• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would LeBron ever consider playing for Portland?

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of Cleveland, that's the only situation that makes any sort of sense given each team's cap situation. They have a solid young nucleus in place that includes Lilliard, McCollum, and Plumlee - And LeBron could just settle in as the team's #3 scoring option as his career winds down.

But, he'd probably commit suicide before he played in such a small market like that.

Some people just never grow up, as he continues to make dumb headlines, and that is ultimately why he'll have to be satisfied with the two rings he won with Wade's team.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obsessed much...I think so

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Not at all.

Portland doesn't need a LeBron anyways. They need to go find a Draymond type player or guy that can do the dirty work.

One guy hitting FA that would be a nice fit would be Evan Turner.. he isn't a big name, but he's quietly having an incredible year off the bench for Boston as a super sub. Go out and get a big man + Turner and Portland is in business.

Ryan Anderson, Al Horford, Hassan Whiteside, Joakim Noah, & Festus Ezeli all make sense to a degree. They don't need a splash. Just add a couple nice pieces that can contribute and keep drafting well and they'll be contending in a year or two.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the others.

I also find LeBron's obsession about playing with an elite Ball handler a little ironic. He has always been tied to CP3, Wade, and when he first arrived in Cleveland he was excited about playing with Kyrie.

LeBron is horribly miscast as a wing player. Some have suggested he play 4. While I agree that would create mismatches, the ideal position for LBJ is point. He is the primary ball handler. It does not matter if somebody else brings the ball up, let LBJ run the offense and put a bunch of shooters around him. Playing with a top ball handler lightens LeBron's load, but it does not suit his skill sets.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is chasing rings right now. There's no way he leaves the East, with the West being as strong as it is right now.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of Cleveland, that's the only situation that makes any sort of sense given each team's cap situation. They have a solid young nucleus in place that includes Lilliard, McCollum, and Plumlee - And LeBron could just settle in as the team's #3 scoring option as his career winds down.

But, he'd probably commit suicide before he played in such a small market like that.

Some people just never grow up, as he continues to make dumb headlines, and that is ultimately why he'll have to be satisfied with the two rings he won with Wade's team.

He plays in Cleveland, they're just as small of a market if not smaller.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is chasing rings right now. There's no way he leaves the East, with the West being as strong as it is right now.

Agreed. Hard to imagine wanting to go to a conference where the Thunder are a distant 3rd best team.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am not sure I agree with that. Depends on the situation.

Being in the East and getting to the Finals is irrelevant if his team is not good enough to beat the Warriors and Spurs. Moving to the right situation in the West could provide much higher probability of a ring, even if the road to the Finals is more difficult.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure I agree with that. Depends on the situation.

Being in the East and getting to the Finals is irrelevant if his team is not good enough to beat the Warriors and Spurs. Moving to the right situation in the West could provide much higher probability of a ring, even if the road to the Finals is more difficult.

If you have to run the gauntlet of great teams just to get to the finals, playing 6 and 7 game series at your best, that's going to take it's toll over the course of the playoffs. If you have a shot at coasting through to the finals, you've already given yourself the best possible shot at a ring, even if your team might be inferior to the others.

Lets say I give you the opportunity to win 1 Million dollars, winner take all. You have to win 3 50/50 coin flips in a row just to make it to the finals where you'll have an opportunity to play for the million dollars. But when you get to the finals the odds are weighted in your favor 3 to 1. Or I give you the opportunity to win one coin flip and make it to the finals. But in the finals your odds will be weighted against you 3 to 1. Which one would you choose?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have to run the gauntlet of great teams just to get to the finals, playing 6 and 7 game series at your best, that's going to take it's toll over the course of the playoffs. If you have a shot at coasting through to the finals, you've already given yourself the best possible shot at a ring, even if your team might be inferior to the others.

Lets say I give you the opportunity to win 1 Million dollars, winner take all. You have to win 3 50/50 coin flips in a row just to make it to the finals where you'll have an opportunity to play for the million dollars. But when you get to the finals the odds are weighted in your favor 3 to 1. Or I give you the opportunity to win one coin flip and make it to the finals. But in the finals your odds will be weighted against you 3 to 1. Which one would you choose?

If that were the case, I would take the second option. I don't think it is though.

I think LeBron's current odds are about 10-1 against in the Finals. If he could find the right situation in the East, I would agree. Just not sure it is there.

Besides, if the Spurs all retire and Durant leaves OKC, the West might not be nearly as strong. No true contender should fear the Clippers.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that were the case, I would take the second option. I don't think it is though.

I think LeBron's current odds are about 10-1 against in the Finals. If he could find the right situation in the East, I would agree. Just not sure it is there.

Besides, if the Spurs all retire and Durant leaves OKC, the West might not be nearly as strong. No true contender should fear the Clippers.

That's true. Balance of power really depends on this upcoming off-season.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think LeBron's current odds are about 10-1 against in the Finals.

:eek:

I realize that you are the unbiased party and I'm the biased party in this scenario... but this perception is just crazy to me. This may be a rare situation where my bias brings me closer to reality.

I understand and agree with the Cavs being underdogs vs the Spurs or Warriors... but 10-1???? Get serious.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the others.

I also find LeBron's obsession about playing with an elite Ball handler a little ironic. He has always been tied to CP3, Wade, and when he first arrived in Cleveland he was excited about playing with Kyrie.

LeBron is horribly miscast as a wing player. Some have suggested he play 4. While I agree that would create mismatches, the ideal position for LBJ is point. He is the primary ball handler. It does not matter if somebody else brings the ball up, let LBJ run the offense and put a bunch of shooters around him. Playing with a top ball handler lightens LeBron's load, but it does not suit his skill sets.

It's more like an obsession that he needs a champion to be a champion.

Does he not understand how his legacy is going to go down. He keeps telling us he needs X to win.
He just does not understand that he needs to be the X.

Lebron will never live up to his own legend if he cannot stand up and say:

"I am all you need to go all the way" instead of saying:

"He is all i need to go all the way"

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol.....good post...lets see

1/2 x 1/2 x 1/2 = 1/8 = 12.5%

1/2= 50%

so.....you have a 12.5% chance of getting to the Finals and would win that 3 out of 4 times. .125 x .75 = .09375 = roughly 9.4% chance

as opposed to- 50% times 25% = .5 x .25 = .125 or roughly 12.5% chance