• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will AD want to be traded after this?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, that report is based of speculation from Jackie MacMullen who made a report based of speculation from people close to the Bensons and that she "thinks" that's what people close to them are saying. I saw Jackie's initial report and it was more speculative but its since been picked up by aggregation sites and made to seem more concrete than she actually intended.
I know you have to keep hope alive but bruh, he's not getting traded to LA. Maybe he signs there in a year, but trade, no

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont' get the need to try and restrict players.

You get guys like Mike Conley, or Colby White this year who aren't expected to be one and dones who might be a top 5 pick now, and they can't cash in? Why?

I'm not big on restricting players either. But @Wamu does have a point re: a possible trend of players who have declared early, "undeclaring" because they don't like where they are likely to end up.

I think we can all agree that the best and maybe only way for small market teams to win championships is building through the draft. If a player coming out of college can force his way to a bigger market or a better team, it becomes much more difficult for small market teams to compete.

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's sports hate, not real hate. I don't actually hate the Lakers or Laker fans, but in sports terms you want them to lose.

Actually I kinda want them to be good again along with every CA team but that's just me

Them Lakers fans (first) and Sixers fans (second) are the most delusional fans in the world... All they know is invent scenarios that are impossible and then buy, read and integrate all fake "news" and "rumors" that every web troll sells to them, thus turning them to trolls... It of course takes a "market" of low intelligence as to "eat" all these garbage... The (much better) Celtics fans are hear to prove it!

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Them Lakers fans (first) and Sixers fans (second) are the most delusional fans in the world... All they know is invent scenarios that are impossible and then buy, read and integrate all fake "news" and "rumors" that every web troll sells to them, thus turning them to trolls... It of course takes a "market" of low intelligence as to "eat" all these garbage... The (much better) Celtics fans are hear to prove it!
Oh the irony. Excuse me I mean oh the "irony"

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not big on restricting players either. But @Wamu does have a point re: a possible trend of players who have declared early, "undeclaring" because they don't like where they are likely to end up.

I think we can all agree that the best and maybe only way for small market teams to win championships is building through the draft. If a player coming out of college can force his way to a bigger market or a better team, it becomes much more difficult for small market teams to compete.

Players are already manipulating their draft position.

The Kings haven’t gotten medical information from a top 10 prospect since like 2015 lol

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh the irony. Excuse me I mean oh the "irony"
it should be "oh... The irony" as to make (some) sense... Which it doesn't, because what you was quoting wasn't irony, but (cruel) truth...

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be about... 35M losses out of his career money, as he will be shortening his career by a season... + 1 year of endorsements loss of course...
Won't he have to prove himself at the big boy level before he sees those endorsements and gets that max contract

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't he have to prove himself at the big boy level before he sees those endorsements and gets that max contract
But he will be one year older, so one less year of playing at the end when he is presumably making bank

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes... and he can't do that back in college as many idiots think (and hope)...

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he doesn't want to play in NO and that might be more important to him

Sure... he wants to be back in the drafts so that the Lakers will tank and have him... Then... if he doesn't fell to the Lakers next season, he'll be back to the college again, and again, ans again... until the Lakers will have him!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is all over the web, in multiple different comments of Griffin, that the Pelicans do not intend to trade AD this summer, but they'll do anything on their power to convince him to stay with the Pelicans... GM Griffin has already contacted clutch on the matter and asked for their cooperation. A meeting with AD has been set for next week.
Therefore those of you who insisted that the Pelicans "will want to trade him" because "they are screwed if he decides to leave in free agency", are utterly wrong... The Pelican's won't be trading AD this summer, but will start the next season with AD in their future plans hoping that even if they don't get insurance that he will stay this off season, they will convince him later, after they prove to him that they are planning to be a contending for the title team.

Obviously Griffin wants him to stay.

Highly unlikely that they convince AD to stay.

But what do you expect Griffin to do here? Admit that he has to trade AD?

A good GM will try to change the narrative and make it seem like he doesn't have to deal AD. And if he can make other GMs believe that, he will receive better trade offers than he would have otherwise.

If he "has to trade AD" he will be lucky to get 60 cents on the dollar. If he convinces other teams he can keep AD, maybe he gets 80 or 90 cents.

Lastly, AD, Zion and Jrue would be a start to a nice core, but not a contending core. Not without some seasoning for Zion and some more pieces.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously Griffin wants him to stay.

Highly unlikely that they convince AD to stay.

But what do you expect Griffin to do here? Admit that he has to trade AD?

A good GM will try to change the narrative and make it seem like he doesn't have to deal AD. And if he can make other GMs believe that, he will receive better trade offers than he would have otherwise.

If he "has to trade AD" he will be lucky to get 60 cents on the dollar. If he convinces other teams he can keep AD, maybe he gets 80 or 90 cents.

Lastly, AD, Zion and Jrue would be a start to a nice core, but not a contending core. Not without some seasoning for Zion and some more pieces.

Does he? I'm not going in circles with people claiming the same nonsense over and over again! All Griffin has to do is ...nothing but add assets to the roster before he has AD begging to stay!
(if AD wants titles that is...)

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does he? I'm not going in circles with people claiming the same nonsense over and over again! All Griffin has to do is ...nothing but add assets to the roster before he has AD begging to stay!
Begging!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boo-hoo that Zion supposedly doesn't want to play for the Pels. I just don't think rookies that have yet to play a minute in the league should be allowed that kind of leverage.

One thing I wish the NBA would change is this. If a player knows he won't be drafted return to school. But if a player knows he's getting picked (Zion) he should have to play for whichever team drafts him.

When hand Zion ever said that?

It is nothing but speculation and his dad said he would play with the Pelicans.

Zion is going to be the 1st pick in this year's draft.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(if AD wants titles that is...)

Sure you are, nonsense that he will definitely be a Pelican this upcoming year and they can keep Randle AND sign Kyrie LOL Talk about pure nonsense