• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

With Brady Gone, Who Will Be the Next Patriots Starting Quarterback?

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stidham still is too raw and I don't see them trading for a QB. So that leaves:

Dalton ( only if he gets released which seems likely)
Newton
Winston

I'd bet on Dalton. Pats just waiting on the Bengals to cut him.

I think it might be Dalton too. They have the lowest payroll in the league at QB right now. And no cap space.

I honestly sit here and wonder where the fuck they have spent the money? They just let folks go all the time rather than pay, Brady always took discounts, where does it go that they are in Cap Hell?

Another cheap fix is to trade up in the 1st round, not likely though.

And I have a nagging feeling they would still like to kick Rosen's tires.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it might be Dalton too. They have the lowest payroll in the league at QB right now. And no cap space.

I honestly sit here and wonder where the fuck they have spent the money? They just let folks go all the time rather than pay, Brady always took discounts, where does it go that they are in Cap Hell?

Another cheap fix is to trade up in the 1st round, not likely though.

And I have a nagging feeling they would still like to kick Rosen's tires.

Lots of dead money to begin with.

upload_2020-3-24_13-30-33.png

Top 5 salaries:

upload_2020-3-24_13-31-31.png

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would be planning on him staying healthy and effective, I don't...And with the deck stacked as we had it last postseason and to watch 8 Ball fold like a dollar store lawn chair for the second time in as many tries, Don't you think AR with his experience and talent would have taken that team farther and even the SB ?..... I do !!!

I don't he has been in the league what 12-13 years as a starter with some good teams and only 1 SB. Talent alone is great for a 1 on 1 sport. When you have a team, need just that team effort and not 1 person who is bigger than the rest. When Balt players saw Lamar give his body to get extra yards, or how happy he was for Ingram when he found out about his 1000 yards or whatever, he didn't care about his stats.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possible rumblings of the Pats looking into Deshawn Watson.

Yes for the 2021 season, but believe Stidham will start. He did well with the rookie WR's and was on same page, Brady was just too old to have guys making rookie mistakes by lining up incorrectly or go wrong routes, that he started to snap and bitch, not a good recipe

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes for the 2021 season, but believe Stidham will start. He did well with the rookie WR's and was on same page, Brady was just too old to have guys making rookie mistakes by lining up incorrectly or go wrong routes, that he started to snap and bitch, not a good recipe

Like you, I'm curious to see how Stidham does. You never know he might turn out to be good.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't he has been in the league what 12-13 years as a starter with some good teams and only 1 SB. Talent alone is great for a 1 on 1 sport. When you have a team, need just that team effort and not 1 person who is bigger than the rest. When Balt players saw Lamar give his body to get extra yards, or how happy he was for Ingram when he found out about his 1000 yards or whatever, he didn't care about his stats.

Yeah the Panthers were all up on Cam too when he looked unstoppable until he kept losing in big games, now where is he ?....And how many SB rings does he have ?....
The Ravens team last year, with the #1 seed, all home games, top 3 D, 1000 yard rusher among others, AR would have won a SB with that team, it was better than any he ever had....
I have said all along and been proven right that these run option qb's are a flash in the pan....
I hope we get a SB out of 8 Ball before he fizzes out but until he wins a playoff game, he is no better than the Red Rifle in Cincy, he's done about 5 one and dones.....

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any one but Deshaun Watson :pray:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point with Hoyer returning and NE strapped for cash the job is Stidham's to lose.

Good luck kid

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got confirmation from some of my contacts overseas, looks like Cam will be a Patriot soon. Strange times indeed.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point with Hoyer returning and NE strapped for cash the job is Stidham's to lose.

Good luck kid

I don't know who is still available but they better get someone better than Hoyer if they don't want to go 6-10 this season.....BB may go to the XFL or CFL and find a diamond in the rough but Hoyer, child please !!!

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know who is still available but they better get someone better than Hoyer if they don't want to go 6-10 this season.....BB may go to the XFL or CFL and find a diamond in the rough but Hoyer, child please !!!

Did you miss the part about Stidham's job to lose?

No one knows for sure what he can do? Just like Brisset and Jimmy G. They've done alright.

I'm seeing a lot of accolades about him. Is that just hype? Maybe?

NE also has the draft. Who knows maybe there is another diamond in the sixth round.

Of the vets out there the only one I wouldn't mind seeing would be Dalton. Don't want Sham no way no how even on vet minimum. Rather do with Hoyer.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you miss the part about Stidham's job to lose?

No one knows for sure what he can do? Just like Brisset and Jimmy G. They've done alright.

I'm seeing a lot of accolades about him. Is that just hype? Maybe?

NE also has the draft. Who knows maybe there is another diamond in the sixth round.

Of the vets out there the only one I wouldn't mind seeing would be Dalton. Don't want Sham no way no how even on vet minimum. Rather do with Hoyer.

Maybe McDaniels can get something more out of Hoyer, but he was awful as a starter in San Francisco. He looked lost at times. He lost the starting job to CJ Beathard who played better than Hoyer did. Heck Mullens came off the bench and played better than both. Hopefully Stidham is up to the task. I would rather stick with him as a starter over Hoyer.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they are high on stidham. its why they reached for a guy who had a down year in a weird auburn offense that year. i like his makeup. he threw that pick this year laughed as he left the field. at the time, i didnt like it...but it shows me he can let a play go after a mistake.
i like the kids upside.
Offense was weird because Stidham hamstrung it. He couldn’t hit the deep ball, wasn’t mobile and basically was one dimensional with underneath and short passes. Good luck NE if you go that route. Oh, learn to love the fumble in the red zone he excels at that.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense was weird because Stidham hamstrung it. He couldn’t hit the deep ball, wasn’t mobile and basically was one dimensional with underneath and short passes. Good luck NE if you go that route. Oh, learn to love the fumble in the red zone he excels at that.
yeah, the offense at auburn wasnt built around him, he was just put into the offense.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i did like this tho:

24150262e74a7522a8e5accfd81d5ee3