• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why is McCaffery going to New York?

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Six games without touchdowns against PAC 12 defenses, you know that right? Held to under 100 yards by the only top 25 defense he faced, you know this right?
Hmm might that be because Stanford has a sublime short yardage back? Have you looked at Remound Wrights numbers for TD's, he gets the short yardage numbers.

Is it his fault that his coach decided to exploit what the D was doing?

I still ask, why are you on Henry's D? Didn't he beat your team?

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The video did show how bad the tackling and blown coverages were. So many sloppy arm tackles.,missed attempts at big hits and defensive players all sorts of out of position :L
Coming from a person who has to watch garbage PAC 12 defenses all year too.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How would your team, not other SEC teams do against offenses ranked 50 and over?

We can play the causation game all night long, is CMac overrated because the PAC D's are bad or does Henry stand out because the SEC offenses are bad.

Here is my true question, your team has no candidate in the running, why do you care?
Thats why i made the Northwestern and wisconsin comparisons buddha. Its the only way to gauge the 2 without brining the PAC and SEC defenses into play. I just don't see McCaffery being anywhere close to henry. Ive posted the stats and comparison a few times now tho

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm might that be because Stanford has a sublime short yardage back? Have you looked at Remound Wrights numbers for TD's, he gets the short yardage numbers.

Is it his fault that his coach decided to exploit what the D was doing?

I still ask, why are you on Henry's D? Didn't he beat your team?
Calling Henry the "leading rusher in regular season SEC history" is nothing short of a joke. He played in two more games and they are including the SEC title game as part of the "regular season". But the guy is so much better it isn't even remotely close. He has played top rushing defenses all season. Played against 5 rushing defenses ranked 26 or above and ran for an average of 158 rushing yards and 1.8 td's per game. As opossed to 1 game against a top 25 rushing defense and 66 yards. Wohooo, McCaffery is legit with that 66 yard game against the best rushing defense hes played all season.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I mentioned before, it is like comparing the kid that plays 1A high school football, weighs 140 pounds and is 5'0, runs a 5 flat forty and saying because he ran for 1000 yards he is in the same league as a back in 5A who runs a 4.5/40 and ran for 980 yards. Is that really the same thing?
So you have ignored the question of O v D again. You have also ignored, again the issue of why you, an LSU fan are on Henry's bandwagon. Henry will win, you accept that and move on.

Here is the issue, if you think the SEC D is so good, can you admit they have not faced Offenses as good as is the norm in the PAC?

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats why i made the Northwestern and wisconsin comparisons buddha. Its the only way to gauge the 2 without brining the PAC and SEC defenses into play. I just don't see McCaffery being anywhere close to henry. Ive posted the stats and comparison a few times now tho
Did you account for travel, 9 am local start time (team rolled out at 4:45 body time) and first game issues? No you did not, I saw the post.

DetroitFan*

HAS NO FRIENDS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The video did show how bad the tackling and blown coverages were. So many sloppy arm tackles.,missed attempts at big hits and defensive players all sorts of out of position :L

That's college football for you...

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im just trying to go off stats facts and logic. As well as knowing exactly how bad the PAC defenses were. Especially SC theres good reason Wilcox is unemployed. I said the defense and tackling is so sloppy they have no chance before the stanford game .

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calling Henry the "leading rusher in regular season SEC history" is nothing short of a joke. He played in two more games and they are including the SEC title game as part of the "regular season". But the guy is so much better it isn't even remotely close. He has played top rushing defenses all season. Played against 5 rushing defenses ranked 26 or above and ran for an average of 158 rushing yards and 1.8 td's per game. As opossed to 1 game against a top 25 rushing defense and 66 yards. Wohooo, McCaffery is legit with that 66 yard game against the best rushing defense hes played all season.
If the SEC could throw a forward pass would Henry have to do so much?

DetroitFan*

HAS NO FRIENDS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I mentioned before, it is like comparing the kid that plays 1A high school football, weighs 140 pounds and is 5'0, runs a 5 flat forty and saying because he ran for 1000 yards he is in the same league as a back in 5A who runs a 4.5/40 and ran for 980 yards. Is that really the same thing?

What do 40 yard dash times have to do with anything...?

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you have ignored the question of O v D again. You have also ignored, again the issue of why you, an LSU fan are on Henry's bandwagon. Henry will win, you accept that and move on.

Here is the issue, if you think the SEC D is so good, can you admit they have not faced Offenses as good as is the norm in the PAC?
SEC defenses are built for running the football, so the players that line u on defense are built to STOP the run. While they may not be Micky Mouse, Oregon style offenses, the good teams can run the football. The PAC 12 is built to stop passing lpays and not even touch the run, which is why Stanford is the odd man out, giving the conference a different look, hence no one able to stop them. Put Henry back there he shatters every record, even Fournette for that matter. White system Stanford running back is white Stanford system running back.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you account for travel, 9 am local start time (team rolled out at 4:45 body time) and first game issues? No you did not, I saw the post.
Wisconsin was henrys first game as well and against a stronger defense. Wisky ranked 3 Northwester 11. Both the first game of the season,both BIG teams with legit defenses and both touched the ball almost the exact same amount of times 12 and 13. Its as sound a comparison as one could make

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do 40 yard dash times have to do with anything...?
I meant it is like comparing a 5'0 nonathletic system player playing sub par competition or a 6'2 freak of nature beast athlete who has fewer yards but has CLEARLY played better competition. Would those two be considered on the same level purely because "numbers say so"?

DetroitFan*

HAS NO FRIENDS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im just trying to go off stats facts and logic. As well as knowing exactly how bad the PAC defenses were. Especially SC theres good reason Wilcox is unemployed. I said the defense and tackling is so sloppy they have no chance before the stanford game .

Logic tells me the heisman voters will give this thread no thought...

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep bringing up only the rushing yards, did or did not CMac have more yards from scrimage and more all purpose yards than Henry? (Who is not on your team, but keep ignoring that, if @4down20 had brought this up I get it). Keep in mind I have not focused on rushing yards, Henry is the better rusher, I admit that, but CMac is the better all around player and that is what the award is for. If you do not get that you are as dense as my mother's cheesecake.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC defenses are built for running the football, so the players that line u on defense are built to STOP the run. While they may not be Micky Mouse, Oregon style offenses, the good teams can run the football. The PAC 12 is built to stop passing lpays and not even touch the run, which is why Stanford is the odd man out, giving the conference a different look, hence no one able to stop them. Put Henry back there he shatters every record, even Fournette for that matter. White system Stanford running back is white Stanford system running back.
Wait, did you just bring race into the issue? You know you are not a black broadcaster on ESPN? To that fact, what does his skin color have to do with being able to run. You sir are a racist. :)

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep bringing up only the rushing yards, did or did not CMac have more yards from scrimage and more all purpose yards than Henry? (Who is not on your team, but keep ignoring that, if @4down20 had brought this up I get it). Keep in mind I have not focused on rushing yards, Henry is the better rusher, I admit that, but CMac is the better all around player and that is what the award is for. If you do not get that you are as dense as my mother's cheesecake.
Better all around player that mustered less than 100 yards against the only top 25 defense he played. The he only had 116 yards total against the 100th ranked UCF defense (win less garbage team). There are much better players who got the shaft and are sitting at home. I don't care about the Heisman, it is a stupid award. This year once again proves it is a fashion show and Miss America Pageant more than it is about football by bringing McCaffery.

DetroitFan*

HAS NO FRIENDS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant it is like comparing a 5'0 nonathletic system player playing sub par competition or a 6'2 freak of nature beast athlete who has fewer yards but has CLEARLY played better competition. Would those two be considered on the same level purely because "numbers say so"?

Well, that's apples to oranges... Then it comes down to speculation.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just being honest PAC defenses and special teams leaked like a siv this year. How may yards does Henry,Watson or Elliot go for in the PAC just to name a few. I don't know I used my stanford McCaffery view master brainwashing device to make A :doobs: I don't trust the Stanford nerds or Biebers inflated stats

I'm sure the PAC offenses had nothing to do with that. You need to smoke a bowl pronto. You sound like an SEC fan. :heh:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Logic tells me the heisman voters will give this thread no thought...
No they will not. But all joking aside. I did run a comparison where I took all the stats and variables into consideration. Including the defenses the both faced. I had to go well outside the top 25 defenses to find another other than northwestern that Mcaffery faced. And northwestern shut McCaffery down. I know the PAC defenses very well and will not lie and say they are impressive by any means. I also know Henry faced a lot of stout defenses and excelled. And those are the things the voters should be taking into consideration. Realistically Henry should run away with this