• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Wild Card - Seattle Seahawks @ Dallas Cowboys

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
route concepts, why did i say that? Well when a player understands them they know when to look for the ball. Sherman was a master at it ( thanks to his time as a WR ). Even though Sherman on his very best day could only run a 4.6 40 he understood route concepts and got his head around EARLY. None of the CB on our team right now turn and locate the ball well. Physical CB yes we have them, but not mentally strong in route concepts. Coleman is our Best corner sad to say.

BUT that long run was not on Griffin that was on the rookie, i forget his name but he was supposed to be farther outside than he was. He instead stacked himself up on Griffins back instead of staying 3 yards out on his outside shoulder. I think he got confused seeing as no one was out side of him on Dallas but because he got confused he lost containment. Learning on the job can and will be painful for us fans to watch.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RW is your best player. He is great, really a guy that gives you a chance in any game. The added bonus is that yall have two stud WR's, a couple of solid RB's, and a great defense. Really, draft multiple OL early, find an OC with some balls, and y'all take the West back from the Rams next season IMO

a great defense? the Hawks have a solid front and LBers the back end is trash. if anyone gets past the front 7 it's trouble on this defense. We got a couple solid WR yes but they are tiny, Baldwin and lockett are both under 200 pounds and under 5 foot 10. Oline looked fine, and with the lack of draft picks they need to shore up the back end of this defense. They need a true cover corner out their and another safety to pair with Bradly.

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The TD throw that everyone was giving Dak so much praise for was a sitting duck for a corner like Sherman. If Shaq turns around it’s an easy pick if not at least broken up. He doesn’t turn around and it drops in right at his shoulder.

Letting Sherm go was mistake...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

hmm i sort of agree, letting him go with no comp pick was a mistake. They should have taken the 4th/5th? rounder they were offered. But this is hindsight and everyone has 20/20 hindsight. ( ok not everyone lol ). I say tag Earl and force a team to give up something for him or have him play out his franchise tag then let him walk. They don't have the draft capital to just let so many players walk with nothing coming back in return, not this draft ( 4 picks ).

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We probably would have kept him if we knew it was only going to cost $5M like San Fran ended up paying him. If Sherm would have given Seattle the option to sign him to the same San Fran contract (which was heavily reliant on incentives) I'm sure they'd have kept him no problem. Ultimately I think Sherm just wanted out of Seattle. I think he felt like the team was going into rebuild mode and San Fran was up and coming and so he thought he could leave a losing team for a contending team. Well, that didn't work out. He should have stayed.

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We probably would have kept him if we knew it was only going to cost $5M like San Fran ended up paying him. If Sherm would have given Seattle the option to sign him to the same San Fran contract (which was heavily reliant on incentives) I'm sure they'd have kept him no problem. Ultimately I think Sherm just wanted out of Seattle. I think he felt like the team was going into rebuild mode and San Fran was up and coming and so he thought he could leave a losing team for a contending team. Well, that didn't work out. He should have stayed.
Hes a pain in the ass but he also shuts down one side of the field, Dak would of never tried that throw against him.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hes a pain in the ass but he also shuts down one side of the field, Dak would of never tried that throw against him.

Only if Dak is smarter than Kaep.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, disappointing way to end it with the loss last night, but hard for me to be all that upset about the season as a whole. I am not very surprised we clawed our way into the playoffs, but there is a degree of satisfaction that it came after not many outsiders had us much better than a 6 or 7 win team. I heard that 19 of the players on our roster for last night's game were either 1st or 2nd year players. It's a good mix of veterans and youth, and I think we get better from here and quickly.

The biggest pill to swallow from last night for me was our inability to run the ball. Cowboys played fantastic run D, and I think that's what won them the game. Hats off to them for a well earned win.

I hope we have not seen KJ Wright in a Hawks uniform for the last time, but if we did then what an amazing career he had in Seattle. An all time great Seahawk for sure.

Go Hawks!!

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good season overall but last night lands on the coaches lap for not managing the game properly.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for all the bevell nut huggers out there, this team scored more points than any seahawk team since 2005. given the talent on offense, that is really impressive.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for all the bevell nut huggers out there, this team scored more points than any seahawk team since 2005. given the talent on offense, that is really impressive.

So.....you're advocating firing Schotty and bringing back Gil Haskell?

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So.....you're advocating firing Schotty and bringing back Gil Haskell?

i expected no less from one of bevells most fervent worshipers.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, I worship a coach on a NFL team :doh:. Shotty did a very good job this year making the offense look exactly like Bevell's. I'm really glad you're impressed, because I don't have to listen to you moan and groan about how horrible our team is and how terrible our coaches are.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also, you're thumping your chest over 4 points, doing so while discounting that our OLine was much improved this year and that our running backs have been better than the last 2 seasons. I'm sure that if Bevell had Fluker and Sweezy inside and Solari coaching the line - that last year's offense would've looked much better than it did. Statistically, this was Shotty's best season as an OC, and hopefully the offense continues to improve.

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also missed so many tackles tonight that ended up being long gains...
Also, you're thumping your chest over 4 points, doing so while discounting that our OLine was much improved this year and that our running backs have been better than the last 2 seasons. I'm sure that if Bevell had Fluker and Sweezy inside and Solari coaching the line - that last year's offense would've looked much better than it did. Statistically, this was Shotty's best season as an OC, and hopefully the offense continues to improve.
So why hasn't anyone hired him yet?

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bevell had far better talent and never scored that many points. there is no marshawn, no percy harvin, and no jimmy graham on this roster.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bevell had far better talent and never scored that many points. there is no marshawn, no percy harvin, and no jimmy graham on this roster.

You're hanging 1/3 of your argument on Percy Harvin?