• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why is McCaffery going to New York?

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, which is why I think the award is bull shit.
Is the award for the best player or the best positional player? Answer that? You cannot even with your "SEC D is better on the run" tell anyone that there is an SEC advantage in ST or Pass defense.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the award for the best player or the best positional player? Answer that? You cannot even with your "SEC D is better on the run" tell anyone that there is an SEC advantage in ST or Pass defense.
Well McCaffery is neither... if he was at Bama the kid would be the 3rd string back. If he was at LSU at best he would be the 3rd string back.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well McCaffery is neither... if he was at Bama the kid would be the 3rd string back. If he was at LSU at best he would be the 3rd string back.
He would still be the best slot receiver and return man on any SEC team, and don't get too high on yourself, he would start for 11 of the 14 teams in your conference.

Again I ask you, what is your beef, you have no candidate in the mix. Are you, or are you not, team SEC and sucking Henry (who I have said is a better pure RB) off to fill your mouth.

Even without his "inflated rushing yards" CMac has more receiving yards and return yards than any back in the SEC.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw some pretty damn good offenses. There is poor tackling throughout college and the NFL. It's no worse in the PAC than anywhere else. The difference is, PAC offenses are better at making defenses pay for it.
I would like to find the stat for yards after contact. Im looking at this as objectively as possible. But I cant deny out of all the games i watched throughout the conferences. The PAC was the sloppiest tackling out of the batch. Im not even sure how many yard McCaffery had against USC on runs that should have been stopped short that were extended by bad tackling. Or how many times USC didn't stack the box knowing a run was coming. I know you liked Wilcox but theres very good reason he's gone and very good reason McCaffery had 681 yards vs USC this season. I cant make excuses for SC they played flat out horrible defense. But i cant deny those defenses playing so bad boosted McCafferys stats. We can agree to disagree but I'm just calling it for what it is. If you watch Henry its two different worlds and his heisman

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In other words, no one in the SEC knows what to do with an all around player like McCaffrey. Henry and Fournette are great running backs. Buts that's it.

McCaffrey is a great all around player. He's a swiss army knife.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would still be the best slot receiver and return man on any SEC team, and don't get too high on yourself, he would start for 11 of the 14 teams in your conference.

Again I ask you, what is your beef, you have no candidate in the mix. Are you, or are you not, team SEC and sucking Henry (who I have said is a better pure RB) off to fill your mouth.

Even without his "inflated rushing yards" CMac has more receiving yards and return yards than any back in the SEC.
Take out his one, fluke td return for 98 yards, he averages a kickoff return of 26 yards. You know how far the ball goes if you kneel it in the end zone with a 300 pound linemen? The 25 yard line. So on average without the outlier, he is 1 yard better than a 300 pound return man.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other words, no one in the SEC knows what to do with an all around player like McCaffrey. Henry and Fournette are great running backs. Buts that's it.

McCaffrey is a great all around player. He's a swiss army knife.
Until you play big bad Northwestern, then he can't slice a piece of cheddar cheese.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to find the stat for yards after contact. Im looking at this as objectively as possible. But I cant deny out of all the games i watched throughout the conferences. The PAC was the sloppiest tackling out of the batch. Im not even sure how many yard McCaffery had against USC on runs that should have been stopped short that were extended by bad tackling. Or how many times USC didn't stack the box knowing a run was coming. I know you liked Wilcox but theres very good reason he's gone and very good reason McCaffery had 681 yards vs USC this season. I cant make excuses for SC they played flat out horrible defense. But i cant deny those defenses playing so bad boosted McCafferys stats. We can agree to disagree but I'm just calling it for what it is. If you watch Henry its two different worlds and his heisman

I agree that Henry will win the Heisman. However, I think McCaffrey is a better player. I guess you also think that Reggie Bush's numbers were just bad defenses then too, since McCaffrey is every bit the all around player that he was.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Henry will win the Heisman. However, I think McCaffrey is a better player. I guess you also think that Reggie Bush's numbers were just bad defenses then too, since McCaffrey is every bit the all around player that he was.
He does actually. I think more of Reggie than Clarkson.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love SEC fans. They speculate on how they think an SEC player would do in another conference (always saying that player would set records, etc.) or how a player would perform in the SEC (always that they won't see the field) and try to play it off as fact.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reggie bush didn't crumble against strong defenses he elevated his game. McCaffery played 1 defense in the top 25 and was a no show.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love SEC fans. They speculate on how they think an SEC player would do in another conference (always saying that player would set records, etc.) or how a player would perform in the SEC (always that they won't see the field) and try to play it off as fact.
So are you saying it is a fact that McCaffery has played equally as talented defenses? And if so where are some stats to back it up. Also would like proof McCaffery did not stat pad in smaller games and McCaffery played head and shoulders in bigger games than Henry. I am sure you can provide none of the above as I have done all this research hence leading to this thread.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take out his one, fluke td return for 98 yards, he averages a kickoff return of 26 yards. You know how far the ball goes if you kneel it in the end zone with a 300 pound linemen? The 25 yard line. So on average without the outlier, he is 1 yard better than a 300 pound return man.
Oh there is that argument, however, if you had seen a PAC game in the last 5 weeks you would note that the last 4 teams kicked away from him to the point that Stanford put 4 return men in the backfield (Sanders, McCaffery, Wright and Love), then had them breakout when the ball was kicked to let McCaffery get the ball, almost all of those teams kicked short. This means he had to track a bal kicked short and ofetn run the width of the field just to receive it, but he could have just knelt on it at the 2. Would a 300 pound line man be able to run a ball from the 1 to the 25?

Never mind the fact that Cal, the Domers and $C put starting defensive players in on special teams to try to stop him and he still got 25yrds a return.

Obviously you have not watched any Stanford games, you sir, are, again, arguing strawmen.

You also have yet o answer my question, is it Fournette being left out or SEC bias that has you so bent?

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh there is that argument, however, if you had seen a PAC game in the last 5 weeks you would note that the last 4 teams kicked away from him to the point that Stanford put 4 return men in the backfield (Sanders, McCaffery, Wright and Love), then had them breakout when the ball was kicked to let McCaffery get the ball, almost all of those teams kicked short. This means he had to track a bal kicked short and ofetn run the width of the field just to receive it, but he could have just knelt on it at the 2. Would a 300 pound line man be able to run a ball from the 1 to the 25?

Never mind the fact that Cal, the Domers and $C put starting defensive players in on special teams to try to stop him and he still got 25yrds a return.

Obviously you have not watched any Stanford games, you sir, are, again, arguing strawmen.

You also have yet o answer my question, is it Fournette being left out or SEC bias that has you so bent?
Fournette died down in the stretch and is not relevant in this conversation. This conversation got started because Elliot is sitting at home along with Mayfield who are better players than McCaffery.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reggie bush didn't crumble against strong defenses he elevated his game. McCaffery played 1 defense in the top 25 and was a no show.

Really?!? I can think of a few for Reggie. Also, you keep bringing up 1 game as if it's the be all, end all. It was the 1st game of the season, not the season.