• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why in the hell is Durant talking smack to the OKC bench?

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to stop trolling. Every other day another garbage thread started by you.

To answer the question though, KD had every right to be pissed. Russ dressed up as a photographer clearly to take a shot at KD and Kanter was constantly yapping at him from the bench. KD had enough and put Kanter in his place like any man in his spot would have.

By the way, how could anybody watching last night still not get why KD left? It isn't just about ring chasing. Westbrook is talented and loyal, but very difficult to play with. He is a black hole. Now on a team with far more offensive firepower, KD is finally being utilized like he should be. He is the best scorer in the NBA. Now, finally on a team with other talented scorers willing to share, we will see just how good he is.

KD should never have had to take turns with an inefficient volume shooter like Westbrook. Like it or not, he is the best player in Golden State and he should have been utilized better in OKC. Westbrook's playing style never made that possible.

This is not meant to be a shot at Westbrook. He is a great player in his own right, but his style did not mesh with KD's. They had many years together to figure it out and could not.

Now, OP, get over it.

@tebowGOAT Don't listen to this frontrunner and his holier-than-thou antics. Your post was just fine.:clap:

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I'm sure this has been your opinion on Durant for years. Do you remember the butthurt out of Cleveland after LeBron left? Don't be that guy.

I'm not that guy, nor are most OKC fans. For years and years people thought Durant was the good guy and Russ the bad guy. Durant is not a bad guy, just not the guy most thought he was. Westbrook is always going to do his own thinking, Durant didn't do that and that is why people feel the way they do. Last couple years he started surrounding himself with people that led him in a different direction. That's his right and he will live with it, just like everyone else will. You don't have pretty much a whole team of guys upset at you at this point if you were the person you made yourself out to be, a lot would be happy for you. Not the case here, something to it.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno, he probably doesn't give a shit about the haters he knew would be bitching and crying. Doesn't sound insecure to me, sounds like a guy who does what he wants.

Most folks if they did whatever they wanted would be in jail...Like seriously. Not the case with Durant, an overprivileged athlete who took full advantage of the yes-people in his corner as well as being a free agent in the 2016 offseason of the massive cap spike where just about every team had sufficient space to sign him.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I'm sure this has been your opinion on Durant for years. Do you remember the butthurt out of Cleveland after LeBron left? Don't be that guy.

I'm not a Cavs fan and have zero association with Cleveland, but I was just as upset as anyone one when he signed with Miami. Not because he made his own decision, but for the precedent he set for the league and how he conducted himself in the process. Note that after "The Decision" many notable stars bitched their way into trades. The list is longer than one realizes...
  • Carmelo Anthony
  • Deron Williams
  • Chris Paul
  • Dwight Howard
  • Kevin Love

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a Cavs fan and have zero association with Cleveland, but I was just as upset as anyone one when he signed with Miami. Not because he made his own decision, but for the precedent he set for the league and how he conducted himself in the process. Note that after "The Decision" many notable stars bitched their way into trades. The list is longer than one realizes...
  • Carmelo Anthony
  • Deron Williams
  • Chris Paul
  • Dwight Howard
  • Kevin Love

Yep, the stars are taking over the league. In a way this goes back to The Jordan Rules. Just that now it's a dozen guys not just one.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD scored at least 20 points in his 70th straight game tonight. Surpassing Michael Jordan's streak in 90-91 and matching Kareem for 6th longest streak in NBA history. KD is getting the ball, he had so many misses in the WCF last year. In the end it comes down to playing with 3 potential HOFers instead of just 1.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant has a right to do whatever the hell he wants to do. If a bunch of low level idiots want (like this guy who apparently thinks that a failing minor league Tebow is somehow great) to get all butthurt about it, then fine. I think that is hilarious.

As for his trash talking, if a role player like Grant is stupid enough to try to show up a superstar, and Enes "I couldn't guard a cardboard box" Kanter want to start talking trash (according to the reports I read Kanter initiated the smack) then they get what they deserve.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of butt hurt.

tebowGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant has a right to do whatever the hell he wants to do. If a bunch of low level idiots want (like this guy who apparently thinks that a failing minor league Tebow is somehow great) to get all butthurt about it, then fine. I think that is hilarious.

As for his trash talking, if a role player like Grant is stupid enough to try to show up a superstar, and Enes "I couldn't guard a cardboard box" Kanter want to start talking trash (according to the reports I read Kanter initiated the smack) then they get what they deserve.

And I have a right to call him a coward for ruining the integrity of competition.

You people act like it's such a grand accomplishment that the Heat won titles, or that Cleveland won a title, or that GS will inevitably win the title; it's NOT.

All those titles are tainted and viewed as cowardly endeavors by people that possess a high basketball IQ.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most folks if they did whatever they wanted would be in jail...Like seriously. Not the case with Durant, an overprivileged athlete who took full advantage of the yes-people in his corner as well as being a free agent in the 2016 offseason of the massive cap spike where just about every team had sufficient space to sign him.

What an incredibly stupid-ass response

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I have a right to call him a coward for ruining the integrity of competition.

You people act like it's such a grand accomplishment that the Heat won titles, or that Cleveland won a title, or that GS will inevitably win the title; it's NOT.

All those titles are tainted and viewed as cowardly endeavors by people that possess a high basketball IQ.

.......and I have the right to call you out for whining about it.

Of course it is "tainted" when the best team wins championships! Damn those Pats and Cubs for assembling the best talent for tainted titles!! LOL!

You really should find something more concerning to get upset about. So an professional athlete switched teams. Who gives a rats ass. It happens every day. The part that seems to have you upset is that a good player left for a good team. What baffles me is how indignant you and others are about it. The Warriors actually look like they will be significantly worse this year and you guys are still all pissy about it.

tebowGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.......and I have the right to call you out for whining about it.

Of course it is "tainted" when the best team wins championships! Damn those Pats and Cubs for assembling the best talent for tainted titles!! LOL!

You really should find something more concerning to get upset about. So an professional athlete switched teams. Who gives a rats ass. It happens every day. The part that seems to have you upset is that a good player left for a good team. What baffles me is how indignant you and others are about it. The Warriors actually look like they will be significantly worse this year and you guys are still all pissy about it.

Basketball is much more individual based than any other team sport.

Grow up, bud.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, the stars are taking over the league. In a way this goes back to The Jordan Rules. Just that now it's a dozen guys not just one.

So you're telling me that as many as five all-stars demanded and were granted trades in the 80's and 90's??? Do tell.

LeBron was an asshole about how he handled 2010 free agency...Love the guy or hate the guy, there's no way around it.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What an incredibly stupid-ass response

So Durant is not overprivileged?

Are you going to dispute the fact that he's in such an environment that he can get his way more often the the standard American? Go ahead, I dare you...

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Grow up, bud.

@jakedog56 is a misplaced Sonics fan who had obvious reason to celebrate Durant's move to GS. You can't deny that the city of Seattle might have been the biggest winner with this signing outside of Golden State.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Grow up, bud.

So what? It is still a team game. Players still move from one team to another all the time. The Warriors and Durant both operated under the rules and the regulations of the NBA regarding free agency and the salary cap. They still have 12 players and 5 players on the floor at any given time. Plus they appear to be worse this year than last.

Getting upset over legitimate player movement is pretty ridiculous. Move on already.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you'll like that outcome either. There are obviously teams that will challenge the Ws, like the Spurs. I don't think OKC is one of them.

See that's the thing. KD in Okc was a horrible matchup for the Spurs. SA has always had a hard time beating the Thunder. Now KD's new team plays right into the hands of the Spurs. Well see if his gamble pays off.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Durant is not overprivileged?

Are you going to dispute the fact that he's in such an environment that he can get his way more often the the standard American? Go ahead, I dare you...

I get it, you hate durant. To come out with that "if you and I blah blah blah we'd be in jail" schtick makes it beyond obvious.

Remind me, what did he do that was illegal, again?

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it, you hate durant. To come out with that "if you and I blah blah blah we'd be in jail" schtick makes it beyond obvious.

Remind me, what did he do that was illegal, again?

Point being, Durant had it way too easy with the media over the years. He's not god's gift to the world like most make him to be. When LeBron went to Miami and many fans turned on him, most turned to Durant as their favorite superstar. Even when he was in OKC, the general perception throughout the national media was that Durant could do no wrong while Westbrook was usually the scapegoat for the Thunder's failures.

I'm so tired of this bullshit that "Kevin Durant should do whatever he wants". If that's the case, why can't the same hold true for all of us?

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point being, Durant had it way too easy with the media over the years. He's not god's gift to the world like most make him to be. When LeBron went to Miami and many fans turned on him, most turned to Durant as their favorite superstar. Even when he was in OKC, the general perception throughout the national media was that Durant could do no wrong while Westbrook was usually the scapegoat for the Thunder's failures.

I'm so tired of this bullshit that "Kevin Durant should do whatever he wants". If that's the case, why can't the same hold true for all of us?

I'm no cleveland fan, nor am I a lebron nut-hugger, so I personally had no problem with his professional decisions, it didnt make him a villain to me, speaking for myself. Frankly, from what I've observed of him, you seem to really overblow this "love" that Durant was getting from the masses. He's a generally quiet guy, goes about his business, no drama to speak of, but somehow the media and fans were making him out to be "God's gift"?? No sir, i simply dont see it, it just sounds to me like you have a beef with Durant because he decided to leave OKC and go to an already-successful squad