• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will AD want to be traded after this?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who was this Greek guy his first go round here?

Or, "his previous" go round.

Been trying to figure that out. I sure hope it's someone's alt. I'd hate to think that someone like this was out there running around in the real world.

SideSwipe52

The Franchise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many bridges burned. Davis needs out of NOLA and they need to move on. Drafting Zion makes it so much easier to part ways.

Ship his ass off to Atlanta or Chicago

Only if he (AD) does a sign and trade for 5 years, ATL gives up this year's #8 and #10 first round picks, next year's 2nd round and 2 bench role players.

SideSwipe52

The Franchise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Celtics have enough assets to trade with the Pels, also maybe Toronto might be in the mix, as a way to keep Kawhi with the Raptors. My two bouns teams are the LA Clippers and the Brooklyn Nets.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only if he (AD) does a sign and trade for 5 years, ATL gives up this year's #8 and #10 first round picks, next year's 2nd round and 2 bench role players.

LOL

Yeah, that will do it.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He gone....Griffin is dreaming if he thinks he can keep him.....

I think there's a better chance of me becoming the next governor of CO. than AD returning to New Orleans.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there's a better chance of me becoming the next governor of CO. than AD returning to New Orleans.

I would vote for you.

@Wamu for governor!

Too bad I don't live in Colorado.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK here it is...

The Pels won't be trading Davis, but will be doing all in their power in order to provide him a "win now roster instead...

https://nypost.com/2019/05/21/pelicans-lay-out-next-step-in-their-anthony-davis-plan/

Which of course is what I was saying all this time...

This isn't news and it proves nothing.

Of course New Orleans wants to keep Davis. Does not mean he will return the sentiment.

What do you think Griffin would say?

"Yeah, we want to trade arguably the most talented player in the league and start a rebuild".

Hell no. Of course they want Davis.

And if they do end up having to trade him, convincing the rest of the league they don't have to is step 1 toward maximizing return value. Griffin understands this concept.

Your link is a fluff piece stating the obvious.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Celtics have enough assets to trade with the Pels, also maybe Toronto might be in the mix, as a way to keep Kawhi with the Raptors. My two bouns teams are the LA Clippers and the Brooklyn Nets.

@buckalis

Did not have to look far.

Point is, you are just about the only person who thought AD would not be traded and you practically guaranteed he wouldn't.

The Nets are in the game now, but still not front runner.

But the point is AD almost surely will be traded this summer after you guaranteed he wouldn't.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@buckalis

Did not have to look far.

Point is, you are just about the only person who thought AD would not be traded and you practically guaranteed he wouldn't.

The Nets are in the game now, but still not front runner.

But the point is AD almost surely will be traded this summer after you guaranteed he wouldn't.

Nets are out of the game with their recent trade. They used two first rounders on that salary dump.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nets are out of the game with their recent trade. They used two first rounders on that salary dump.

I disagree.

The Pelicans may not value their package as highly as some of the others, but especially if the Knicks strike out in FA and if Kyrie leaves Boston, a DLo sign and trade + Jarrett Allen is a solid offer.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From rumors, Griffin loves Lonzo and Ingram but he probably loves that #3 pick a lot more. He might try to get the Knicks in the deal just to acquire that pick. Would be a hell of a move if he got something like that done. He could get R.J. and still get the Lakers' players he wants. But what does NY get in return? I guess they would move down to #4 and get future picks. hmm interested to see what Griffin gets.

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It rather is exactly the opposite conclusion one should come up with...

Why did they rush to give the picks away then, if they were not SURE that they'll have TWO max contracts coming in?

They already had enough cap space for one max contract without dumping Crabbe's salary and even after they've dumped it, they still need to let Russell go as to be able and integrarate a second max...

It rather means that they are ABSOLUTELY SURE they'll get one max out of free agency and another max out of a trade that includes moving Russell.

CAA has done an excellent job here as to pair Russell with Zion in the Pelicans and even surround them with more talented youth on J.Allen.

Griffin couldn't be happier either... He gets a competitive starting roster on Russell, Holiday, Zion, Randle and Allen which is the youngest in the league and even has good depth to support them... Additionally he avoids having to rebuilt around Zion, and has his cashier full of "green"

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It rather is exactly the opposite conclusion one should come up with...

Why did they rush to give the picks away then, if they were not SURE that they'll have TWO max contracts coming in?

They already had enough cap space for one max contract without dumping Crabbe's salary and even after they've dumped it, they still need to let Russell go as to be able and integrarate a second max...

It rather means that they are ABSOLUTELY SURE they'll get one max out of free agency and another max out of a trade that includes moving Russell.

CAA has done an excellent job here as to pair Russell with Zion in the Pelicans and even surround them with more talented youth on J.Allen.

Griffin couldn't be happier either... He gets a competitive starting roster on Russell, Holiday, Zion, Randle and Allen which is the youngest in the league and even has good depth to support them... Additionally he avoids having to rebuilt around Zion, and has his cashier full of "green"

NOPE. AD is NOT getting traded this offseason. This is confirmed from a source, the source is @buckalis