• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Woodley Says Raiders Are A Playoff Team

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LaMarr Woodley, one of several high-profile free agents signed by the Oakland Raiders this offseason, thinks his new team will end its 11-year postseason drought.
"I can definitely see [the Raiders] as a playoff team," Woodley said Tuesday during a radio interview with 95.7 The Game. "Last year, going back and watching some film on the Raiders, there were a lot of opportunities here where they just didn't close it out."
The Raiders went 4-12 in 2013, their 11th consecutive season without a winning record. Oakland has not reached the postseason since appearing in Super Bowl XXXVII after the 2002 season.
But the Raiders were aggressive in free agency this offseason, adding a bevy of former Pro Bowlers, including Woodley, Justin Tuck, Maurice Jones-Drew and Carlos Rogers. Oakland also signed former Green Bay Packers wide receiver James Jones and acquired veteran quarterback Matt Schaub in a trade with the Houston Texans.
Woodley, who spent his first seven NFL seasons with the Pittsburgh Steelers, reiterated that he thinks Oakland, which lost six games by 10 points or fewer last season, will find a way to win close contests in 2014.
"Some games good in the first half, they just didn't close it out at the end of the game," the pass-rusher told 95.7 The Game. "So now we just have to learn how to close out games, and it'll be more wins than losses."
Several other Oakland newcomers echoed Woodley's sentiments Tuesday, the first day of the Raiders' voluntary offseason-workout program.
"Obviously, the record speaks for itself," Jones said. "I wasn't part of the team back then, but as we talked today, 4-12 is not good enough.
"When we played the Raiders in the past, we're kind of putting that 'win' on the board already. Now, everybody's got to look at their self in the mirror and we've got to understand that we really don't get no respect, and you're not going to get no respect when you're 4-12, so we've got to go out there and take it this year. And I believe we've got the right guys to do it."
Tuck, who won two Super Bowls during his nine-year stint with the New York Giants, also is excited about potentially reviving the Raiders.
"A lot of people always say you go to Oakland for your career to die," Tuck said. "I'm not looking at it like that. I'm looking at it like this is an opportunity to revive a storied franchise in a city with a great fan base behind this football team. The energy and excitement around this football team should be good. I'm excited about it."

LaMarr Woodley 'definitely' sees Oakland Raiders as playoff team - ESPN

Agree or disagree? They made some big moves in the off-season, on both sides of the ball.

poprocksncoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, of course im totally biased :D

Actually tho, with their schedule would be ecstatic if they finished 8-8

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the AFC. I wouldn't count anyone out.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol… Keep telling yourself whatever makes you feel better Woodley

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Schaub can be the Schaub of two years ago, iF MJD and DMC can stay healthy, if James Jones can be a #1, lot of if's

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
"I can definitely see [the Raiders] as a playoff team."

That was a mistake by the interviewer. Woodley said "Oakland," and the guy mistakenly assumed he meant "the Raiders." And Woodley said "the second-shittiest city in North America," but the guy wrote down "a playoff team."

It's a common mistake.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the GM thinks the same thing. Trade the 9ers first round pick for Oakland's first next season.

9ers need the first overall pick to go along with the 32nd pick next year.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol… Keep telling yourself whatever makes you feel better Woodley

He also said that he hopes Big Ben can some how engineer some wins so his new team the Raiders can face the Steelers in the Playoffs, I guess he's mad that the Steelers let him walk.....:suds:

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I would say it's pretty unlikely but it's not completely crazy either.

The AFC is hardly a brutal conference and we've seen terrible teams flip it around the next season.

poprocksncoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also said that he hopes Big Ben can some how engineer some wins so his new team the Raiders can face the Steelers in the Playoffs, I guess he's mad that the Steelers let him walk.....:suds:

Or maybe because the Steelers seem to be the only team the Raiders cant beat with any regularity?

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woodley says Oakland is a playoff team
Obama said his law would insure 50 million more people while saving money and allowing people to keep their existing insurance plans and doctors if they wanted.
Comical Ali said there were no Americans in Baghdad
Bush said America was certain that Saddam had WMDs
When I was 16 I told my girlfriend I'd pull out before I came

Can't we do a bit better than "Oakland is a playoff team"?

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woodley says Oakland is a playoff team
Obama said his law would insure 50 million more people while saving money and allowing people to keep their existing insurance plans and doctors if they wanted.
Comical Ali said there were no Americans in Baghdad
Bush said America was certain that Saddam had WMDs
When I was 16 I told my girlfriend I'd pull out before I came

Can't we do a bit better than "Oakland is a playoff team"?

It is certainly a stretch to say that, but I like the attitude, that's how everyone should feel right now.

It's good to have goals, but frankly after seeing the schedule anything over .500 would be pretty impressive.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the schedule the Raiders have forget it.

49ers/Hawks/Rams/Cards and then the Broncos/Chargers/Chiefs x2.

That's likely 10 losses right there, I really can't see the Raiders beating any of those teams.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2011 Woodley also said "Flacco will never win a Super Bowl bc the Ravens would have to beat Pittsburgh first to get there." Then in 2012 the Ravens went won and 3 years later his ass in Oakland. I wonder if Nostrdumass saw that one coming? lol!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does "it's the AFC" mean?

I guess NFC teams still think this is the 80's where they couldn't lose the Super Bowl. I guess the fact that 2 of the last 3 champs have been in the AFC is something not thought to matter. Or that for this upcoming year 3 of the top 5 in odds by Vegas to win the Super Bowl actually play in the AFC.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess NFC teams still think this is the 80's where they couldn't lose the Super Bowl. I guess the fact that 2 of the last 3 champs have been in the AFC is something not thought to matter. Or that for this upcoming year 3 of the top 5 in odds by Vegas to win the Super Bowl actually play in the AFC.

....or it could have been the fact that the NFC only let's in POWERHOUSE teams into the playoffs like the Carolina Panthers. The most decorated 7-8-1 team in the history of the league.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. It's fun to listen to the NFC teams point at the AFC and tell weak but fact is its not the case. The original beat'm up style that the NFCW duplicated is the AFCN. We shall see this year when we play.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....or it could have been the fact that the NFC only let's in POWERHOUSE teams into the playoffs like the Carolina Panthers. The most decorated 7-8-1 team in the history of the league.

Or the fact that in 2 of the past 5 years that a team with a losing record made the Playoffs. At this point I just think both the AFC and NFC have some powerhouse teams and then of course some major bottom feeders.