• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will the Spurs finish the season with the best record

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering he is the betting favorite I would say so

Curry hurt again tonight

Warriors weren't the betting favorite to win it last year. If you're going off of what Vegas is telling you, then that's just sad.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is, I usually give the Spurs the benefit of the doubt - their track record speaks for themselves. However, Golden St. has proven themselves and their young. They're just as experienced now.
I thought about the Spurs the same way until they proved me wrong last year against the Clippers. Certainly, IMO, they should've been able to win that series.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden State is relatively young and in their primes. These guys can ball all day and night. If your only hope is them running out of gas come playoff time, you're doomed.
Exactly...and they've proven it last year and so far this year too.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What league were you watching??
The SPURS did not run out of gas at the end of the season.

They got beat. The Clippers were a shot better in the last 10 seconds with home court.
The SPurs were injured all season. They finally got healthy at the end.

They were the hottest team in the entire league in April (including their usual blowout victory over GSW).
They were on a 17-2 run at the end of the season to make a late push at a high seed.

Their low seed was due to a sluggish start in November-January and crippling 1st half injuries.
It had nothing to do with them running out of gas at the end.

So if they were so inferior then why did they lose to a team they should've beaten? I can understanding losing a game or two...but in a 7 game series they should've won - as you've stated for us- they were the better team they had many chances to win but just didn't. So if they were the better team talent wise, what is left other than they ran out of gas as the reason they were beaten? I mean, there is a reason they were beaten, right? The Clippers didn't develop better talent over the course of that series, right?

Last edited by a moderator:

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly...and they've proven it last year and so far this year too.

They have proven they can beat an injured team...thats about it

Take the 2nd and 3rd option off gs and give the cavs a fully healthy team and gs doesn't win a game

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors weren't the betting favorite to win it last year. If you're going off of what Vegas is telling you, then that's just sad.

Yes they were actually

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if they were so inferior then why did they lose to a team they should've beaten? I can understanding losing a game or two...but in a 7 game series they should've won - as you've stated for us- they were the better team they had many chances to win but just didn't. So if they were the better team talent wise, what is left other than they ran out of gas as the reason they were beaten? I mean, there is a reason they were beaten, right? The Clippers didn't develop better talent over the course of that series, right?

It's called an upset. They happen sometimes. The Spurs have 5 championships that show they have a pretty solid handle on this playoff thing.

Were the Spurs the better team? Yes.

Did they win? No.

That's why it's called an upset and why they play the games.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's called an upset. They happen sometimes. The Spurs have 5 championships that show they have a pretty solid handle on this playoff thing.

Were the Spurs the better team? Yes.

Did they win? No.

That's why it's called an upset and why they play the games.
Oh I totally understand that and upsets happen because older teams get winded, lose energy & so on. Especially teams with a core that are past their primes, such as TD, TP & MG.

Now, I'm not saying those guys aren't good but they're all definitely past their primes at this point in their careers.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter cause OP is screwed either way.

The team that ran his Idol out of Miami?

Or the team that beat his Idol when The Chosen One returned to Cleveland?

Maybe OP would be better off rooting for the Mavs to win the West.

Oh....

Wait....

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I totally understand that and upsets happen because older teams get winded, lose energy & so on. Especially teams with a core that are past their primes, such as TD, TP & MG.

Now, I'm not saying those guys aren't good but they're all definitely past their primes at this point in their careers.

:lol: You act like the Spurs have never exited the playoffs earlier than expected 1 season and come back the very next season to win it all. The Spurs have also won at least of their 3 titles since they were "past their prime." They have also added a couple of guys who are not past their prime in Aldridge and Leonard. I hear those guys are pretty good.

I have little doubt that the Spurs will be just fine when the playoffs start. If you are depending on the Spurs being past their prime or "winded" for the Warriors to make it out of the West, you're likely to be disappointed.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LAD getting worked by trojan

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PRobably not

The Spurs will keep resting their players and rotating nights off for everyone young and old

GS seems obsessed with playing a double or triple overtime game every other day to stockpile regular season wins

Those guys will be dead at this pace by March

Meh, they'll be fine. They're young. They have that luxury for now.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Warriors
2) Spurs
3) Cavs

In that order. If one of those 3 teams doesn't win it all I'd be completely shocked.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Warriors
2) Spurs
3) Cavs

In that order. If one of those 3 teams doesn't win it all I'd be completely shocked.

Agree, but I'd probably also throw the Thunder in at 4.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These replies are hilarious.

Will the Spurs finish with the best record? Probably not. Do they care? Probably not. They're as close to a lock to get to the WCF as it gets outside of GSW. Hell, I wouldn't be shocked if we lost to Cleveland next Thursday at home. I hate building up these winning streaks just about as much as I love them. Creates so much hype, especially since we haven't particularly had too many challenges.

The real SA/GSW and SA/CLE showdowns will be in the Playoffs. Everything else is meaningless.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont have anywhere near that level of confidence.
The SPURS are not overly thrilled about playing the Thunder or the Clippers.

There is no such thing as a free walk for the Spurs to the conference finals with those 2.

They are really good versus OKC at home, something like 14-1 in the last 15 full strength.
But they are also something like 2-13 at OKC in the last 15 full strength.

They should be okay with homecourt versus both, but the Thunder and Clippers are way too close for comfort.
A few games lost in a row...and the 2 seed is not even certain.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont have anywhere near that level of confidence.
The SPURS are not overly thrilled about playing the Thunder or the Clippers.

There is no such thing as a free walk for the Spurs to the conference finals with those 2.

They are really good versus OKC at home, something like 14-1 in the last 15 full strength.
But they are also something like 2-13 at OKC in the last 15 full strength.

They should be okay with homecourt versus both, but the Thunder and Clippers are way too close for comfort.
A few games lost in a row...and the 2 seed is not even certain.
If the Spurs don't have homecourt vs those two, I'm worried. If they don't, I'm a hell of a lot less worried. Playing at OKC and winning is damn near impossible for them.