• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will AD want to be traded after this?

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, there you go...

I guess a title run heals everything... Shams Charania's conclusion is clearly motivated by the "booing" that the fans did...

I insist that from Clutch's side the advise that will be given to Davis, would be to "heal up relations" and stay and also, that Clutch will be working close with Griffin so that they can help things work out...

Here is why I think this is what will be happening:

Last season, everybody was sure in Milwaukee that Bledsoe (also managed by clutch and a personal very close friend to Lebron) won't resign an extension, but would "pack" for LA... But at the time the Lakers were 6th in the West and were still valued high in the odds for being contenders...

Then the problems started with the Lakers and just before the trade deadline AD announced that "the Bucks are among his (few) desired destinations"... Then a few weeks later, Bledsoe was the first out of all upcoming FA contracts that the Bucks have, that signed a long term extension of his contract with the Bucks and surprisingly... did so at a "team friendly" contract... The rumor now, is that Clutch (meaning Lebron) has advised their players ...not to consider the Lakers as destination, but instead, stick with teams that are sure to contend for the title in the near future...

As a Bucks fan, I'm more sorry than the Lakers fans if Davis isn't traded... because I think that his departure would make the Bucks the favorites to land him... But... I'm sorry to say that in clutch, what interests them more (and Lebron) is looking at the future success of their players (which secures large income in many years to come for the company) and that's why they'll advise Davis to stay...

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Lakers having the #4 pick, this is why I thought it was better for the Pelicans to hold off on trading AD until later on. They could now get a nice package from the Lakers, which includes that #4 pick.

I still highly doubt that the Lakers can bring enough assets to the table to land AD.

New Orleans would have to LOVE someone at #4 for it to happen.

Getting Zion means Kuzma isn't a valuable chip to New Orleans.

And Laker fans have to start to understand that Ball isn't a positive asset any longer. In fact he is damn near a negative asset at this point when you factor in that he is a PG with no shot, in a league full of quality PG's, that is essentially on a 3 year $34m contract when you factor in his tender year.

Ingram is their most valuable chip to New Oreans and somehow I doubt Ingram + the #4 is going to top Tatum + one later first round this year and then the dream of the future Memphis pick (most valuable traded pick in the league right now).

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess a title run heals everything... Shams Charania's conclusion is clearly motivated by the "booing" that the fans did...

I insist that from Clutch's side the advise that will be given to Davis, would be to "heal up relations" and stay and also, that Clutch will be working close with Griffin so that they can help things work out...

Here is why I think this is what will be happening:

Last season, everybody was sure in Milwaukee that Bledsoe (also managed by clutch and a personal very close friend to Lebron) won't resign an extension, but would "pack" for LA... But at the time the Lakers were 6th in the West and were still valued high in the odds for being contenders...

Then the problems started with the Lakers and just before the trade deadline AD announced that "the Bucks are among his (few) desired destinations"... Then a few weeks later, Bledsoe was the first out of all upcoming FA contracts that the Bucks have, that signed a long term extension of his contract with the Bucks and surprisingly... did so at a "team friendly" contract... The rumor now, is that Clutch (meaning Lebron) has advised their players ...not to consider the Lakers as destination, but instead, stick with teams that are sure to contend for the title in the near future...

As a Bucks fan, I'm more sorry than the Lakers fans if Davis isn't traded... because I think that his departure would make the Bucks the favorites to land him... But... I'm sorry to say that in clutch, what interests them more (and Lebron) is looking at the future success of their players (which secures large income in many years to come for the company) and that's why they'll advise Davis to stay...

Getting Zion doesn't cement anything, he is a rookie. They could definitely be a playoff team if AD were to somehow stay but at this point, that relationship and trust is already broken. They will just move on a get young assets to build around Zion.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Lakers having the #4 pick, this is why I thought it was better for the Pelicans to hold off on trading AD until later on. They could now get a nice package from the Lakers, which includes that #4 pick.

That pick was surely part of the original offer, it just hadn't gone through the lottery process yet.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New Orleans simply hates the Lakers and will not deal with them

The #4 pick seems like it wont be enough to get over their hatred of LA.

It is starting to look like AD is going to end up in New York

They would rather take a lesser offer from an eastern team than send AD to any western team and (doubly so on a personal level with the Lakers).

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New Orleans simply hates the Lakers and will not deal with them

The #4 pick seems like it wont be enough to get over their hatred of LA.

It is starting to look like AD is going to end up in New York

They would rather take a lesser offer from an eastern team than send AD to any western team and (doubly so on a personal level with the Lakers).

Griffin is a new GM and was told he would not be handcuffed to any move. Still...who are they going to choose to trade with? A WEST team they have rejected time and time again or an EAST team that can put up still a great offer. I think New York is set in stone to build a GREAT team but knowing it's New York they will fuck it up somehow.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, looks like N.O. isnt interested in Ball.

Kuzma, Ingram, the #4 and fillers.

The Pelicans get Zion to “replace” AD and get another top 5 pick along with two young players.

This couldnt have worked out any better for the Pelicans. Wow.

Holiday
Culver
Ingram
Randle
Zion

6th man Kuz

I think Garland is more of a PG

I have not read ahead all the way, so someone might have said this already.

Why is nobody talking about the obvious?

NO can pair Zion and Barrett together. They are BFFs. Want to break the cycle of watching your superstar player demand a trade after 7 years? Trade for his best friend and you can probably keep them together in NOLA as long as you want.

If NY signs KD and Kemba, this trade makes a lot of sense for both:

Barrett
DSJ
Trier
Lance Thomas

For AD

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what offer is better?

LA - Ingram or Ball, Kuzma, Hart and #4 (Garland, Culver or Hunter)

NY - Knox, DSJ, Mitchell and #3 (most likely Barrett)

Boston - Tatum, Theis, Robert Williams (a combo of picks #14, #20, #22)

Portland - McCollum, Nurkic, (take back Hill contract)

I added Portland bc I think they seriously need to think about adding AD.

McCollum and Nurkic combo is the best player combo BUT they take back $27M even if they dump the Hill contract. All the other offers they take back less money (rookie contracts) plus younger players.

NY is the best offer by a mile.

I actually think putting Robinson in there is too much.

The Zion/Barrett chemistry is a real thing. NO should want that very much.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not read ahead all the way, so someone might have said this already.

Why is nobody talking about the obvious?

NO can pair Zion and Barrett together. They are BFFs. Want to break the cycle of watching your superstar player demand a trade after 7 years? Trade for his best friend and you can probably keep them together in NOLA as long as you want.

If NY signs KD and Kemba, this trade makes a lot of sense for both:

Barrett
DSJ
Trier
Lance Thomas

For AD

Yeah that was mentioned. Really kinda backing idea of N.O. not wanting to work with LA anymore, that isn't out of the question, but the idea of sending AD to the East and New York seems like the better option. Barrett and Zion would be ideal, it just depends on who Griffin and the Pelicans like honestly. I am not a fan of Barrett so yeah.

Yeah they would have to sign KD and Kyrie/Kemba then pursue that deal for AD. They would have to give $21.6M back to NO in that deal so Lance Thomas would have to be included, he is only $1M guaranteed though. This deal makes the most sense especially if they don't want to do business with the Lakers.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But no... he will sign his extension during mid season if the Pelicans go out and buy a PG out of free agency that makes justice to the rest of the roster...

Can you imagine a player of AD's caliper leaving a Kemba, Holiday, Zion, Randle, AD roster that is about to create the most bright history written in the NBA books and go where? to the Lakers circus? To the Celtics disaster?

Not only he will stay with the Pelicans, but I bet you he will even sign a "team friendly" extension so that he can help with the teams future!

He is gonna make an unimaginable fortune out of endorsments anyway!

Better question.

Could you imagine a player of Kemba's quality signing there when their franchise player has publically asked to be traded and has 1 year left?

He don't want to get Jrued

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NY is the best offer by a mile.

I actually think putting Robinson in there is too much.

The Zion/Barrett chemistry is a real thing. NO should want that very much.

The chemistry is great and all but are they really a match made in heaven? Maybe I am clouded bc I don't like Barrett. Barrett is a willing passer so I see that duo only getting better...it makes a lot of sense.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that was mentioned. Really kinda backing idea of N.O. not wanting to work with LA anymore, that isn't out of the question, but the idea of sending AD to the East and New York seems like the better option. Barrett and Zion would be ideal, it just depends on who Griffin and the Pelicans like honestly. I am not a fan of Barrett so yeah.

Yeah they would have to sign KD and Kyrie/Kemba then pursue that deal for AD. They would have to give $21.6M back to NO in that deal so Lance Thomas would have to be included, he is only $1M guaranteed though. This deal makes the most sense especially if they don't want to do business with the Lakers.

Even if they were cool dealing with LAL,

DSJ + Barrett + whatever else is a better package IMO.

Large drop off from 3 to 4 in terms of prospect status IMO.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the mavericks will give their first round pick for AD.

wait...never mind

:pout:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if they were cool dealing with LAL,

DSJ + Barrett + whatever else is a better package IMO.

Large drop off from 3 to 4 in terms of prospect status IMO.

That's what I keep hearing but if you make the right pick at 4 I think you can still get a player that is going to be very very good.

I think we can all agree Zion and Morant are tier 1, some might put Morant higher than Zion potential wise.

Then you have Barrett. I think there are other players in this draft that will be better than Barrett and even right now have just as much game.
I am leaving Garland out of that conversation bc of the limited college play.

I think Culver and Hunter can be guys that are still really good picks...the gap between Barrett and those 2 guys really isn't too big imo. Honestly, there isn't a gap at all.

Plus the Lakers core players in the deal are WAY BETTER than the Knicks.

A package of Ingram and Kuzma is way better than Knox and DSJ imo....as much as I rag on Ball he is a better player than Knox or DSJ

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ Crazy talk... especially with the "by a mile" added on to it.

Nah.

Tatum's value is down right now. He had a mediocre sophomore season. Lot of reasons for that, but reality is rookie Barrett has more trade value than Tatum today. Robinson has more trade value than all 3 of those Boston picks combined.

The Knicks package in the post I quoted is a lot better. Boston can certainly make a better offer, but would they actually want to?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah.

Tatum's value is down right now. He had a mediocre sophomore season. Lot of reasons for that, but reality is rookie Barrett has more trade value than Tatum today. Robinson has more trade value than all 3 of those Boston picks combined.

The Knicks package in the post I quoted is a lot better. Boston can certainly make a better offer, but would they actually want to?

A lot better than the Lakers too? I don't agree. Lay it out piece by piece.