• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Woodley Says Raiders Are A Playoff Team

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any franchise led by this guy is never making the playoffs.
markdavis1xoburkolhqm.jpg

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark Davis, Al's son.
The next generation of Raiders ownership.

I guess having lots of money still couldn't land Al Davis a hot wife to produce good looking kids.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could be me, but something just doesn't fit.
markdavis1xoburkolhqm.jpg 1317740536-raidersidio3.jpg

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Woodley wasn't driving when he said this. He was clearly drunk. Oakland may be going in the right direction but I see the 3 other AFCW teams being better. Give it another year or two, Oakland will challenge for the W title and make runs towards the SB.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Woodley wasn't driving when he said this. He was clearly drunk. Oakland may be going in the right direction but I see the 3 other AFCW teams being better. Give it another year or two, Oakland will challenge for the W title and make runs towards the SB.

Well I would hope when the team has been picking in the top-5 for over a decade now that they would start showing some signs of improvement. Nowhere to really go but up at this point. I will commend them for finally getting their Cap under control. The issue now though is still no top players want to go to Oakland. They have an owner who doesn't have a ton of extra money so giving out huge signing bonuses becomes out of the question. Throw in then the taxes in California, one of the oldest facilities and voted one of the worst in the league, a coaching staff that gets rotated all the time and it just is not an appealing place for veterans to want to go. The draft is about the only way the Raiders can do much. Now I will give them the last 2 drafts have looked pretty decent. Mack looks like a playmaker and Cooper was a very logical choice this year. I still have my doubts about Carr as honestly his stats this past year were worse than JaMarcus Russell's when he first started. To say he has shown signs of promise in my opinion is stretching it. I think he has shown very little. WE shall see though since he does now have Cooper to throw to.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I would hope when the team has been picking in the top-5 for over a decade now that they would start showing some signs of improvement. Nowhere to really go but up at this point. I will commend them for finally getting their Cap under control. The issue now though is still no top players want to go to Oakland. They have an owner who doesn't have a ton of extra money so giving out huge signing bonuses becomes out of the question. Throw in then the taxes in California, one of the oldest facilities and voted one of the worst in the league, a coaching staff that gets rotated all the time and it just is not an appealing place for veterans to want to go. The draft is about the only way the Raiders can do much. Now I will give them the last 2 drafts have looked pretty decent. Mack looks like a playmaker and Cooper was a very logical choice this year. I still have my doubts about Carr as honestly his stats this past year were worse than JaMarcus Russell's when he first started. To say he has shown signs of promise in my opinion is stretching it. I think he has shown very little. WE shall see though since he does now have Cooper to throw to.

Can't argue, but the Raiders mystique will bring in FA'S if they show they will contend.
I'm no Raiders fan but their past glory can be used to sell current players on the opportunity to bring back the greatness.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't argue, but the Raiders mystique will bring in FA'S if they show they will contend.
I'm no Raiders fan but their past glory can be used to sell current players on the opportunity to bring back the greatness.

I somewhat agree...The issue in my opinion though is a lot of these players today were not around during the good ol days of the Raiders. I mean most of these kids were born in the 90's now and the Raiders have won the AFC West only 3 times in that time span. So while history will matter to some many more will care more about the teams that have been relevant in the last 20 years.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raiders mystique

They have squandered whatever mystique in the last decade that they had before. Old guys can still think of those great Raider teams. 26 year old vets coming off of rookie contracts and hitting the FA market never saw Marcus Allen in a Raiders uniform. It's a different generation. To the current generation Oakland is lucky if they can get the players to recall the Jerry Rice/Tim Brown days.

The last couple of years guys like Woodley have been absolutely fleecing the Raiders on the open market. No legit player will sign a deal there so the Raiders have been having to vastly overpay over the hill vets well past their prime just so that they can get above the cap floor.

The only thing that can change the Raider's image with the current generation is going to start winning games with very little FA help (hard to do). Or a move to a brand new city and sort of a rebranding that makes them hip again. Luckily for the Raiders the later of those two routes starts next offseason.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raiders are definitely a team on the rise but I doubt they make the playoffs this year.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raiders are definitely a team on the rise but I doubt they make the playoffs this year.

When people say this all I can think is where else did they have to go? I mean they can't get much worse.

FantasyBelowZero

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about a Super Bowl run, but they are definitely going to be competitors in a few years. Derrick Carr looked like the long term QB last season, so hopefully they'll build talent around him to make a run.

That said, I still hate the Raiders.