• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Wild Card - Seattle Seahawks @ Dallas Cowboys

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be rooting for a Eagles Victory, Draft position baby. 21st pick if Philly wins, 22 if they lose. Hey 1 might make a difference and adds a little value for trade.

I like it...

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only answer this question is when he pulled his hamstring... That's when he cost us...

The way our offense played? We actually scored 2 more points because we went for 2. There's nothing else he would've been in there for the rest of the game that wouldn't have been much different than it played out.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way our offense played? We actually scored 2 more points because we went for 2. There's nothing else he would've been in there for the rest of the game that wouldn't have been much different than it played out.

I was saying he cost us because we didn't have a backup kicker... Our entire strategy had to change because we didn't have a kicker available.. That's what hurt us down the stretch... Not blaming Seabass for that at all... I'm saying, his lack of availability hurt us down the stretch...

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas played well and it was a great game. Wilson has passed Rodgers and Brady as the best(current)QB in the game, IMO. No idea why your OC doesn't put the ball in his hands more. The Cowboys DLine was crushing y'alls running game. Not putting the ball in Wilson's hands in a playoff game is like having Zeke and only giving him the ball 8 times or something

Yeah, I'm liking the improved run game - but we haven't had a run offense this run heavy since Russell was a rookie. For some reason the team feels they have to run it 70% of the time, except when they absolutely have to pass it.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was saying he cost us because we didn't have a backup kicker... Our entire strategy had to change because we didn't have a kicker available.. That's what hurt us down the stretch... Not blaming Seabass for that at all... I'm saying, his lack of availability hurt us down the stretch...

I can see that - but the problem is that I don't think the Hawks changed their strategy. They still ran the ball excessively until midway through the 4th, and the only time they went for it on 4th down, without absolutely having to just to stay in the game, it would've been another 57+ yard field goal attempt anyway (I think we were just outside the 40). Personally, I think we should've changed our strategy after Seabass was hurt, I just don't think the Seahawks did.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see that - but the problem is that I don't think the Hawks changed their strategy. They still ran the ball excessively until midway through the 4th, and the only time they went for it on 4th down, without absolutely having to just to stay stay in the game, it would've been another 57+ yard field goal attempt anyway (I think we were just outside the 40). Personally, I think we should've changed our strategy after Seabass was hurt, I just don't think the Seahawks did.

They didn't play Field possession... They played to score a TD.... If he was available, the strategy would've been a bit different imo… They would've played for a FG attempt at times...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm liking the improved run game - but we haven't had a run offense this run heavy since Russell was a rookie. For some reason the team feels they have to run it 70% of the time, except when they absolutely have to pass it.
Here's what I see, for what it's worth...Seattle was lining up with that extra OLineman BS and telling Dallas they were going to run it down their throats, while the Cowboys have Jaylon Smith, LVE and Sean Lee over there....If Seattle would spread out, let Wilson throw more and then run the ball when a LB comes off the field, their offense would be a Bitch to stop...JMO

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle just needs to make teams think they're willing to throw the ball at any time, even if it's with Fant at TE (which they have done). 1st down is over 70% run, and it allows defenses to gear up for the run. 2nd down is also over 50% runs, while it isn't until 3rd down that Seattle shows any real threat to pass the ball consistently.

I don't think Shottenheimer has a good enough grasp on passing offenses to do what you described. His scheme appears to have very few intermediate routes. Nearly everything is either within 5 yards of the LOS or 20+ yards downfield. Pete is trying to use the offense to shield the defense from its own inexperience, and as such a pass heavy offense looking to take consistent shots 40 yards downfield isn't gonna be what he wants.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh shut the fuck up, our O this season did more with far far far less than bevell did with far better talent.

in fact, the loser isnt even good enough to coach a HS team.

we still need OL help and griffin is a trash corner. he made mistake after mistake and got beat repeatedly today.

We have 4 draft picks and one of them we will have to use on a kicker.

penny was a TOTAL waste of a draft pick, stupid stupid stupid. soft outside runner that doesnt have a place in this offense.

we need our 1st rounder to be good for once. but, of course, we will be stuck trading down and likely out of the first round entirely.

i think now it is imperative that we tag and trade earl if not to just keep him off the cowboys and make their defense elite. even if we get a 6th rounder for him, whatever.

this year was supposed to be a rebuild, i think unfortunately it might end up being next year.

That's very hypocritical of you... You called for Bevel's head for this exact same thing... Schott called an absolute horrible game today… If it was Bevell, we'd never hear the end of it...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys had a great game plan today... Notice they targeted Griffin more than Flowers? Griffin had one of his worst games as a Seahawk imo… Flowers was amazing today... Is Flowers better than Griffin?

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys had a great game plan today... Notice they targeted Griffin more than Flowers? Griffin had one of his worst games as a Seahawk imo… Flowers was amazing today... Is Flowers better than Griffin?

A resounding YES! Griffin was good when he was opposite Sherm, but I’m weary of him moving forward. Flowers is better and I hope we shore up the secondary over the offseason cause he looked bad.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete and Schotty have a LOT to answer for.

I was initially worried about our ESTABLISH THE RUN TO OWN THE LIBS mindset doing us in, but the Carolina and KC games made me think this wouldn't be an Achilles heel. And then they completely reverted tonight. An absolutely disgraceful performance from our coaching staff. Incredibly frustrating.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle just needs to make teams think they're willing to throw the ball at any time, even if it's with Fant at TE (which they have done). 1st down is over 70% run, and it allows defenses to gear up for the run. 2nd down is also over 50% runs, while it isn't until 3rd down that Seattle shows any real threat to pass the ball consistently.

I don't think Shottenheimer has a good enough grasp on passing offenses to do what you described. His scheme appears to have very few intermediate routes. Nearly everything is either within 5 yards of the LOS or 20+ yards downfield. Pete is trying to use the offense to shield the defense from its own inexperience, and as such a pass heavy offense looking to take consistent shots 40 yards downfield isn't gonna be what he wants.
RW is your best player. He is great, really a guy that gives you a chance in any game. The added bonus is that yall have two stud WR's, a couple of solid RB's, and a great defense. Really, draft multiple OL early, find an OC with some balls, and y'all take the West back from the Rams next season IMO

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

griffin is trash, he remind me a lot of kelly jennings, always there but always getting beat.

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to those of you that kept harping on how much every ill of this team was Bevell... a giant fuck you. It's the same shit with a new OC. And guess what? It will be the same shit again if he leaves. It's Carroll's philosophy that's not working on offense. It worked when they had a young, talented, hungry, nearly unbeatable defense. It's not going to work with aging and young middle of the road patchwork guys.

You do realize we had lead going in to 4th qtr on road in front of 92,000 and Dallas scored 2 tds on our D...right? You did watch game?

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't look back for the ball, which is why he gets beat .

The TD throw that everyone was giving Dak so much praise for was a sitting duck for a corner like Sherman. If Shaq turns around it’s an easy pick if not at least broken up. He doesn’t turn around and it drops in right at his shoulder.