• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Chip Kelly Succeed?

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see it. He better find a hall of fame offensive coordinator. His college schemes won't work on the big boys.

:agree: They've already adjusted. It won't work and by the team he's back looking for a job in college, it'll be old news.

To some extent, maybe. The zone read stuff may get busted by stunts and more discipline by the D. There's a lot of horizontal movement by the backs, too, that I think won't work so well. The hurry-up part might have a place in the league, though - the Pats use it some.

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To some extent, maybe. The zone read stuff may get busted by stunts and more discipline by the D. There's a lot of horizontal movement by the backs, too, that I think won't work so well. The hurry-up part, though, might have a place in the league, though - the Pats use it some.

Okay, so he might be able to expose some really bad defenses in the first few weeks but you can bet that teams on the Eagles' schedule will be preparing for them like no one else on their schedule and scouting the hell outta them.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to think Chip Kelly wouldn't get offers from D1 top BCS schools is crazy. He will be the most wanted coach available if he comes back to college.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to think Chip Kelly wouldn't get offers from D1 top BCS schools is crazy. He will be the most wanted coach available if he comes back to college.

So says a guy with the name OregonDucks. He'll be exposed and old news unless he comes up with a new system after this one gets rocked in the NFL. :2cents:

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, so he might be able to expose some really bad defenses in the first few weeks but you can bet that teams on the Eagles' schedule will be preparing for them like no one else on their schedule and scouting the hell outta them.

Yeah, I was agreeing with Forkem about the schemes themselves. I've seen so many Oregon games where it looks like a well-rehearsed stage show - every call seemed to be right. NFL Ds are more cagy, and have better athletes with better play-skills, for sure. I thought Stanford exposed OU this year with excellent tackling in space from their front 7.

Kelly's going to have to be a little more flexible. An example that stands out, to me, is Spurrier for the Skins, and how his O got basically busted there.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is not going to use the exact same system he used in college, he will adjust.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So says a guy with the name OregonDucks. He'll be exposed and old news unless he comes up with a new system after this one gets rocked in the NFL. :2cents:

Your claiming NFL coaches are going to come up with a way to stop the offense in college. Even if he sucks in the NFL he can go right back to his old system that is successful in college and be successful. Even if the NFL figures out a way to shut him down it doesn't mean colleges will be able to use duplicate their success. College players are still going to have to make open field tackles, and do other things that NFL players are just better at.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is not going to use the exact same system he used in college, he will adjust.

And defenses will adjust right along with him. Do you honestly think he's going to be an NFL head coach three years from now? Do the Eagles really think they're going to win a SB with him?

ocho.jpg

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could care less of Chip succeeds or not in the NFL, if he does, great, better recruiting for us as it will change the NFL landscape and more top recruits will want to come to Oregon and run our system as they see it works in the NFL. If he doesn't? Great, he comes back to Oregon and starts off where he left off.