• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

World Series Champions, Texas Rangers 2023-2024 Offseason Thread

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes heads the same thing but it is the following years that FO appears to want more clarity on
But they have some expiring SP contracts that can come into play
I don't think they are going to know about the following years until they work out a new deal with another company. Like Jeff Wilson said recently, coming off winning the World Series, they won't have any problems finding a new lucrative deal.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think the luxury tax controls their overall spending nore than the TV revenue uncertainty. It is understandable that they don't want to approach that second tier of tax.

It is how they divi up their spending that I disagree with. A year ago they should have trusted a young starting pitcher and spent the Heaney money on 2 relievers. We would still have Ragans had they done that. It is a very flawed philosophy that they have regarding building a bullpen.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i remember CY saying that. what else would you have expected him to say? "We are cash strapped and will not be pursuing free agents this off-season."

it still takes the OWNERS agreeing and freeing the cash for any signings and with the Rangers losing the $111M that they are owed by Diamond their pursue of free agents is severely handicapped.
I also remember CY saying they had the money to sign Ohtani. What did CY do pocket the money.

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also remember CY saying they had the money to sign Ohtani. What did CY do pocket the money.
i remember him saying that and then not another word about Ohtani and the Rangers. there were reports every week or so about him and the teams linked with him and not one time that i remember was the Rangers mentioned in any of those reports. Not saying that there weren't mentions about the Rangers and different free agents but those reports always counted the Rangers at the bottom of some list behind 4 or 5 or 6 other teams, the Rangers were included because of what they did in the previous 2 years and not because of any iron-clad rumors

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From previous reports, the Rangers know they will have at least $90 million in TV revenue this year. It isn't $110 million or nothing.
it started at $111M and during the court hearings the Diamond group pushed for a lower value. if you believe the Rangers have agreed to accept $90M where's the proof? Diamond wants the Judge to cut it even farther. Cleveland is owed $50M and they want them to accept less than half

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hader to the Astros for $95mil.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it started at $111M and during the court hearings the Diamond group pushed for a lower value. if you believe the Rangers have agreed to accept $90M where's the proof? Diamond wants the Judge to cut it even farther. Cleveland is owed $50M and they want them to accept less than half
I believe MLB will up the 90 million to Rangers if it falls flat but nothing thereafter

We have been sorely disappointed in the owners spending over the years but they stepped up and we got a trophy.
I can be patient for a bit

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said the Rangers agreed. Obviously, they didn't. That is supposedly the offer though. The Rangers are holding out for it all, but it was reported they were offered $90 million. If there never is an agreement MLB will do what they did for a couple of teams last year and pay what is owed and assume the rights themselves for 2024.

I think the Rangers are holding out for the full sum because they know they can get that elsewhere, or close to it.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe MLB will up the 90 million to Rangers if it falls flat but nothing thereafter

We have been sorely disappointed in the owners spending over the years but they stepped up and we got a trophy.
Yes, the spending has been as much or more than can be expected. The owners aren't the problem.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, the spending has been as much or more than can be expected. The owners aren't the problem.
It's what the money was spent on and it was'nt relief pitching.

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the owners don't make the money available it is os on them. do you actually believe that CY can just negotiate with free agents and sign them without the owners approving the amount?

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's what the money was spent on and it was'nt relief pitching.
other than Mahle and Yates who was it spent on this off-season? the Rangers free agent spending this off-season has been $10M

Last edited:

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It’s hard to be patient when the good pitchers are coming off the table. It’s like the Rangers are saying we got our championship, we’re not going to try getting another one.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the owners don't make the money available it is os on them. do you actually believe that CY can just negotiate with free agents and sign them without the owners approving the amount?
That's funny coming from the guy who fully expected them to spend on 5 relievers, including Hader, Garver, Jankowski, and Montgomery.

I am the one who told you we wouldn't be spending nearly that much.

I think the owners are willing to spend what it would have taken to either sign Hader or 2 good relievers. CY wants to spend it elsewhere.

Even last year when they spent a ton, the bullpen took a backseat to everything else. It isn't a budget problem, it is a philosophy problem. That was proven a year ago.

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's funny coming from the guy who fully expected them to spend on 5 relievers, including Hader, Garver, Jankowski, and Montgomery.

I am the one who told you we wouldn't be spending nearly that much.

I think the owners are willing to spend what it would have taken to either sign Hader or 2 good relievers. CY wants to spend it elsewhere.

Even last year when they spent a ton, the bullpen took a backseat to everything else. It isn't a budget problem, it is a philosophy problem. That was proven a year ago.
and you base that assumption on what? who does CY want instead of relievers? you seem to have developed a total dislike for CY.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To balance things out somewhat, I would like to say that overall, I have no problem with not spending much on areas other than the bullpen. I like our rotation as it is and I like the possible lineup and bench.

I am really looking forward to seeing both Langford and Foscue added to the lineup.

I hope some young pitchers like Kent, White, Winn and Leiter can show in ST that they can be depended upon to serve as reliable depth.

The future is bright if we can keep our top prospects around.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and you base that assumption on what? who does CY want instead of relievers? you seem to have developed a total dislike for CY.
His MO has become apparent. I don't have to make an assumption. I can simply watch him operate.

Your assumption that I have a total dislike for him is as wrong as it can be. There is one area of building the big league team that I have a problem with. One. I even give him the benefit of the doubt in that one area because I think he learned it from JD, and I have hope that someday he will realize JD was dead wrong.