• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Preseason, game 1, Raiders

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After having joint practices all week, the Niners trotted out their backups for this game. And boy did it show.

Those who did well:
A.Thomas - played shockingly well against the Raiders backups. Both in pass coverage and run support.
TDP - more explosive and decisive than last season.
R.Bell - the later rounder was a sure returnman, caught a few balls and showed good wheels on an end around. He let one ball go through his hands that was picked.
C.Ferrell - got a sack and looked like one of our few competent backup Dlinemen
D.Winters-showed good speed, vision, and tackling. Both he and Graham had good looking games. Very positive signs for the two of them.
J.Graham- see above
D.Jamison - looked very good as a returner.
Willis - got his first catch and made a good ST tackle as well. He outplayed Latu for sure.
T.Martin - he and Bell had pretty decent days

Those who did not play well:
Backup OLine- they stunk.
I.Oliver - the presumed starter at NCB was beaten badly a few times by Raider backups. Not a good sign at all.
C.Latu - whiffed on blocks, dropped a pass and then fumbled the ball. He's about to get beaten out for a job by the 7th rounder, Willis.
J.Moody - missed both FGs he tried.
J.Mason - was outplayed by TDP and he dropped a sure big gainer on a screen pass. It killed the drive.
T.Lance - he was barely functional in the offense imo. Made the easy throws look hard and hesitated to pull the trigger too often. Raiders dropped 2 picks. Sure, he was under pressure early and often, but there were throws to be made that he either didn't see or wouldn't try. I expected much better play from him with this much time in the offense.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Below are Pro Football Focus' five highest-graded 49ers players on offense against the Raiders.

Troy Fumagalli, TE, 90.8, 15 snaps
Brandon Allen, QB, 90.2, 14 snaps
Ross Dwelley, TE, 86.1, 10 snaps
Isaiah Winstead, WR, 73.9, 8 snaps
Sam Darnold, QB, 73.7, 19 snaps

Below are the five highest-graded 49ers players on defense.

Kerry Hyder Jr., DE, 81.7, 14 snaps
Qwuantrezz Knight, FS, 76.2, 19 snaps
Clelin Ferrell, DE, 75.4, 14 snaps
A.J. Parker, CB, 72.8, 14 snaps
D'Shawn Jamison, CB, 70.1, 25 snaps

Below are the three lowest-graded 49ers players on offense.

Trey Lance, QB, 35.6, 27 snaps
Cameron Latu, TE, 48.1, 27 snaps
Jordan Mason, RB, 51.3, 12 snaps

Below are the three lowest-graded 49ers players on defense.

T.Y. McGill, DT, 25.4, 31 snaps
Jalen Graham, LB, 29.7, 37 snaps
Isaiah Oliver, CB, 30.1, 18 snaps

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be interesting to see if Womack gets more time at NCB or if they turn to Knight. Quantrezz Knight is an interesting name to keep an eye on. There has been talk that he could not only have a shot at safety next year when Gipson is gone, but that he is a promising player at NCB too.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shanny said that Oliver, the presumed NCB starter, was not guaranteed a starting spot. That is why he was playing vs. the Raiders.

I can see why.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Larry Krueg realy talked up Jalen Graham, but he's listed on the not SO good ledger?!

Yeah, i know it was the 2nd string but still, you could tell Lance needs the reps. Even though he started and went the 1st half, i'd STILL give him a lot of reps vs Denver, after Purdy. What is a lot? At least twice as many reps as Darnold.

To me it seemed like the O-line held up longer for Darnold, than Lance? Ok, maybe i'm just biased. "held up longer" is relative, the back-ups were really bad across the lone. Similar with the defensive line, not very good.

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Niner Outlaw @deep9er
Thank You for all the information you provide. I don't do much Niner media or follow as much as I used to, but as is often the case on a forum with good/very good contributors more and better info and analysis is found. :thumb:

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cowherd has been saying all day the 49ers need to move on from lance,what did he do so bad?

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cowherd has been saying all day the 49ers need to move on from lance,what did he do so bad?
Lance was barely functional in the offense imo. He made the easy throws look hard and hesitated to pull the trigger too often. Raiders dropped 2 picks. Sure, he was under pressure early and often, but there were throws to be made that he either didn't see or wouldn't try. I expected much better play from him with this much time in the offense.

I think cowherd's point is that the Niners are a win-now team and Lance is a developmental, win-later QB.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lance was barely functional in the offense imo. He made the easy throws look hard and hesitated to pull the trigger too often. Raiders dropped 2 picks. Sure, he was under pressure early and often, but there were throws to be made that he either didn't see or wouldn't try. I expected much better play from him with this much time in the offense.

I think cowherd's point is that the Niners are a win-now team and Lance is a developmental, win-later QB.
just wondered cause the game was not on here. cowherd,s nuts all the time anyway.