• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why is McCaffery going to New York?

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, did you just bring race into the issue? You know you are not a black broadcaster on ESPN? To that fact, what does his skin color have to do with being able to run. You sir are a racist. :)
It has everything to do with race as a way for white men to say, check out out, we can still hang and we are just as good. Clearly he is the least deserving of the 5 candidates, not even remotely close, but since he is white and makes for good tv, he will get the trip. Would be better off catching Wicked or something then showing up o a ceremony he doesn't belong at.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they will not. But all joking aside. I did run a comparison where I took all the stats and variables into consideration. Including the defenses the both faced. I had to go well outside the top 25 defenses to find another other than northwestern that Mcaffery faced. And northwestern shut McCaffery down. I know the PAC defenses very well and will not lie and say they are impressive by any means. I also know Henry faced a lot of stout defenses and excelled. And those are the things the voters should be taking into consideration. Realistically Henry should run away with this
But... butttttt... more yards!!! But... buttt.... Henry played an FCS team and ULM!

DetroitFan*

HAS NO FRIENDS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping Keenan Reynolds would have won it... Then there would be a real shitstorm...

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure the PAC offenses had nothing to do with that. You need to smoke a bowl pronto. You sound like an SEC fan. :heh:
Normally I would agree that the PAC offenses make the defenses look bad on paper. But offensive stats don't effect sloppy tackling and straight out blown coverages. And you have to admit this was one of the worst years for both in the PAC. How many yards came after contact in plays that should have been stopped for losses or short gains due to bad fundamentals? I saw a ton of weak arm tackles where defensive players didn't wrap in the two videos alone. I can't just excuse that

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normally I would agree that the PAC offenses make the defenses look bad on paper. But offensive stats don't effect sloppy tackling and straight out blown coverages. And you have to admit this was one of the worst years for both in the PAC. How many yards came after contact in plays that should have been stopped for losses or short gains due to bad fundamentals? I saw a ton of weak arm tackles where defensive players didn't wrap in the two videos alone. I can't just excuse that
He had dat one play vs Northwestan doe.

DetroitFan*

HAS NO FRIENDS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they will not. But all joking aside. I did run a comparison where I took all the stats and variables into consideration. Including the defenses the both faced. I had to go well outside the top 25 defenses to find another other than northwestern that Mcaffery faced. And northwestern shut McCaffery down. I know the PAC defenses very well and will not lie and say they are impressive by any means. I also know Henry faced a lot of stout defenses and excelled. And those are the things the voters should be taking into consideration. Realistically Henry should run away with this

I think he will run away with it, I just want to see some defensive names back in the mix... Although, none stuck out this year... or lately for that matter.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yards on plays that should have been cut short due to awful tackling
Also Henry had his worst performances of the season and least amount of carries in those games. The lower the stakes the brighter McCaffery shined. The lower the stakes, the more Henry was drinking water on the sideline. That to me is telling enough.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he will run away with it, I just want to see some defensive names back in the mix... Although, none stuck out this year... or lately for that matter.
They will never win one again unless they are a return man and catch passes. This award is bull shit and centered around offense. Either call it what it is "the award to the best offensive player on the best team" and make an equivalent defensive award.. or open it up to allow defensive players an equal chance. The latter will never happen, so I vote 1.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had around 60 yards and no impact in that kiss vs northwestern while Henry had 147 and 3tds vs a stronger whisky defense. Both were also opening games
Henry in only 13 carries averaging 11.5 yards a carry you may want to add.

DetroitFan*

HAS NO FRIENDS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will never win one again unless they are a return man and catch passes. This award is bull shit and centered around offense. Either call it what it is "the award to the best offensive player on the best team" and make an equivalent defensive award.. or open it up to allow defensive players an equal chance. The latter will never happen, so I vote 1.

If they play too many snaps, then they wear down too quickly. I liked how Michigan used Jabrill Peppers on offense and defense, but towards the end, he was getting destroyed when they lined him up in the wildcat and such...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I saw some pretty damn good offenses. There is poor tackling throughout college and the NFL. It's no worse in the PAC than anywhere else. The difference is, PAC offenses are better at making defenses pay for it.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC defenses are built for running the football, so the players that line u on defense are built to STOP the run. While they may not be Micky Mouse, Oregon style offenses, the good teams can run the football. The PAC 12 is built to stop passing lpays and not even touch the run, which is why Stanford is the odd man out, giving the conference a different look, hence no one able to stop them. Put Henry back there he shatters every record, even Fournette for that matter. White system Stanford running back is white Stanford system running back.
OOPS, so then McCaffery's receiving yards against defense built to stop the pass should count for nothing? Your Strawman arguments run deep. Again I ask you, what is your beef with the kid when you have no dog in the hunt. Is it because Fournette got crushed as the year went on. Delusional SEC fan gonna Delusional. If this thread had been started by a bama fan I would not have responded.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they play too many snaps, then they wear down too quickly. I liked how Michigan used Jabrill Peppers on offense and defense, but towards the end, he was getting destroyed when they lined him up in the wildcat and such...
Agreed, which is why I think the award is bull shit.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has everything to do with race as a way for white men to say, check out out, we can still hang and we are just as good. Clearly he is the least deserving of the 5 candidates, not even remotely close, but since he is white and makes for good tv, he will get the trip. Would be better off catching Wicked or something then showing up o a ceremony he doesn't belong at.
You sir are a racist. @mrwallace2ku don't you agree.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OOPS, so then McCaffery's receiving yards against defense built to stop the pass should count for nothing? Your Strawman arguments run deep. Again I ask you, what is your beef with the kid when you have no dog in the hunt. Is it because Fournette got crushed as the year went on. Delusional SEC fan gonna Delusional. If this thread had been started by a bama fan I would not have responded.
So once again, what are the excuses for the Northwestern game? In the ONLY game he played a top 25 defense. The kid is over hyped, has over inflated stats, and gets way too much credit for something probably 6 other backs across the country would have done if they played on Stanford this year.