1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why should anyone pay Bell?

Discussion in 'NFL Football Forum' started by rmilia1, Oct 10, 2018.

1. SoCalWizFan

SoCalWizFan Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

Yep - pretty uncalled for. Someone who beats cancer & then has a very productive life should be praised - not ridiculed.

2. SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

I like your thought process & agree somewhat. However I do kind of have an issue with some of the potential teams presented here:

NYJ - didn't they just set a record for rushing on Sun? They had over 320 yds rushing in that game. They also have the 3rd leading rusher in the NFL at this time & are 5th overall in the NFL.

As for the Redskins - do they really want to potentially sacrifice the future somewhat (trading picks & make cap moves) when this move would likely be for only half a season? It really may not be worth it to go all in when they have other holes that may make this season problematic even with Bell. They could certainly just go with Guice as the primary back next season or even draft another RB (both would be considerably cheaper than Bell).

3. ATL96Steeler

ATL96Steeler Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

WAS I'm thinking just in play as a rental...Guice should be back next season...so this really only applies if WAS is staying in the playoff race.

4. ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

Yep Jets had a killer day, but it was just one game. Crowell is pretty good stop gap...imo not much more.

5. SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

I understand that but how much are you going to pay for a rental? You would have to give up some picks & rearrange things cap wise. After doing all that is it really going to put you over the top? I think that this is much different than say the Eagles where they have most of the other pieces and a SB run is at least a possibility.

Beyond that - these type of moves have rarely worked out well for the Skins in the past. Unless things turn around dramatically it might actually be in the Redskins best interest to have more poor results that could lead to the ouster of Gruden and Bruce Allen.

6. ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

Well, you know the team better than I but they went out and got a franchise QB...lower shelf but most would call him a franchise QB...they have some weapons...no, maybe not PHI like, but that's why I predicated it on where the season is going, but come week 9 or 10 and WAS is still in the mix...I'd risk a 3rd rounder on a rental like Bell...assuming he was in shape, etc.

Right now the NFC is looking like LAR, NO...the east looks enticing.

Reiterating that NYJ, and Tampa would be my best guesses, next year but as I said, you can make a case for WAS if they have a chance to knock PHI out of the DIV seat this yr.

7. broncosmitty

broncosmitty Evolutionary Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 10,198

He had cancer.

Not sure if you've caught 45 seconds of any Stillers game yet. It's important that we all do our part to mention it as much as possible. That way people like him more than that fat, pot smoking former Sparty.

And we can get more of these threads.

• Like Like x 1
  8. broncosmitty

broncosmitty Evolutionary Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 10,198

Sure.

9. handicappers

handicappers GoldenSpur wears his sissy panties every day

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 109,128

wrong