• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

With Brady Gone, Who Will Be the Next Patriots Starting Quarterback?

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense was weird because Stidham hamstrung it. He couldn’t hit the deep ball, wasn’t mobile and basically was one dimensional with underneath and short passes. Good luck NE if you go that route. Oh, learn to love the fumble in the red zone he excels at that.
good read btw

Daniel Jeremiah expects Jarrett Stidham to be New England’s starting QB next season

“I do, I think [Stidham]’s going to be their starter,” Jeremiah answered. “I haven’t talked to anyone directly with the Patriots, but with talking to buddies around the league that have close ties in that building, they said there’s a lot of confidence inside that organization that Jarrett Stidham is going to be as good, or better, than Jimmy Garoppolo. So, they’re high on him and what he can do.”

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, the offense at auburn wasnt built around him, he was just put into the offense.
If he could have just hit the deep ball things would have been so much different but his last season it simply wasn’t there. Good kid, hard worker but he ain’t no Brady and really isn’t even a more than a backup in the NFL. Wasted draft pick.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he could have just hit the deep ball things would have been so much different but his last season it simply wasn’t there. Good kid, hard worker but he ain’t no Brady and really isn’t even a more than a backup in the NFL. Wasted draft pick.
i dunno. bill turned a 6th round pick into a 6 time super bowl winner. he had matt cassel win 11 games. we had jimmy G, who everyone said was a reach. brisett, who everyone said was a reach.

both guys are NFL QB's now. ones a blossoming star. shit, he turned a QB into the best slot receiver in football.

im not worried abot the pats and QB's. now drafting WR's and RB's...another story entirely. we had chubb sitting there, but took his less talented and oft injured teammate instead.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dunno. bill turned a 6th round pick into a 6 time super bowl winner. he had matt cassel win 11 games. we had jimmy G, who everyone said was a reach. brisett, who everyone said was a reach.

both guys are NFL QB's now. ones a blossoming star. shit, he turned a QB into the best slot receiver in football.

im not worried abot the pats and QB's. now drafting WR's and RB's...another story entirely. we had chubb sitting there, but took his less talented and oft injured teammate instead.
whose the blossoming star? brissett?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
uh. jimmy?

he's 21-5 with a 100 even career rating and 2 SB appearances, one as a starter.

2/1 TD to INT ratio
Sorry dude. There's been a billion jimmy discussions. His surface numbers and wins are good. But delving deeper into his stats show a lot of not very good things. We've had this discussion in multiple threads. He's not a blooming star he's been in the league for years.

mick7-1961

Commerce Comet
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more important question is who gets custody of the referees in this divorce case..

Brady or Bilichek ???

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Garropollo played 6 Qb's in NE and the first game was a win because AZ kicker missed a easy FG and AZ finished 7-8-1 and Brisett was shutout at home vs Buffalo and Brady played them on road after his suspension and scored 41 pts on the road. Cassell went 10-5 here and 10-5 in KC so don't know where Belichick is some type of QB whisperer? Brady was down 14 pts to Bama in Sugarbowl and came back and won game and took over Bill's same 5-13 team and took them to 3 SB' wins in 4 years, not sure how Bill molded him? Weiss and McDaniels have been huge for offense, Bill not so much

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry dude. There's been a billion jimmy discussions. His surface numbers and wins are good. But delving deeper into his stats show a lot of not very good things. We've had this discussion in multiple threads. He's not a blooming star he's been in the league for years.

Hang Rock on jimmy's metrics.....

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earlier he was all over me on Brady's declining advanced metrics.

So beat him up with Jimmy's?
Ohhh hahah got yah sorry.... yeah his advanced metrics are abysmal. Kinda like his deceiving first half super bowl stats where 85% of his yards were YAC.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earlier he was all over me on Brady's declining advanced metrics.

So beat him up with Jimmy's?

ProFootballTalk: Another year, another missed Championship Throw by the Super Bowl-losing quarterback
Another year, another missed Championship Throw by the Super Bowl-losing quarterback

"Garoppolo didn’t. Setting aside stats and records and analytics and everything else, the ability to deliver with a Lombardi on the line becomes the ultimate litmus test for a Super Bowl quarterback. Opportunity knocked loud and hard and clear, and Garoppolo didn’t answer.

In a game that many like to make more complex than it is (so that fans will then turn to them for answers when the questions get a little complicated), this one is simple: The brass ring is within reach. Do you grab it?"

Jimmy Garoppolo
69.1% completion percentage 5th best in the nfl
27 TD's tied for 5th best in the NFL
13 Int's
36 sacks taken 14th most
102 QB rating 7th best
58.8 QBR 12th best

Some advanced stats.
Completed air yards- 5.4-28th
Intended air yards-6.5 3rd worst of any qb all season
Average Air Yards Differential-1.1 lowest in the NFL
Aggressiveness rating 15.3%-25th
Air Yards to the sticks -2.5 - 2nd lowest in the NFL
29th in deep ball attempts also #1 in deep ball completions....
4th best support cast efficiency
27th in pass attempt distance
22nd in money throws
#7 in interceptable passes
#7 in danger plays

Great efficiency numbers.........
Jimmy Garoppolo - Player Profile Advanced Stats, Metrics & Analytics
NGS | NFL Next Gen Stats
NGS | NFL Next Gen Stats

he measures right next to derek carr. @Rock Strongo ill hear rebuttal on the numbers........... @Hank Kingsley

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe McDaniels can get something more out of Hoyer, but he was awful as a starter in San Francisco. He looked lost at times. He lost the starting job to CJ Beathard who played better than Hoyer did. Heck Mullens came off the bench and played better than both. Hopefully Stidham is up to the task. I would rather stick with him as a starter over Hoyer.

The couple good things, ok good may be too strong of a word? Hoyer is cheap and he knows the system. So if camps/OTAs are shortened we have that going for us.

Trust me I'm not ready to pin the Pats next SB appearance on either of them. With Stidham we'll have to wait and see?

Do they draft a QB? I think so but mid to late. Don't want them using their 1st round pick on one. Next year NE will be flush with cap space wait till then if we must.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The couple good things, ok good may be too strong of a word? Hoyer is cheap and he knows the system. So if camps/OTAs are shortened we have that going for us.

Trust me I'm not ready to pin the Pats next SB appearance on either of them. With Stidham we'll have to wait and see?

Do they draft a QB? I think so but mid to late. Don't want them using their 1st round pick on one. Next year NE will be flush with cap space wait till then if we must.
Pats are pretty much tanking this season, thus the lack of a QB or improvement with the weapons for the QB. More losses the better for BB. Next season that all changes.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats are pretty much tanking this season, thus the lack of a QB or improvement with the weapons for the QB. More losses the better for BB. Next season that all changes.
I think we need to see what the rest of FA holds? It's not like NE had lots of cash to throw around. FA has been a typical BB off season. He waited out the initial rush and picked up some versatile team guys. No big splashes just guys who will hopefully do their job.

As for a supporting cast for Stidham whom I've said it's likely his job to lose. I think that WR group can be as good as any. Edelman, hopefully a healthy Sanu, Meyers and Harry I think can put up good numbers.

TE needs addressing for sure. I think BB addresses that in the early 2nd round. He trades #23 for an early 2nd + whatever else he can get.

RB is ok. I'd like to see an upgrade but not wanting to spend for it. Plus a healthy Oline can't hurt.