• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

World Series Champions, Texas Rangers 2023-2024 Offseason Thread

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as of right now, the Rangers will open the season with 4 pitchers on the 60-day IL: Jacob deGrom (due back August/September), Max Scherzer (due back in June/July), Tyler Mahle (due back in June/July) and Carson Coleman (due back in June)
A lot of folks think we will add a fifth injured pitcher, in Kershaw. I hope not.

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of folks think we will add a fifth injured pitcher, in Kershaw. I hope not.
not me. i hope we add another starter that opens the season on the active roster. we need at least 6 or 7 starters on the active 40-man roster to allow for possible opening month injuries.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am thinking we need a little more SP depth major or MILB level Pretty risky and without SP you can burn a pen

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am thinking we need a little more SP depth major or MILB level Pretty risky and without SP you can burn a pen
same here we need to open the season with at least 7 starters available with 5 at the MLB level and at least 2 at the AAA level being stretched out and ready to move up in case of injury and a solid bullpen, right now we only have 5 total starters in Eovaldi, Dunning, Gray, Heaney and Bradford and only Dunning and Bradford have options. we need 2 more ready starters.
the bullpen we have Burke, Sborz, Leclerc & Yates leaving 4 positions still open. some will suggest Kelly, Hernandez and Anderson but we've seen what Hernandez & Anderson have brought last season. perhaps we can trade for Devin Williams and/or Justin Lawrence and sign Josh Hader or continue with the brand of bullpen we opened last season with

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely. We needed AAA pitchers to serve as immediate depth when we began the offseason. We also need at least one swing man in the pen, and maybe two of them. Then we need a mid-rotation type pitcher who we can maybe flip at the deadline when one of the injured guys returns.

Eovaldi
Gray
Bradford
Heaney
Acquisition

Leclerc
Yates
Acquisition
Sborz
Burke
Latz
Acquisition
Anderson

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely. We needed AAA pitchers to serve as immediate depth when we began the offseason. We also need at least one swing man in the pen, and maybe two of them. Then we need a mid-rotation type pitcher who we can maybe flip at the deadline when one of the injured guys returns.

Eovaldi
Gray
Bradford
Heaney
Acquisition

Leclerc
Yates
Acquisition
Sborz
Burke
Latz
Acquisition
Anderson
what you going to do with Dunning?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eovaldi
Gray
Bradford
Heaney
Acquisition

Leclerc
Yates
Acquisition
Sborz
Burke
Latz
Acquisition
Anderson
Make that:

Eovaldi
Dunning
Bradford
Gray
Heaney

Save the SP acquisitions for AAA depth and swing men for the pen.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't have minded the Rangers signing this guy.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From The Athletic:

Diamond, via its various Bally-branded regional sports networks, currently carries 11 MLB teams’ TV broadcasts: Los Angeles Angels, Milwaukee Brewers, Atlanta Braves, St. Louis Cardinals, Cleveland Guardians, Miami Marlins, Texas Rangers, Tampa Bay Rays, Cincinnati Reds, Kansas City Royals and Detroit Tigers.

But Diamond is said to currently only carry the digital rights to five of those teams: the Tigers, Royals, Marlins, Brewers and Rays.

Therefore, even if Diamond and Amazon do wind up with a court-approved arrangement, Diamond could not stream games via Amazon for any of its other MLB teams beyond those five. Of course, other teams and MLB could negotiate with Diamond for expanded digital rights access, but MLB and Diamond have not seen eye to eye on the worth of MLB’s streaming rights.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From The Athletic:

Diamond, via its various Bally-branded regional sports networks, currently carries 11 MLB teams’ TV broadcasts: Los Angeles Angels, Milwaukee Brewers, Atlanta Braves, St. Louis Cardinals, Cleveland Guardians, Miami Marlins, Texas Rangers, Tampa Bay Rays, Cincinnati Reds, Kansas City Royals and Detroit Tigers.

But Diamond is said to currently only carry the digital rights to five of those teams: the Tigers, Royals, Marlins, Brewers and Rays.

Therefore, even if Diamond and Amazon do wind up with a court-approved arrangement, Diamond could not stream games via Amazon for any of its other MLB teams beyond those five. Of course, other teams and MLB could negotiate with Diamond for expanded digital rights access, but MLB and Diamond have not seen eye to eye on the worth of MLB’s streaming rights.
Pretty big news. Sounds to me Rangers will not be streamed by Prime

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we add pitching but to me it is more likely we add Monty than Hader and more likely neither but maybe we do get a high leverage reliever. A lot of uncertainty $wise so these pickups can come later even at ST

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess if they had to start play today, the 26-man roster would be:

Heim
Huff

Lowe
Semien