contract - then yeah - but why take a player who is going to be one in 82 games? - Then the Lakers don't Have Ingram, Kuzma or Leonard.

That does not make any sense to me -

Max Contract - The dude is getting 18 million - I think that's enough - The Lakers can't afford to give out 30 million a year contracts to a lot of players - I thought Kobe's 25 million was insane.

Okay I lied - one more concern which makes it three - Sorry - but the rumors that Leonard can play but won't need to be clarified behind closed doors first. If Leonard is unhappy with the Spurs and want's out - Magic would need to know that He is okay with the Lakers and will give it everything. Otherwise were spinning wheels without moving

$18 million is enough?

This is utter crap. Kobe was 5 years ago and he wasn't an elite player anymore. There are guys in the league making 35-40. Yet, you want to pay Kawhi Leonard, a top 3 player in the league $18 million because you think it is enough.

Just stop posting. You are digging yourself an enormous hole.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$18 million is enough?

This is utter crap. Kobe was 5 years ago and he wasn't an elite player anymore. There are guys in the league making 35-40. Yet, you want to pay Kawhi Leonard, a top 3 player in the league $18 million because you think it is enough.

Just stop posting. You are digging yourself an enormous hole.
I already said I thought Kobe's salary was insane - Why are you bitching about that like a female dog in heat. Fuck off

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a proven superstar. Kuzma and Ingram are not and there's no guarantee that they ever become superstars.

Magic would accept the deal mentioned in the OP in less than 30 seconds

He'd also end the conversation with "No take backs", turn off his phone, immediately fly Ingram and Kuzma on the Lakers charter to SA himself and pick up Kawhi while there.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
trust me, i get the superstar part. still gotta have pieces to go WITH that superstar or what's it all for...?

now tf12 did mention we'd still have a few pieces in place, but would it be enough...?

With what they could add given they'd still have cap space? Absolutely.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already said I thought Kobe's salary was insane - Why are you bitching about that like a female dog in heat. Fuck off

You are rambling and don't know what the hell you are talking about.

Kobe's salary was before the cap hike. Those numbers are dwarfed by today's salaries, yet you want to pay Kawhi less than Kobe made, after trading two prospects and the worst contract in basketball to land him.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is this stupid shit even being talked about?? SA will not trade Leonard for anything the Lakers have on the roster. How about Ball? That makes as much sense. Laker fans think he's the next coming of Christ. Lakers have a couple of good young players. Maybe they turn into something maybe not.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is this stupid shit even being talked about?? SA will not trade Leonard for anything the Lakers have on the roster. How about Ball? That makes as much sense. Laker fans think he's the next coming of Christ. Lakers have a couple of good young players. Maybe they turn into something maybe not.

If the Lakers offered Ball, Ingram and either Hart or a pick, it would be a reasonable return and would give them a shot. Ball and Ingram both have legit star potential, neither are likely to be as good as Kawhi is today.

But, the Lakers won't offer that, nor should they.

Bottom line, Kuzma and Ingram ain't enough and some of these guys won't even pay that.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lakers offered Ball, Ingram and either Hart or a pick, it would be a reasonable return and would give them a shot. Ball and Ingram both have legit star potential, neither are likely to be as good as Kawhi is today.

But, the Lakers won't offer that, nor should they.

Bottom line, Kuzma and Ingram ain't enough and some of these guys won't even pay that.

I don’t quite get why Kuzma is considered anything special. He’s a good player for them and they should be happy it seems like he’ll be a valuable NBA contributor, but I don’t know if he’s even a starter on a competitive team. Even if he is, he’s replaceable. So they’d basically be trading Ingram for Leonard, which is partly why the Spurs would never do the trade.

Look at what the Cavs got for Kyrie Irving. All-star quality PG, starting caliber SF, 20 year old rookie center, potential future top 10 pick (many thought it’d be higher than it is). Spurs should be looking for that type of return.