• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

World Series Champions, Texas Rangers 2023-2024 Offseason Thread

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically the Rangers are not going to spend much, if anything and just hope to make it to the AS break and trade deadline with their current roster and hope when all the injured pitching comes back, that it can carry them. Really poor plan IMO
I think they backed themselves into a corner by overspending leading up to now. They may have to actually continue to finish the rebuild and hope for a little magic along the way.

I kind of think they are actually going to sign Martin Perez again and maybe Stephenson for the bullpen.

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they backed themselves into a corner by overspending leading up to now. They may have to actually continue to finish the rebuild and hope for a little magic along the way.

I kind of think they are actually going to sign Martin Perez again and maybe Stephenson for the bullpen.
At this point they are going to have to pick some spots to go cheaper at - most likely DH with someone like Foscue, and at SP (Letting Monty walk and rolling with a guy like Bradford in the rotation instead). Backup catcher is likely Huff's spot as well. Wonder if they'll leave guys like White and Kent in AAA as SP depth (as they should) or if they will try and do with them what they did with Dunning last year by using them out of the pen? Not my preference personally, but they might have other plans.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point they are going to have to pick some spots to go cheaper at - most likely DH with someone like Foscue, and at SP (Letting Monty walk and rolling with a guy like Bradford in the rotation instead). Backup catcher is likely Huff's spot as well. Wonder if they'll leave guys like White and Kent in AAA as SP depth (as they should) or if they will try and do with them what they did with Dunning last year by using them out of the pen? Not my preference personally, but they might have other plans.
I think White and Kent are still behind where Dunning was last offseason. I sure hope they don't put them into the pen. I think I would rather have both Church and Kelley in the pen than do that. I guess the pen for now is:

Leclerc
Yates
Sborz
Burke
Anderson
Hernandez

I think they will find a couple of cheaper bullpen guys to compete with Church and Kelly. Maybe they can afford a guy like Stevenson as well.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think White and Kent are still behind where Dunning was last offseason. I sure hope they don't put them into the pen. I think I would rather have both Church and Kelley in the pen than do that. I guess the pen for now is:

Leclerc
Yates
Sborz
Burke
Anderson
Hernandez

I think they will find a couple of cheaper bullpen guys to compete with Church and Kelly. Maybe they can afford a guy like Stevenson as well.
I like most of that but not Anderson. JHern is on the bubble. We need a couple other pieces added to that pen.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like most of that but not Anderson. JHern is on the bubble. We need a couple other pieces added to that pen.
I forgot about Latz. I would imagine he is in their plans since they left him on the roster.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Baseball America:

Projected 2027 Lineup

Catcher: Jonah Heim (32)
First Base: Nathaniel Lowe (31)
Second Base: Marcus Semien (36)
Third Base: Josh Jung (29)
Shortstop: Corey Seager (33)
Left Field: Wyatt Langford (25)
Center Field: Evan Carter (24)
Right Field: Sebastian Walcott (21)
Designated Hitter: Justin Foscue (28)
No. 1 Starter: Jacob deGrom (39)
No. 2 Starter: Owen White (27)
No. 3 Starter: Brock Porter (24)
No. 4 Starter: Dane Dunning (32)
No. 5 Starter: Cody Bradford (29)
Closer: Kumar Rocker (27)

Best Tools

Best Hitter for Average: Justin Foscue
Best Power Hitter: Abimelec Ortiz
Best Strike-Zone Discipline: Evan Carter
Fastest Baserunner: Evan Carter
Best Athlete: Sebastian Walcott
Best Fastball: Jack Leiter
Best Curveball: Owen White
Best Slider: Jose Corniell
Best Changeup: Brock Porter
Best Control: Jose Corniell
Best Defensive Catcher: Matt Whatley
Best Defensive Infielder: Cam Cauley
Best Infield Arm: Cam Cauley
Best Defensive Outfielder: Evan Carter
Best Outfield Arm: Daniel Mateo

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have no problem with the Rangers signing Trevor Bauer to an incentive laden contract but there are apparently other women who have accused him of sexual misconduct that haven't been resolved. would hate to sign him to a contract and have the MLB ban him again while under a Ranger contract.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have no problem with the Rangers signing Trevor Bauer to an incentive laden contract but there are apparently other women who have accused him of sexual misconduct that haven't been resolved. would hate to sign him to a contract and have the MLB ban him again while under a Ranger contract.
Lol. Maybe he could be on a tag team with one of the other pitchers. He pitches the first half. Then he gets banned and one of the injured guys takes his place.

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Perez to Pittsburgh

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure hope CY isn’t done getting relief pitching for the back end of the bullpen. I would like the Rangers to have a decent chance to defend the title.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought by now most of our pitching needs would be setteled. As always it seems to be beyond FO to recognize the need.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the market remains slow for a while. Many are not buying

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure hope CY isn’t done getting relief pitching for the back end of the bullpen. I would like the Rangers to have a decent chance to defend the title.
I agree. When you blow more saves than saves you just barely make it into the playoffs and you have done very little to improve the bullpen then you would hope there would be a couple more moves. Having Gray and Heaney in the pen in the playoffs helped a lot along with the resurgence of Sborz.

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as of right now, the Rangers will open the season with 4 pitchers on the 60-day IL: Jacob deGrom (due back August/September), Max Scherzer (due back in June/July), Tyler Mahle (due back in June/July) and Carson Coleman (due back in June)