• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

World Series Champions, Texas Rangers 2023-2024 Offseason Thread

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't sleep on the possibility of Dane Acker making some starts for the Rangers at some point this year.

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the TV deal ends up going south you have to wonder if MadBum could end up being a fall back plan considering he's pretty rested now and has history with Bochy :scratch:

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His MO has become apparent. I don't have to make an assumption. I can simply watch him operate.

Your assumption that I have a total dislike for him is as wrong as it can be. There is one area of building the big league team that I have a problem with. One. I even give him the benefit of the doubt in that one area because I think he learned it from JD, and I have hope that someday he will realize JD was dead wrong.
lol a guy from Princeton is brainwashed by JD??

Maybe he should get the benefit of the doubt and maybe we can wait a little

but yeah I do think a late inning piece would help alot

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't sleep on the possibility of Dane Acker making some starts for the Rangers at some point this year.
I think I would not rule out Teodo either

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Rangers had $50 million to spend right now, I think CY would spend it all on starting pitching.
They are not going to spend any significant amount of money on any area. It will possibly be another bullpen or SP piece that is along the lines of the Milb signings they have already made for depth.

They don’t want to pay the luxury tax and they were never in on Ohtani, Hader or Montgomery. CY was basically blowing smoke. He was never going to come out and say definitively that they won’t be paying any big contracts this year and disappoint fans or let other teams know.

They’re going to roll with whatever they have internally and hope it works out. The offense will be fine with the additions of Foscue and Langford. The bullpen will suck again and depth at SP will be a problem in the first half of the season if anyone gets hurt.

They didn’t do anything to address the last decade’s glaring problems in the bullpen per their usual organizational mindset.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol a guy from Princeton is brainwashed by JD??

Maybe he should get the benefit of the doubt and maybe we can wait a little

but yeah I do think a late inning piece would help alot
Well, when you used the word "brainwashed" it was the first use of the word in the discussion.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I would not rule out Teodo either
Yeah, i think it was Wilson who mentioned that recently as well. The bullpen will certainly require all hands on deck, even minor league hands.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he should get the benefit of the maybe we can wait a little
I thought I was doing just that every time I mention that maybe CY would eventually decide that what he learned from JD was dead wrong.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I think this has been a reality check this off season re ownership spending and FWIW they never spent like the past 2 prev seasons ever And I think it was ownership that put the brakes on the rebuild due to a new stadium

To think we were going to add up to 5 stud relievers this off-season was just unrealistic. They are not Steve Cohen and no one is

So maybe the philosophy of spending market prices in the top relievers is just a choice to allocate limited resources and that may be towards Monty.
So to me I feel fortunate they finally spent
And his choice to go after SP over relief help
sure did pay off last postseason worked
Heaney to the pen definitely met my approval

So I will wait this out. While not be surprised if there is a gentleman’s contract pending pitchers report date

Moral of the story post mortum JD bashing is unfounded He never had the money to spend
But if you bash for his choice of mgrs I get that although his and the MLB darling is getting his 2nd chance.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His MO has become apparent. I don't have to make an assumption. I can simply watch him operate.

Your assumption that I have a total dislike for him is as wrong as it can be. There is one area of building the big league team that I have a problem with. One. I even give him the benefit of the doubt in that one area because I think he learned it from JD, and I have hope that someday he will realize JD was dead wrong.

You dislike very few but your assessment is tinged in duality. You have a problem with how they both build a team yet we wins a WS

Which brings ups did we deserve it? Were we the best team or just lucky.

I think some luck or destiny always comes into play

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2023 Rangers were well constructed for post season play much more so than regular season

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
earlier i was wrong when i posted that the Rangers have only spent $10M for 2024 on free agents. i forgot Kinzler so it's actually $11.875M. doesn't sound to me like CY had much of stockpile of cash to play with.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You dislike very few but your assessment is tinged in duality. You have a problem with how they both build a team yet we wins a WS

Not how they built a team, but the bullpen. I am not alone in that either.

The bullpen came within a hair of keeping us out of the postseason. That should not be swept under the rug.

I don't care about deserving anything or destiny.

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I was doing just that every time I mention that maybe CY would eventually decide that what he learned from JD was dead wrong.
I doubt very much that CY learned Jack Schitt from JD. CY is/was a SP and has been around the game and good managers long enough to have learned good tactics and make decent decisions...

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To balance things out somewhat, I would like to say that overall, I have no problem with not spending much on areas other than the bullpen. I like our rotation as it is and I like the possible lineup and bench.

I am really looking forward to seeing both Langford and Foscue added to the lineup.

I hope some young pitchers like Kent, White, Winn and Leiter can show in ST that they can be depended upon to serve as reliable depth.

The future is bright if we can keep our top prospects around.
I doubt if CY spends any more on anyone. Looks like he has told the owners that they’re good with what they have.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not how they built a team, but the bullpen. I am not alone in that either.

The bullpen came within a hair of keeping us out of the postseason. That should not be swept under the rug.

I don't care about deserving anything or destiny.
Yes it is true we were close to not qualifying but it is also true we were close to winning 2011

I think one could easily argue the 2011 was more deserving.

However I still stand that last years team WS built for the postseason

The KC model is not necessarily the perfect model

Reality is there are limited resources ans last years for it done without an elite pen

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think a little of both. They were really lucky to get into the postseason with a bullpen with 30 blown saves.