• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why in the hell is Durant talking smack to the OKC bench?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno, he probably doesn't give a shit about the haters he knew would be bitching and crying. Doesn't sound insecure to me, sounds like a guy who does what he wants.

I'm not in the Durant hate club.

But, I agree he's ridiculously sensitive or very insecure.

Women do shit like this after a bad breakup....lol

“For a few days after I didn’t leave my bed (later he clarified, his rented house in the Hamptons) because I was like ‘if I walk outside somebody might just hit me with their car, or say anything negative to me.’

Kevin Durant says he stayed in bed for two days after choosing Warriors

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm no cleveland fan, nor am I a lebron nut-hugger, so I personally had no problem with his professional decisions, it didnt make him a villain to me, speaking for myself. Frankly, from what I've observed of him, you seem to really overblow this "love" that Durant was getting from the masses. He's a generally quiet guy, goes about his business, no drama to speak of, but somehow the media and fans were making him out to be "God's gift"?? No sir, i simply dont see it, it just sounds to me like you have a beef with Durant because he decided to leave OKC and go to an already-successful squad

If that's the case, fine then. I wouldn't say I hate Durant like I do some others, but just because he says the right things with the media doesn't mean he's faultless. Many fans jumped on his bandwagon when LeBron went to Miami. I wasn't one of them. I, for one, have always been aware of Durant's frontrunner attributes even during his younger days.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I, for one, have always been aware of Durant's frontrunner attributes even during his younger days.

Well then good for you, I'm proud of you for that

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're telling me that as many as five all-stars demanded and were granted trades in the 80's and 90's??? Do tell.

LeBron was an asshole about how he handled 2010 free agency...Love the guy or hate the guy, there's no way around it.

I see English is not your first language. I SAID it was just one guy running the league back then (Jordan) and now it's a dozen.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See that's the thing. KD in Okc was a horrible matchup for the Spurs. SA has always had a hard time beating the Thunder. Now KD's new team plays right into the hands of the Spurs. Well see if his gamble pays off.

No arguing with this part.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to really like this guy, and I still like him a little, but PLEASE keep your mouth shut, you cowardly colluding backstabber.

You were up 3-1 on a 73 win team and you decided to JOIN them...you RUINED the integrity of COMPETITION, just like LeCollude.

Just play ball and NEVER talk trash to OKC as if beating them with a super team is some kind of accomplishment.

I don't count the Heat or Cleveland titles as 100% real, and I certainly won't count Golden State's as 100% real.

What a soft joke this league has turned into.

I understand talking back to those who are trash talking you either in a game or in the press, but sometimes people who do the "offending" action act like they have reason to be upset. So when it is in response to something that Oklahoma City players say, fine. But when he decided to leave his team, that's his right, but he can't act slighted or offended. Refusing to acknowledge them for shake their hands before the game, etc. I get that it is awkward and the other side is upset you left, but the feelings shouldn't be equal. I believe they offered him the max and he went to Golden State instead. Not quite sure what he would have to be upset with in Oklahoma City. And then if their players are lashing out because he left, isn't that to be expected and there should be some slack.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, op is a douchebag on every board.

I wonder what Tebow would think of his judgmental nature.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not think the lack of chemistry is overblown.

They were both consensus top 5 players in the league. They also had some other high quality pieces on the roster for the duration of their run together.

Tell me this:

In the last 40 years, can you name another duo that were each consensus top 5 players who were on the same team for as long as KD and Russ yet still failed to win a title?

If the chemistry between those players had worked, they should have won a ring and at least appeared in more than 1 NBA Final.

I know they had injury years and not great coaching with Brooks, but still. When you have that much talent, the bar can and should be higher than just getting kind of close.

So do you think the lack of chemistry lost th the championship vs Miami...Harden had a horfoble series and that team was still young. Do you think it lost the series vs GS when they were up 3-1. I think they faced a better team in both cases but GS came back bc KD turned the ball over a lot and didnt shoot that well, same for the rest of the team. It was a choke but I always give lots of credit to GS bc they are a great team and exploited their weaknesses. They didnt seem to have chemistry problems the first 4 games. Also, some seasons when either KD or Russelll were hurt they had no chance bc they needed both players to contend for a title. They had chances and they choked, I think it had less to do with chemistry and more to do with other things honestly IMO.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do you think the lack of chemistry lost th the championship vs Miami...Harden had a horfoble series and that team was still young. Do you think it lost the series vs GS when they were up 3-1. I think they faced a better team in both cases but GS came back bc KD turned the ball over a lot and didnt shoot that well, same for the rest of the team. It was a choke but I always give lots of credit to GS bc they are a great team and exploited their weaknesses. They didnt seem to have chemistry problems the first 4 games. Also, some seasons when either KD or Russelll were hurt they had no chance bc they needed both players to contend for a title. They had chances and they choked, I think it had less to do with chemistry and more to do with other things honestly IMO.

Here is what I would say Shane.

Those 2 examples were the Thunder's two most successful seasons. In both cases they lost to great teams and there were plenty of things that happened along the way. Aside from the two injury seasons, OKC has been arguably the most talented squad in the league since that 2012 Finals appearance and I do think they underachieved a bit given their talent.

Was it chemistry? Was it a choke job?

I think it was a bit of both. But, if Russ and KD had better chemistry, perhaps they would not have taken so many contested shots and they would have been more successful. I think it is possible that their "chemistry" is a large part of why they shot so poorly. They did not create many easy shots for each other when the team needed it most.

I guess I never really saw evidence that they had great chemistry. They are both individually great players, but I don't think they necessarily made each other better.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is what I would say Shane.

Those 2 examples were the Thunder's two most successful seasons. In both cases they lost to great teams and there were plenty of things that happened along the way. Aside from the two injury seasons, OKC has been arguably the most talented squad in the league since that 2012 Finals appearance and I do think they underachieved a bit given their talent.

Was it chemistry? Was it a choke job?

I think it was a bit of both. But, if Russ and KD had better chemistry, perhaps they would not have taken so many contested shots and they would have been more successful. I think it is possible that their "chemistry" is a large part of why they shot so poorly. They did not create many easy shots for each other when the team needed it most.

I guess I never really saw evidence that they had great chemistry. They are both individually great players, but I don't think they necessarily made each other better.

Is Durant making Curry better right now?

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Durant making Curry better right now?

That's the part they are still working on. It took LeBron a while to get things sorted out on his teams too.

But in terms of their attitude towards each other and the team, the chemistry is there already. In terms of figuring out their most efficient style of play each night....still figuring it out, obviously.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the part they are still working on. It took LeBron a while to get things sorted out on his teams too.

But in terms of their attitude towards each other and the team, the chemistry is there already. In terms of figuring out their most efficient style of play each night....still figuring it out, obviously.

We have since a slice of what they can be offensively together and it is ridculous. But in the past the Warriors have thrived on defensively play, rebounding, and rim protecting. They dont have any of those things now so they will have to outscore the opponent. KD is an average on the ball defender but he is not very good off the ball. A decent rebounder but nothing special. It should work out eventually but team defense could always be a problem IMO

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, but Curry sure seems to be making KD better.

So far his fg percentage is up from career stats. That will level out I'm sure.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far his fg percentage is up from career stats. That will level out I'm sure.

The real number to watch is true shooting percentage. I expect KD's to be higher this year because of the ball movement. If true at season's end, that would be evidence that Russ did not make KD better.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: @the overreaction to KD with the Warriors.

When Lebron went to Miami, they were 9-8 after 17 games and everyone was talking about how "they were mismatched pieces," "too many alphas," "there's only one ball and all of them want it," "They're trying too hard to share," etc., etc.

Over the next 4 years, every time they struggled, people said the same things. Yet, 4 years later, they had made 4 straight finals trips and won 2 titles. So, it would seem they figured something out.

When Lebron returned to Cleveland and they struggled at times, it was, "Kyrie and Lebron can't play together," "Love is pouting," "they don't fit together," etc., etc. Yet, after 2 years, they have 2 straight finals trips and 1 title. So again, it would seem they figured something out.

I see no reason that things should be different with the Warriors. They will struggle at times, they will lose games they shouldn't (like to the Lakers) and sometimes they will win despite not looking very good.

But does anyone honestly think that they won't eventually figure something out?

Reactions: LAD

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: @the overreaction to KD with the Warriors.

When Lebron went to Miami, they were 9-8 after 17 games and everyone was talking about how "they were mismatched pieces," "too many alphas," "there's only one ball and all of them want it," "They're trying too hard to share," etc., etc.

Over the next 4 years, every time they struggled, people said the same things. Yet, 4 years later, they had made 4 straight finals trips and won 2 titles. So, it would seem they figured something out.

When Lebron returned to Cleveland and they struggled at times, it was, "Kyrie and Lebron can't play together," "Love is pouting," "they don't fit together," etc., etc. Yet, after 2 years, they have 2 straight finals trips and 1 title. So again, it would seem they figured something out.

I see no reason that things should be different with the Warriors. They will struggle at times, they will lose games they shouldn't (like to the Lakers) and sometimes they will win despite not looking very good.

But does anyone honestly think that they won't eventually figure something out?
agree to a certain point- but in GSW they kept the vast majority of their corp- and their coach- all who have been there for years.

In Cleveland- the only rotation guys that were basically kept were Kyrie and Thompson. New coach- LeBron, Love, role players- the big trade(s) to get Mozgov, Shump, Jr. etc....

in Miami too- it was all totally new- new system for just about everyone. Pretty much an entire roster turned over. only holdoverse that played were wade, chalmers, james jones, joel anthony and to a certain extent carlos arroyo.

In GSW they do have the advtange of having a coach and a system in place and the vast majority of their corp returning who have played with eachother for years now.

Curry, Green, Thompson, Livingston, Iguadala, Looney, Clark, Varejao (though its not like he counts) were all on thee team last year with a coach who is in his 3rd year and a system that is in place.

thats a lot more continuity then in Miami and a ton more than in Cleveland year 1 for LeBron.

anyone not surprised that McCaw has played a total of 19 minutes in the first 6 games besides me?

Last edited:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree to a certain point- but in GSW they kept the vast majority of their corp- and their coach- all who have been there for years.

In Cleveland- the only rotation guys that were basically kept were Kyrie and Thompson. New coach- LeBron, Love, role players- the big trade(s) to get Mozgov, Shump, Jr. etc....

in Miami too- it was all totally new- new system for just about everyone. Pretty much an entire roster turned over. only holdoverse that played were wade, chalmers, james jones, joel anthony and to a certain extent carlos arroyo.

In GSW they do have the advtange of having a coach and a system in place and the vast majority of their corp returning who have played with eachother for years now.

Curry, Green, Thompson, Livingston, Iguadala, Looney, Clark, Varejao (though its not like he counts) were all on thee team last year with a coach who is in his 3rd year and a system that is in place.

thats a lot more continuity then in Miami and a ton more than in Cleveland year 1 for LeBron.

anyone not surprised that McCaw has played a total of 19 minutes in the first 6 games besides me?

LOL.

He got injured in the first half of game 2. Has been inactive since.

NIce try though.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not in the Durant hate club.

But, I agree he's ridiculously sensitive or very insecure.

Women do shit like this after a bad breakup....lol

“For a few days after I didn’t leave my bed (later he clarified, his rented house in the Hamptons) because I was like ‘if I walk outside somebody might just hit me with their car, or say anything negative to me.’

Kevin Durant says he stayed in bed for two days after choosing Warriors

Nice analogy. I thought the way Durant and GS acted against OKC was just like a guy stealing his best friend's girl then parading her around him. And her saying something negative to the ex-boyfriend.
By the way Durant is the bitch girlfriend in this scenario.